X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Girls Attack

https://www.wfsb.com/news/torrington...72454211a.html

Anyone witness it? Sounds hard to believe...from no one being thrown out to the coach congratulating the attack. Anyone?

High school refs are the absolute worst. Too scared to “make a call that late in the game that could influence it”. That’s a direct quote from one of those cowards. So they’ll allow the defenders to foul any player with a scoring opportunity. It’s habitual. It’s horrible.

I am waiting for the footage to come out. Hard to believe nobody was filming.

Comment

Seriously, this shouldnt surprise anyone. I just wish the next time something like this happens it happens to a kid of a powerful attorney who then sues the ref association and the CIAC for the lack of qualifications of referees. Open book “test”, no knowledge needed. Any other industry would lose their shirt in a lawsuit.

Comment

Is anyone surprised? Society in decline.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Anyone witness it? Sounds hard to believe...from no one being thrown out to the coach congratulating the attack. Anyone?
          Seems like this woman’s daughter got a good ass whipping. Doesn’t say her little Mia did to deserve it, I am sure she wasn’t 100 percent innocent.

Maybe Torrington could play staples.... that would be fun

Comment

Seems like this woman’s daughter got a good ass whipping. Doesn’t say her little Mia did to deserve it, I am sure she wasn’t 100 percent innocent.

Staples is a cheater school the entire athletic department should be investigated.

Comment

Don’t mess with Derby.

Comment

High school refs are the absolute worst. Too scared to “make a call that late in the game that could influence it”. That’s a direct quote from one of those cowards. So they’ll allow the defenders to foul any player with a scoring opportunity. It’s habitual. It’s horrible.

I am waiting for the footage to come out. Hard to believe nobody was filming.
                what do expect for finding a real ref who is retired or unemployed to work a game at 2:00 in the afternoon. The better refs have real day jobs

Comment

what do expect for finding a real ref who is retired or unemployed to work a game at 2:00 in the afternoon. The better refs have real day jobs
                  True, because they're also under the age of 60 and haven't retired yet! I see a lot of gray haired refs at HS games who can't even run to keep up with the line of play. I'm not even sure paying them more would help. A shortage is a shortage. More young refs are dropping out because they are sick and tired of ref abuse by club parents and coaches. it just waterfalls down the road.

Comment

Last I checked the rules of the game doesn't including ass whipping.

No doubt there's video. Someone is always taping something these days. The offending school should have to forfeit the next game - it's a bad idea for the two team to play again.

Comment

Last I checked the rules of the game doesn't including ass whipping.

No doubt there's video. Someone is always taping something these days. The offending school should have to forfeit the next game - it's a bad idea for the two team to play again.
                      So you checked the rules of the game? Do the rules include the offending team forfeiting the next game? Or are you just adding that to the rules that you read? Just curious.

Comment

So you checked the rules of the game? Do the rules include the offending team forfeiting the next game? Or are you just adding that to the rules that you read? Just curious.
                        Beating up an opponent definitely not in anyone's rule book except maybe cage matches. CIAC rules are not rules of the game but rules of conduct for all HS teams. They can decide on any punishment towards the team or coach. Curious if the offending players received any punishment like suspensions from future games?

Comment

White girl problems

Comment

If that's my kid and the coach high fives that garbage for everyone to see, he'd have a lot more to worry about than a possible forfeit.

Comment

If that's my kid and the coach high fives that garbage for everyone to see, he'd have a lot more to worry about than a possible forfeit.
                              Wow, you sound really tough.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X