Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And the obsessive, echolalic rant continues....yeah, the league and level of competition, and the quality of teammates only matter when you say they do...like usually....except when you don't (and the flip-flopping and why are always crystal clear in terms of your crap).
    Did everyone know that the owner of this site is affiliated with the Stars and a huge supporter of the ECNL or ya'll spending boatloads of money on soccer.

Comment

Did everyone know that the owner of this site is affiliated with the Stars and a huge supporter of the ECNL or ya'll spending boatloads of money on soccer.
      Have you thanked the owner for providing this site that you've lived off of to boost your fragile ego for almost 15 years?

Comment

The league DOES NOT MAKE the player, the player makes the league. If a kid has the level of talent and proper motivation they don't need a league. College coaches will find them. Ever see the movie "trouble with the curve"? Funny how in other sports talent seems to get found but in soccer we have people convincing us that we need to spend tens of thousands to position our kids to be found. The only ones that need to worry about that are the ones with borderline talent.
        ie the vast majority. Hence the business model

Comment

ie the vast majority. Hence the business model
          Does anyone out there finance there ECNL tuition?
          Second mortgage?

Comment

I have a question a 2022 dd. We are from OOS. DD is a full time starter on a solid ECNL team. GPA is 4.25 and PSAT is 1310. Before the new recruiting changes she has 4 academic D3 schools reach out and 2 mid-tier D1s encouraging her to update them her schedule. We have only begun to discuss what she thinks she wants out of a college. Our budget is $25k/yr for everything with or without soccer. Our income is over over 200k but we have 5 children. 1 already in college and another one that will start next year. This qualifies her for our flagship state school but she would not be able to play soccer there. Can someone recommend and D3 schools whose academic merit based on her stats could get her to $25k? Open to NAIA, D1 or D2 too. Also, if you’re not a superstar D1 impact player but definitely a contributor, what is a common percentage of athletic/academic one could expect for D1. D2, or NAIA? Plays CB/OB.
            Honestly you are looking at a pretty steep uphill climb if you are looking to get a kid into a bragging worthy college for on $25K. Having a couple of kids in college will definitely help with the FAFSA but with tuitions at most schools around here coming in around $75K that is a pretty big gap to close. When you do your research I think you'll find that there are not many realistic options in the NAIA. Though most are very affordable, in general they are mostly in the Midwest, West or down South and most are really specialty type situations (ie religious, gender specific or previously race specific) that might not fit every kid and their family. The only local NAIA school is Fisher and that doesn't seem to be the type of school you are looking for. I personally think that D2 has many more attractive option than is given credit around here. For example University of California--San Diego is ranked #37 in National Universities and locally Bentley is ranked #2 in Regional Universities North by USNews. In terms of finding the right financial fit I think that you will find that generally tuitions are a lot less down south and in the Midwest. For example the University of Tampa has a pretty good soccer program with a total cost of attendance around $43K whereas Bentley is roughly around $70K. I would imagine that you could easily reach your goal at Tampa just with FA. Though it's not the highest rated, if your kid wants to stay local I know several families that have been able to get sizable funding from Assumption college out in Worcester. If you dig a bit you can find what you are looking for but you probably are going to sacrifice somewhat on the bragging rights.

Comment

Have you thanked the owner for providing this site that you've lived off of to boost your fragile ego for almost 15 years?
              Why, he allows this cesspool to function, his house should be egged instead.

Comment

Honestly you are looking at a pretty steep uphill climb if you are looking to get a kid into a bragging worthy college for on $25K. Having a couple of kids in college will definitely help with the FAFSA but with tuitions at most schools around here coming in around $75K that is a pretty big gap to close. When you do your research I think you'll find that there are not many realistic options in the NAIA. Though most are very affordable, in general they are mostly in the Midwest, West or down South and most are really specialty type situations (ie religious, gender specific or previously race specific) that might not fit every kid and their family. The only local NAIA school is Fisher and that doesn't seem to be the type of school you are looking for. I personally think that D2 has many more attractive option than is given credit around here. For example University of California--San Diego is ranked #37 in National Universities and locally Bentley is ranked #2 in Regional Universities North by USNews. In terms of finding the right financial fit I think that you will find that generally tuitions are a lot less down south and in the Midwest. For example the University of Tampa has a pretty good soccer program with a total cost of attendance around $43K whereas Bentley is roughly around $70K. I would imagine that you could easily reach your goal at Tampa just with FA. Though it's not the highest rated, if your kid wants to stay local I know several families that have been able to get sizable funding from Assumption college out in Worcester. If you dig a bit you can find what you are looking for but you probably are going to sacrifice somewhat on the bragging rights.
                Bragging rights are overrated. Agree about Bentley. Also, you may want to have a discussion on whether or not playing college soccer is for her if it meant you could attend your flagship school without the soccer piece.

Comment

Wow. You waited longer than usual to answer your own thread.

Comment

Why, he allows this cesspool to function, his house should be egged instead.
                    How would you have survived without it?

Comment

Wow. You waited longer than usual to answer your own thread.
                      Please stop. Don't know who you think started this thread and who just answered it but they are not the same. Let's just have a discussion without all of you usual BS.

Comment

BTNT, go do yourself. And have a few more pizzas.

Comment

Bragging rights are overrated. Agree about Bentley. Also, you may want to have a discussion on whether or not playing college soccer is for her if it meant you could attend your flagship school without the soccer piece.
                          That discussion should happen well before recruiting ramps up as well as during it. If you can't imagine yourself at a school without soccer keep looking. The odds you play all 4 years are not good.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X