a resignation letter from one referee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The annual thread ritual- complaining about the refs.

Not all are good, but most do a good job. Mistakes get made, even my the pros, and kids need to learn sometimes things don't go your way.

Parents should 1) learn the rules themselves (they probably never played the game) 2) chill the fuk out. It's youth soccer. It's not that important. If it's an issue of players safety have your coach handle it. Otherwise just cheer your kids on, politely. Going nuts turns off the kids and young refs. Young refs become older experienced refs, but not when so many quit in the first few years

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      90% of the parents don't know the rules.
      90% of refs think it’s American football

Comment

Some Refs are Fixing Games

Two years ago a home town ref would let the other team foul out players and would then only call the foul IF IT TURNED INTO AN ADVANTAGE. So other team's kids fouls our player. He would let the game continue unless we got a break and then he'd blow the whistle late and make us come back and take a free kick. Did it repeatedly in one game which ended in a tie or a late loss I believe.

Then another incident this year where a kick basically did a red card foul on one of our kids. Ref doesn't blow the whistle on that foul until just as our forward slams the ball into the back of the net. Ref calls off the goal and makes us take a free kick.

Totally BS. I think that refs should not be allowed to ref at the same fields over and over again.

I don't believe in yelling at the refs and I rarely do. But when you see a Ref trying to fix game its just wrong.

Comment

“Soccer parents: You are absolutely 100% the reason that we have a critical refereeing shortage and games are being cancelled left and right. And you are part of the reason I’m done here.”
          Blow me

Comment

1. There is only one "side", not offsides.
            2. It's OK to kick while on the ground.
            3. There is no "handball".
            4. There are no linesmen. The are Assistant Referees. Responsibilities of AR are outlined in the IFAB rules.
            5. Just because little Johnny or Jill fall down, doesn't mean a foul is involved.
            6. Soccer is a contact sport. It's not against the laws/rules to get physical.
            7. Referees have a lot of discretion on blowing the whistle. Just because a foul occurred doesn't mean the game stops.
            8. AR's do not have to be exactly even with the second to last defender 100% of the time.
            9. Management of the game differs with age group and skill levels. Yes, referees are able to change how they enforce the laws/rules based on age, skill, male/female, weather, and other factors.
            10. Yes, there is a referee shortage. I have refereed back-to-back U18B games by myself.
            11. Yes, many old fat guys who referee have a long history with the game. I started playing in 1977. Played college (Div III) in early 80's. Coached 7 years. Starting ninth year as a referee from U10-U19 competitive/rec, Adult, college club, and semi-pro (USPL). One of my sons played on a top 100 national team and played college (Div II).

When a U12 parent tells me that I know nothing about the game, I just smile.

Comment

My 10 year old son was kicked in the neck by an opponent (I don’t blame the opponent, it was unfortunate) and I saw him not breathing well. I ran to him and the ref asked me “what are you doing here in the field?” I don’t want to say here the first thing it came to mind when I heard that.

Comment

Two years ago a home town ref would let the other team foul out players and would then only call the foul IF IT TURNED INTO AN ADVANTAGE. So other team's kids fouls our player. He would let the game continue unless we got a break and then he'd blow the whistle late and make us come back and take a free kick. Did it repeatedly in one game which ended in a tie or a late loss I believe.

Then another incident this year where a kick basically did a red card foul on one of our kids. Ref doesn't blow the whistle on that foul until just as our forward slams the ball into the back of the net. Ref calls off the goal and makes us take a free kick.

Totally BS. I think that refs should not be allowed to ref at the same fields over and over again.

I don't believe in yelling at the refs and I rarely do. But when you see a Ref trying to fix game its just wrong.
                Refs are corrupted and biased at every level. They know who is paying their check. The home team is supposed to get some breaks. What stinks is when the home club refs call it fair and you travel to some of these clubs and the fix is in no doubt. And the more the parents get pissed or pissy, the worse it gets.

Comment

Blow me
                  REALLY. Do you have to be so crude ? Move on to another site that talk's your language. This Forum is not for rudeness. Let's have a clean open disagreement on the Referee's. Personally I think the higher Quality you play the better Referee's your going to get.

Comment

referee

http://flsrc.org/register/become-a-referee/

Comment

90% of refs think it’s American football
                      90 % of the youth players in this country are nothing more than stiffs...

Comment

90 % of the youth players in this country are nothing more than stiffs...
                        We were visiting team at Weston. They had play where attacker was clearly two steps offsides and the linesman was some older dude who had his head up his arse for the home team perhaps and let's it go without raising his flag. Some of our parents hollered offsides and the guy weirded out after making faces back, waving his arms, and doing the finger over the lip thing, and chirping back. I get that refs miss calls but this guy wanted to escalate it because he was pure d'bag and got his feelings hurt by being called out. Refs need to have some thick skin especially if they are incompetent because they will piss parents off and get chirped at. Honestly, some of these guys should not be bothering but they make some extra bucks. I guess you get what you paid for maybe.

Comment

Everyone knows when you play at Weston you’re going to get an unfair game. It’s a privilege to play there in more than one way.

Comment

If the parents are not abiding to the code of conduct card the coach tell him to fix it. Otherwise you kick the coach. Easy fix m8

Comment

Refs from this past weekend were the old guys that lost their jobs when walmart let all the greeters go. JEESUSSSSS what turds.

I'm no expert but these guys didnt seem like they have ever seen a game before. luckily the other teams parents layed into them enough that they had enough and just made BS calls against them.

was nice to be on that end of it for once, but seriously some 60+ year old guys diving into something they have no clue about then taking their frustrations out on some 12 year olds.... and the boomers talk **** about the younger generations???

I realize parents are vile, and there is a shortage of people wanting to ref games, but holy hell is there 0 screening or accountability at all.

Comment

Last season, we watched a coach from Lutz screaming at a referee “you ought to be ashamed of yourself” over an over. The match was delayed because of his screaming. What was the ref’s egregious call? He made one of players take her earrings out. Way to act in front of a bunch of 13 year olds coach!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X