Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Garbage arse parents screaming to kids during a game, “.

Trashy MFs.
    The only time we had problems with that was when Palm Bay was a separate club. We hated playing both rec and comp games at those fields off of Minton. The parents and the players trash talked constantly and used racist and sexist language. I recall one of our team managers having a perfectly calm conversation with the Palm Bay coach about something or other. One of the U14 boys jumped up and called her a effing witch (as in a, w, c). The coach laughed and did absolutely nothing to discipline the kid.

On a co-ed rec team, the comments directed at one of our female players were just disgusting. The next year, two of our black players on a comp team were subjected to racist trash talk which was absolutely bizarre because they had a black player on their own team!

The players definitely got it from their parents. I remember one year wondering if we could get to the final minutes of a game without one of their parents threatening a fist fight with one of our parents or screaming at their kids to break one of our players' legs.

Don't know if they were brought under control when they merged with BSA, but when they were Palm Bay I dreaded it whenever we had them on our schedule. I don't recall them being particularly aggressive physically and engaging in dangerous play, just foul mouths that ruined the experience for everyone.

Comment

The only time we had problems with that was when Palm Bay was a separate club. We hated playing both rec and comp games at those fields off of Minton. The parents and the players trash talked constantly and used racist and sexist language. I recall one of our team managers having a perfectly calm conversation with the Palm Bay coach about something or other. One of the U14 boys jumped up and called her a effing witch (as in a, w, c). The coach laughed and did absolutely nothing to discipline the kid.

On a co-ed rec team, the comments directed at one of our female players were just disgusting. The next year, two of our black players on a comp team were subjected to racist trash talk which was absolutely bizarre because they had a black player on their own team!

The players definitely got it from their parents. I remember one year wondering if we could get to the final minutes of a game without one of their parents threatening a fist fight with one of our parents or screaming at their kids to break one of our players' legs.

Don't know if they were brought under control when they merged with BSA, but when they were Palm Bay I dreaded it whenever we had them on our schedule. I don't recall them being particularly aggressive physically and engaging in dangerous play, just foul mouths that ruined the experience for everyone.
      well, now that I know you are talking about Palm Bay it is a little more believable. That club was comprised of a lot of lower income and uneducated. When kids were young and we played them , they for sure had the roughest parents, but personally never heard anything racist.

Comment

well, now that I know you are talking about Palm Bay it is a little more believable. That club was comprised of a lot of lower income and uneducated. When kids were young and we played them , they for sure had the roughest parents, but personally never heard anything racist.
        I brought up Palm Bay, I'm not the OP. No clue what club they are talking about.

Comment

Of course there can be

Is there racism in America against white folks? Can you be more moron?
          I try not to post on this site because more may be accomplished yelling at a brick wall than trying to get audience to undertand simple concepts - this kind of nonsense needs to stop. Racism is not a one-way street. It can go both / multiple ways. Gender discrimination is not a one-way street. It too can go both ways.

When there is a prejudice, discriminatoin or antagonism against someone based on their race (any race), it is racism. While generally in a vast majority of this country, racism isn't directed per se at "white folks," it does and can exist. The mere belief that hatred, discrimination and prejudiced bahavior can be directed towards white folks is in and of itself racist.

In no context, nor under any circumstance, is it ok to discriminate in any way against somoene solely because of their race, ethnic background, gender, etc. It is not ok to yell racist comments at children, even those in their late teens - whether they are playing a game or not. Further, it is not ok to do the same even when they are adults. Anger, frustration, and jealousy do not justify racist comments or behavior.

As for the person who believes it is ok to discriminate against white folks, or to otherwise be prejudiced against or allow actions and behavior to be influenced by, somoene who is white, you are part of the problem - and those thoughts, statement and actions will erect a bar to any potential, meaningful reduction in hate in this country.

Comment

I try not to post on this site because more may be accomplished yelling at a brick wall than trying to get audience to undertand simple concepts - this kind of nonsense needs to stop. Racism is not a one-way street. It can go both / multiple ways. Gender discrimination is not a one-way street. It too can go both ways.

When there is a prejudice, discriminatoin or antagonism against someone based on their race (any race), it is racism. While generally in a vast majority of this country, racism isn't directed per se at "white folks," it does and can exist. The mere belief that hatred, discrimination and prejudiced bahavior can be directed towards white folks is in and of itself racist.

