Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a resignation letter from one referee

“Soccer parents: You are absolutely 100% the reason that we have a critical refereeing shortage and games are being cancelled left and right. And you are part of the reason I’m done here.”

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    “Soccer parents: You are absolutely 100% the reason that we have a critical refereeing shortage and games are being cancelled left and right. And you are part of the reason I’m done here.”
    Some of you guys are lazy and disrespectful to children due to your giving a s.hit calls. Those refs deserve to be out of the game. Many of you are good refs and many parents understand refs mistakes.

Comment

Some of you guys are lazy and disrespectful to children due to your giving a s.hit calls. Those refs deserve to be out of the game. Many of you are good refs and many parents understand refs mistakes.
      I totally agree. Parents need to chill on close calls but when refs have their heads up their butts and consistently miss obvious calls or show clear bias calling tight against the visiting team and very different for the home team, parents are going to get pissy. Refs are paid to do a job. I personally don't think it is a hard job if they pay attention and do the right thing. Refs make mistakes but it should not be blatant or pattern.

Comment

Offsides are mind boggling. You have some linesman never call an offsides no matter what and you have others calling everything very close including some not offsides. Offsides is really the toughest thing for linesman. They should not be missing obvious offsides and they should not be calling the close stuff.

Comment

Refs blow

Comment

90% of the parents don't know the rules.

Comment

90% of the parents don't know the rules.
              Not only that but I would bet that 90% of them never played the game ( kickball in school doesn't count)

Comment

The best games I've seen over thee past nine years have been games where the refs interacted with the parent line. Sure, they have no obligation to. But, I noticed parents were calmer if the ref kept it light and was able to remind the parents that ultimately this is about the players.

Comment

Offsides are mind boggling. You have some linesman never call an offsides no matter what and you have others calling everything very close including some not offsides. Offsides is really the toughest thing for linesman. They should not be missing obvious offsides and they should not be calling the close stuff.
                  There is no such thing as “offsides”, but it’s always fun to hear parents screaming from 30-40 yards away that the player was/was not “offsides”.
                  People should read Law 11 in the IFAB Laws of the Game. Heck while they are at it probably should read 9, 12, and 13 as well.
                  Bottom line no one should be yelling at a ref anyway. All you do is embarrass yourself, your kid, and teach them it’s ok to yell at someone when you don’t get your way.

Comment

There is no such thing as “offsides”, but it’s always fun to hear parents screaming from 30-40 yards away that the player was/was not “offsides”.
                    People should read Law 11 in the IFAB Laws of the Game. Heck while they are at it probably should read 9, 12, and 13 as well.
                    Bottom line no one should be yelling at a ref anyway. All you do is embarrass yourself, your kid, and teach them it’s ok to yell at someone when you don’t get your way.
                    Here, for the lazy parents.

https://img.fifa.com/image/upload/kh...gyna8juxw3.pdf

Comment

Not only that but I would bet that 90% of them never played the game ( kickball in school doesn't count)
                      That's too kind. Roughly, 99.1 % is accurate. Send it! Offside! No Slide-tackling is allowed!

Comment

Semantics. Refs get too cute with the rule or ignore it all together if they even understand it themselves. Bad or not calls change the games.

Comment

I love when idiots point out that that is not the "official' name trying to show superiority. here's one for your arsenal - There is no rule against "dangerous play" the rule is against "Playing in a dangerous manner"

Comment

There has never been a game where my kids team did not have a ref. What ref shortage are you talking about?

Ref's need to suck it up and make the right calls. Parents pay for the priviledge of yelling at refs over bad calls and its not going to stop.

Comment

This is outdated. There have been significant changes for the 2019-2020 season.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X