• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall maple schedule is out

Any predictions on the U13G's???

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some teams will win, some teams will lose. Who really cares?

Comment

Some teams will win, some teams will lose. Who really cares?
      Someone cares enough to ask. This is a free-form soccer forum. If you don't care and have something constructive or worthwhile to say, then do so. If only the former, the feel free to shut up.

Comment

Most of the top clubs don't care a whole lot about the fall. June State Cup is all that's important.

Comment

No more Maple for us -- yippee! NEP & regionals. See you at State Cup.

Comment

No more Maple for us -- yippee! NEP & regionals. See you at State Cup.
            Yeah, whipping all the club "B" teams in NEP is a heckuva lot easier than playing club "A" teams in MAPLE.

And, you can pick and choose the number of games you play in NEP. Wanna just play 2 games in the fall NEP season? Sure, no prob, anything goes in NEP.

Comment

Yeah, whipping all the club "B" teams in NEP is a heckuva lot easier than playing club "A" teams in MAPLE.

And, you can pick and choose the number of games you play in NEP. Wanna just play 2 games in the fall NEP season? Sure, no prob, anything goes in NEP.
              We're all very sorry your son/daughter got either cut or had his/her team beaten by a team in NEP. Don't you think it's time to move on?

Comment

Really???!!! If it is that relaxed then let me in!!! Are you suggesting that the clubs will simply concentrate on training and not worry as much about winning? That sounds great for the younger teams!! Besides with 5-6 divisions in MAPLE BU10 and 6 Divisions in MAPLE BU11 vying for the Blue division, you have no idea what kind of mediocrity you will encounter in the Fall. For the BU11 and BU12, the Spring may be different, but remains to be seen. Even for these older teams, it seems like the Bolts will be emphasizing more training than being concerned with whether they beat the self-determined 'best of the best of the best'.

Unfortunately, the NEP teams won't be allowed into the Irwin and Andre Cups to determine who is the best in the state. Oh, wait....those aren't state cup tournaments!! They are MAPLE only tournaments. So how do we determine who is best in the state at the younger ages???

WE DON'T!!!! IT ISN'T IMPORTANT NOW NOR IN THE PAST!!!

Comment

Really???!!! If it is that relaxed then let me in!!! Are you suggesting that the clubs will simply concentrate on training and not worry as much about winning? That sounds great for the younger teams!! Besides with 5-6 divisions in MAPLE BU10 and 6 Divisions in MAPLE BU11 vying for the Blue division, you have no idea what kind of mediocrity you will encounter in the Fall. For the BU11 and BU12, the Spring may be different, but remains to be seen. Even for these older teams, it seems like the Bolts will be emphasizing more training than being concerned with whether they beat the self-determined 'best of the best of the best'.

Unfortunately, the NEP teams won't be allowed into the Irwin and Andre Cups to determine who is the best in the state. Oh, wait....those aren't state cup tournaments!! They are MAPLE only tournaments. So how do we determine who is best in the state at the younger ages???

WE DON'T!!!! IT ISN'T IMPORTANT NOW NOR IN THE PAST!!!
                  Yes, NEP is great for those players and teams that don't want to compete.

Comment

Yes, NEP is great for those players and teams that don't want to compete.
                    Good point....not. Having heard many opinions regarding the direction of youth soccer in this country, less emphasis on competition and games with more emphasis on trraining doesn't sound too bad. However, you point should not go without some support since, at some point you have to put your tools to the test.
                    I just don't think that U10, U11, and U12 need to see the best of the best of the best. Furthermore, having seen many of the U10 teams with my older son, I can't believe that the competition in MAPLE U10 is any different than U10 competition elsewhere. As for U11 and U12, maybe there is a difference. At the older ages, I suspect MAPLE provides better competition. However, the Bolts boys are out of NEP by then and into the Academy leagues.

Comment

Yes. The U13 parents will be as crazy as the U17 parents.

Comment

Yes. The U13 parents will be as crazy as the U17 parents.
                        No way, the U-11G are the ones to look out for

Comment

Good point....not. Having heard many opinions regarding the direction of youth soccer in this country, less emphasis on competition and games with more emphasis on trraining doesn't sound too bad. However, you point should not go without some support since, at some point you have to put your tools to the test.
                          I just don't think that U10, U11, and U12 need to see the best of the best of the best. Furthermore, having seen many of the U10 teams with my older son, I can't believe that the competition in MAPLE U10 is any different than U10 competition elsewhere. As for U11 and U12, maybe there is a difference. At the older ages, I suspect MAPLE provides better competition. However, the Bolts boys are out of NEP by then and into the Academy leagues.
                          Yep, been there, done that. In the Blue, don't care. Looking forward to another 8v8 year and regionals for older player. State Cup is fun, but REALLY looking forward to never playing Maple again. Bye-bye!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X