Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Washington

Notices

Washington Discussions about Washington soccer.

Old 09-30-2019
Unregistered

Default Most Progressive Coaches in Washington

It occurred to me that it would be useful to know who are the most progressive and innovative coaches in Washington. I have heard great things about Aaron Byers at MIFC, Joe Campos at Eagleclaw FC and Scott Nelson at Nortac. I hear a lot about their methods and philosophies, but most other coaches are talked about in terms of wins or other soft criteria like being nice or fun. Anyone agree these three are the most progressive coaches in Washington? Who else out there is doing progressive/innovative coaching work? What are they doing? Where are they doing it at?
Old 09-30-2019
Unregistered

May want to read the 5 coaches thread, the consensus is that the list of good coaches is embarrassingly short.
Old 09-30-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
May want to read the 5 coaches thread, the consensus is that the list of good coaches is embarrassingly short.
OK, that's funny. I was just on that thread, got tired of seeing the lists of "my favorite coaches at my favorite club" and thought to ask a better question that might provide more valuable information. "Embarrasingly short" is quite an indictment.
Old 10-01-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
It occurred to me that it would be useful to know who are the most progressive and innovative coaches in Washington. I have heard great things about Aaron Byers at MIFC, Joe Campos at Eagleclaw FC and Scott Nelson at Nortac. I hear a lot about their methods and philosophies, but most other coaches are talked about in terms of wins or other soft criteria like being nice or fun. Anyone agree these three are the most progressive coaches in Washington? Who else out there is doing progressive/innovative coaching work? What are they doing? Where are they doing it at?
You are saying you heard these three were the most progressive coaches, have you had your dd/ds play for these coaches?

Can you point to a single professional soccer player that any of these three have developed?

This is a dumb list. But I guess your post is about progressive and innovative vs good.
Old 10-01-2019
Unregistered

Love how Eagle Claw starts it's own threads about itself.

Nice post Joe.
Old 10-01-2019
Unregistered

I feel you don't need some radical unorthodox method of coaching to be good. Keep it simple, keep it old school. There is no magic pill or secret formula, coach directly and coach with passion.

Non are progressive enough. They are all straight white cis males. We need an albino - black mixed, Monoamorous, male to female back to male transgender coach.
Old 10-01-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
I feel you don't need some radical unorthodox method of coaching to be good. Keep it simple, keep it old school. There is no magic pill or secret formula, coach directly and coach with passion.

Non are progressive enough. They are all straight white cis males. We need an albino - black mixed, Monoamorous, male to female back to male transgender coach.
Someone is a jerk.
Old 10-01-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Love how Eagle Claw starts it's own threads about itself.

Nice post Joe.
Hahaha, the same crossed my mind. I will credit Eagle Claw for trying to be different. I don't think they have enough kids to fill up most of their rosters and IMO most kids that do choose Eagle Claw seem to be B/C team or Rec level talent which isn't a knock on the kids or the club.

I would send my kids there for the experience and enjoyment of soccer. However my dd/ds want to play against the best and dream of playing College and above. So my kids play for a larger club where it's just a sh** show with politics, poo flinging, and angry parents who lambaste the coaches and act as it's the end of the world after the 1-0 loss.

But mostly my kids are oblivious to the carrying on of the parents and are having fun playing soccer.

Kids should enjoy their childhood and look forward to going to soccer practice. Choose the best for your kids and don't make it suck. To each is own.
Old 10-04-2019
Unregistered

Anwar Wilson. Hands down best and most progressive Coach around.
Old 10-04-2019
Unregistered

Who is Anwar Wilson and where does he/she coach? What makes them progressive or a great soccer coach-educator?