Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all the haters worried about Inter players not having play time

US DA recommends all players rostered to have play time during the season. Otherwise, the club that doesn't offer play time to its players would have to explain to US DA why they were rostered if they don’t have play time. That situation would conflict with players development so US DA doesn’t approve it. All Inter players will have play time. Season is long so relax.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    US DA recommends all players rostered to have play time during the season. Otherwise, the club that doesn't offer play time to its players would have to explain to US DA why they were rostered if they don’t have play time. That situation would conflict with players development so US DA doesn’t approve it. All Inter players will have play time. Season is long so relax.
    "Recommends " not mandatory + IM is an MLS club, keep warming up those benches boys !

Comment

USDA mandates 25% starts. It doesn't mandate any amount of playing time. So yes some coaches will start players and yank them quickly, or give them their PT only against weak teams.

not an Inter hater or lover, that's just how it works.

Comment

My kid was on a MLS Da in another state and believe me, if you are not one of the top 7 or 8 players on the team, it sucks, period. They may play you the last 5 to 10 minutes of each game and give you a token start every now and then to placate you from quitting. There will be many games where you will not play at all.

Why would any kid put up with that? If you only play 25% of the time on an MLS DA they have already decided you are not coming back next year, and this year will be a total waste.

Live and learn.

Comment

My kid was on a MLS Da in another state and believe me, if you are not one of the top 7 or 8 players on the team, it sucks, period. They may play you the last 5 to 10 minutes of each game and give you a token start every now and then to placate you from quitting. There will be many games where you will not play at all.

Why would any kid put up with that? If you only play 25% of the time on an MLS DA they have already decided you are not coming back next year, and this year will be a total waste.

Live and learn.
          ^^^ this guy gets it. DA can be great if you're a consistent starter. Beyond that there's very diminished returns. Not all Da clubs are the same either - if you don't have good options but your DA club has great coaches, then not playing much may be worth it. But plenty of clubs dont' have good coaching, it costs a ton (assuming non MLS) and there's a great deal of travel. Rarely playing under those circumstances is not worth it.

Comment

Do you want to be a bencher in FC Barcelona or a starter in Rayo Vallecano?
            Think

Comment

Think
              How much am I getting paid?

Comment

If your player is on the DA track then they really have to do some serious self reflection and evaluation. If they're not getting play time do they reasonably think they have the ability to train and demonstrate that to their coach(es) in a reasonable timeframe or should they move on to somewhere else they can get PT. Or, are they good battling for limited play time (if any).

At that level the best players should be playing week in and week out. Period. Why else would you play that level? You want lesser players to get a bunch of play time then go rec. Seriously.

Comment

Think
                  To develop you need to play. I would rather play for Rayo. As an adult it is a different answer money, lifestyle, and other opportunities come into it Barcelona is probably a better option.

Comment

Think
                    How old am I ?

Comment

Live and learn.
                      I think all the way to 15 and even 16 years old you need to be playing. These are crucial years. People just get carried away because it’s an mls team.. well the kid might have been better off getting tons of playtime somewhere else during those years.. it’s not how you start, it’s how you end when you are older and ready.

Comment

Inter made the mistake of not having Reserves teams. Only U13 will play SFUYS league so that all players have play time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X