Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids just started playing youth soccer basic questions

my 8 year old started with a large club in Orlando this year. So far he is having fun and the parents seem nice. I have some questions:

If I don't yell at the ref and other teams players will I be looked down on?

Why do so many parents yell at the kids for passing back. Seems like a way to reset the fields but, many parents are yelling always go forward. Seems the kids could end up in the Bahamas if they always go forward and happen to be facing South East.

Is proper soccer strategy to always apply pressure? So many parents are constantly yelling pressure...

Our coach is kinda cute and while I was single I would have blown him for the fun of it, now my wife might get mad. Is it necessary for playing time for my son?

Are private lessons necessary at this age?

Is $5k a year in travel really necessary at this age?

Thanks in advance

Jim

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    my 8 year old started with a large club in Orlando this year. So far he is having fun and the parents seem nice. I have some questions:

Why do so many parents yell at the kids for passing back. Seems like a way to reset the fields but, many parents are yelling always go forward. Seems the kids could end up in the Bahamas if they always go forward and happen to be facing South East.

Is proper soccer strategy to always apply pressure? So many parents are constantly yelling pressure...

Our coach is kinda cute and while I was single I would have blown him for the fun of it, now my wife might get mad. Is it necessary for playing time for my son?

Thanks in advance

Jim

Forget soccer, you and your family need JESUS!

Comment

Thanks in advance

Jim
      run, and don't look back

Comment

Thanks in advance

Jim
        Go f.vck yourself,
        Regards

Comment

Thanks in advance

Jim
          Some serious advice if this is a legit post. Don't look for helpful or respectful answers to any question about youth soccer at this site. You won't get it. If this is a trolling post to prove my point, well done.

Comment

Forget soccer, you and your family need JESUS!
            Jesus cuts my yard. He is solid

Comment

Some serious advice if this is a legit post. Don't look for helpful or respectful answers to any question about youth soccer at this site. You won't get it. If this is a trolling post to prove my point, well done.
              If it even crossed your mind that this might be a serious post, you might need help too.

Comment

-don't you care about your child!!? If you aren't screaming at someone you are just being lazy... don't set that example for your child, show them what effort looks like, scream til you lose your voice, they need it, especially at this young age while they are still developing!

-The Bahamas are nice this time of year, quit whining. If you want a change of pace yell SHOOT IT as soon as the ball crosses mid-field, that should break up any monotony.

-Yes, always pressure, always forward, Mob mentality only works if EVERYONE is on board, so get on or get left newbie!

-While it may or may not be necessary may I suggest letting the coach share you both!? this could erase any hard feelings at home and it certainly wont hurt your sons minutes!

-OF COURSE THEY ARE.... Jeeze I know you are new but try to keep up man.

-College scouts rarely hit the local tourneys so yes, it definitely is. You never know when the next DI college will be at these big tourneys just browsing the U8-U9 divisions for the next Messi.

Thanks in advance

Jim
                Guidance from experience friend

Comment

Thanks in advance

Jim
                  My advice for you, Jim: work on your troll posts. This is weak.

Comment

Guidance from experience friend
                    Finally someone takes my post seriously! Thank you so much I appreciate all the points you touch on. The mob mentality is important to remember.

A couple of people bring cowbells and Tambourines as noisemakers. I still have my trombone from high school. It is a little rusty but, is it ok to give the rusty trombone a go as a noisemaker at the games?

Comment

Finally someone takes my post seriously! Thank you so much I appreciate all the points you touch on. The mob mentality is important to remember.

A couple of people bring cowbells and Tambourines as noisemakers. I still have my trombone from high school. It is a little rusty but, is it ok to give the rusty trombone a go as a noisemaker at the games?
                      Small airhorns work better. You can get on amazon for 5-10$ and can be concealed easily... sometimes the referees get all p1ssy about it, makes for the best entertainment when they cant figure out who it is!!!

Comment

Rusty trombones are the best

Comment

Thanks in advance

Jim
                          Jealous much... this isn’t golf...let enthusiastic parents be... don’t be a miserable old person..

Comment

Thanks in advance

Jim
                            Hi Jim,
                            I just f.ucked your wife as you advised.
                            Thanks a lot

Comment

Hi Jim,
                              I just f.ucked your wife as you advised.
                              Thanks a lot
                              I should have warned you about herpes and the hepatitis...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X