Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh, the ID clinic emails

I made it through summer ignoring the furious onslaught of ID clinic emails. Now it seems the winter clinic invites (all generic) are rolling in.

I have a freshman girl. Is it time to start paying attention and go to a few clinics to shake out the nerves before attending school-specific ones this and next summer?

If she is playing ECNL showcases do I really need to bother with the ID clinics?

If it’s not an ID clinic it’s bring a friend to practice week 😂.

Lots of clubs struggling I guess.

Comment

First mistake is paying for Ecnl ,so might as well waste more money.Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        First mistake is paying for Ecnl ,so might as well waste more money.Lol
        I don't pay. My kid is so good she is on a full scholarship at her club.

Comment

Could we just talk about the efficacy of the ID clinics and not debate which stupid league our kids should be playing in? There is a whole thread for those of you who want to make fun of the rest of you for playing in whatever league YOUR kid isn't playing in.

Comment

You lost me at effficacy.

Comment

Humble brag much?

Comment

I don't pay. My kid is so good she is on a full scholarship at her club.
                Does she get a full scholarship because she is good, or because your family needs financial aid? Sad to think there could be a player out there utilizing that aid and its going to your kid because she is "so good", even though you are capable of paying. Curious which club does this.

Comment

I know one ECNL club that used to do that. Begins with an S and ends with an S.

Comment

And you are surprised by this?

Comment

I know one ECNL club that used to do that. Begins with an S and ends with an S.
                      Because the player is good or because they need financial aid? Does it include travel costs which are the biggest expense? Where does the money come from?

Comment

Does she get a full scholarship because she is good, or because your family needs financial aid? Sad to think there could be a player out there utilizing that aid and its going to your kid because she is "so good", even though you are capable of paying. Curious which club does this.
                        Plenty do. In a market with too many clubs and leagues and not enough talent, clubs will often sweeten the pot to get players. Others only do financial need based.

Comment

Plenty do. In a market with too many clubs and leagues and not enough talent, clubs will often sweeten the pot to get players. Others only do financial need based.
                          Sweeten the pot with what? Where is the money coming from? Sponsers or the other families? Don't think it will be so sweet when the other families find out they have to cover for someone else's little superstar.

Comment

Not club ID clinic, college ID clinics. Narrow the scope and pick a few based on the colleges you are interested in both academically and soccerwise. It’s a good way to see a campus and get a feel for the program. But don’t go to every one, ask your coach for guidance and if the school is interested in you, otherwise it is just a money grab. See the team play (film or in person), gotten a feel for the team and who they recruit. Each team has a personality. See if it fits. Don’t pick off of name. You will close doors that actually have potential.

Comment

Sweeten the pot with what? Where is the money coming from? Sponsers or the other families? Don't think it will be so sweet when the other families find out they have to cover for someone else's little superstar.
                              They cushion the price for full paying families. It is what it is, as the poster said many do it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X