In no context, nor under any circumstance, is it ok to discriminate in any way against somoene solely because of their race, ethnic background, gender, etc. It is not ok to yell racist comments at children, even those in their late teens - whether they are playing a game or not. Further, it is not ok to do the same even when they are adults. Anger, frustration, and jealousy do not justify racist comments or behavior.

As for the person who believes it is ok to discriminate against white folks, or to otherwise be prejudiced against or allow actions and behavior to be influenced by, somoene who is white, you are part of the problem - and those thoughts, statement and actions will erect a bar to any potential, meaningful reduction in hate in this country.
            “Your white privilege is showing.”

-libs

Comment

Racism, prejudice, discrimination, and bigotry are not synonymous. The distinctions are important and have to do with systemic, institutional, and social dynamics; individual beliefs and behaviors, and power differentials at both the macro and micro level of interpersonal relationships. I recommend you clarify how you're defining your terms a little better. Your last two sentences in the portion I quoted are seemingly contradictory. I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make here.

Comment

Racism??

I always encourage my BLACK sons to go in studs up if they're ever racially abused on the pitch! I'm always at their matches and always ready to defend them. And I'm not hard to miss either...usually that big, black guy sitting in the back observing.

Comment

In short, whoever believes that in USA there are explicit examples of racism against white people is retarded, moron or idiot.

Comment

Take your honky ass to Miami then.

Comment

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/t...?TeamID=919761

This team

Comment

Interesting still have not heard what they did that was racist. I am still going with there were probably some antagonistic parents or players on the opposing team, and the beachside parents reacted to them in a manner that probably was not classy, but most likely not racist. Just my bet. anyone there know? Have seen it many times. Would be nice if adults could take the high road instead of responding to bad behavior with bad behavior.

Comment

Good idea

I always encourage my BLACK sons to go in studs up if they're ever racially abused on the pitch! I'm always at their matches and always ready to defend them. And I'm not hard to miss either...usually that big, black guy sitting in the back observing.
                          They should knock them out - hopefully their teammates do that first - I would have.

Comment

Like I said

In short, whoever believes that in USA there are explicit examples of racism against white people is retarded, moron or idiot.
                            You are part if the problem and with this attitude, racial fueled hate will never go away. To say that it is less prevalent is not to say it is nonexistent - to say that it is nonexistant is to put your head in the sand. It does exist - was in lauderhill, 5 year old looking kid came up to me and said you are white, you dont belong here. While many reasons may underly that statement, at the heart of it is likely a belief system in the kids family and community that there is a difference between us and we need to be separate - yes, there were divisions before that leading communities to those divisions but the belief system today that the division should remain is based on race and is racist as well. I wasnt offended - rather thought it was cute if the kid but at the same time it was disappointing.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2584478]You are part if the problem and with this attitude, racial fueled hate will never go away. To say that it is less prevalent is not to say it is nonexistent - to say that it is nonexistant is to put your head in the sand. It does exist - was in lauderhill, 5 year old looking kid came up to me and said you are white, you dont belong here. While many reasons may underly that statement, at the heart of it is likely a belief system in the kids family and community that there is a difference between us and we need to be separate - yes, there were divisions before that leading communities to those divisions but the belief system today that the division should remain is based on race and is racist as well. I wasnt offended - rather thought it was cute if the kid but at the same time it was disappointing.[/QUOTE

Congratulations! To use personal experiences to explain social problems constitutes demagogy.

Comment

More racist blacks and latinos...

Kick their f.ucking arses next time so they won’t do it again.
                                Love to see you border jumpers try that. Let's GOOOOO

As for your "black" kids coming in studs up- Let me see that happen in a game and I'll be whipping that black ass in the back in front of your own kids. Believe that.

Blacks/Hispanics are the most racist people in the U.S. yet whine and cry that they don't have equality. What is either race going to do if you ever have the chance to take over the U.S.? Ruin it like they have their countries of origin around the globe.

There's a reason that asians don't let blacks into their countries and it's the same reason the american indians kept spanish out of N. America. Both races are 100% pure cancer. They breed like rats and leave most of their "children" without fathers. They commit violent crimes at a much higher percentage than whites. They are lazy and always want "justice" and "respect" for absolutely no reason. Pathetic.

I'm glad I won't ever see a black or hispanic majority in my lifetime. 100yrs from now everyone in the U.S. will be mud colored.

RIP America. Blacks and Browns are rapidly destroying yet another country.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X