Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacksonville girls soccer dominating

Armada and Fesa’s oldest 3 ECNL age groups are a combined 4-22-1.

4 wins across two clubs in the 16, 17, 18/19 combined.

Jax bringing the heat. Strong showing.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Yet many of those players are committed to play college soccer.

Comment

Link?

Comment

"Many" would be a stretch. I guess it's all relative. Definitely, a few diamonds in the rough, but as noted from records of top teams, too few.

Comment

Where can I find a list?

Comment

Where can I find a list?
            Give me a minute to find it. I know FESA has UNC, UF, and FSU commits on oldest team.

Comment

Where can I find a list?
              I saw 4 commitments for 2019 class on Armada website.

7 commitments for the 2020 class on Armada website.

Not bad.

Comment

I think what you meant to say was:

Yet.....A FEW....of those players are committed to play college soccer.

Comment

"Many" would be a stretch. I guess it's all relative. Definitely, a few diamonds in the rough, but as noted from records of top teams, too few.
                  Level of coaching in Jacksonville is the lowest in the state. The clubs there exist to provide a living for a bunch of hacks in gym shorts spouting all the latest soccer terminology. They are businesses not soccer development centers. Players that have got to a high level have done so through natural talent and extra training time on their own. Results don’t lie. Coaches are responsible for results.

Comment

Jax is the worst example of "for profit" youth travel soccer. These clubs are pumping "fun" to achieve numbers and make money so their leaders can bang down some huge coin. Allegedly Bubb is pulling down 200K. The top teams are littered with soft, non-athletic players with some technical ability spawned by type A competitive parents who believe their kids deserve the best because, well, because they are their kids and they are the paying customer. The talent ID and development at young ages is horrendous. The before mentioned kids lock up spots on top teams like tenured professors as long as parents are able and willing to keep paying. If you follow FESAs incessant social-media marketing efforts to portray them as some leading, successful club all the while losing ECNL, it would make you barf. Country club, suburban parents buying their soft kids to soccer greatness.

Comment

Jax is the worst example of "for profit" youth travel soccer. These clubs are pumping "fun" to achieve numbers and make money so their leaders can bang down some huge coin. Allegedly Bubb is pulling down 200K. The top teams are littered with soft, non-athletic players with some technical ability spawned by type A competitive parents who believe their kids deserve the best because, well, because they are their kids and they are the paying customer. The talent ID and development at young ages is horrendous. The before mentioned kids lock up spots on top teams like tenured professors as long as parents are able and willing to keep paying. If you follow FESAs incessant social-media marketing efforts to portray them as some leading, successful club all the while losing ECNL, it would make you barf. Country club, suburban parents buying their soft kids to soccer greatness.
                      Mic.
                      Fvcking.
                      Drop.

Fantastically stated.

Comment

Level of coaching in Jacksonville is the lowest in the state. The clubs there exist to provide a living for a bunch of hacks in gym shorts spouting all the latest soccer terminology. They are businesses not soccer development centers. Players that have got to a high level have done so through natural talent and extra training time on their own. Results don’t lie. Coaches are responsible for results.
                        Parents are stupid. Kids are lazy. Pathway is corrupt. FYI, all my teams win.

Comment

Mic.
                          Fvcking.
                          Drop.

Fantastically stated.
                          Please run for executive director! Change the system? I thought so. Easier to bitch on TS.

Comment

Who are you to judge? Jacksonville is doing better than most area in Florida. Do you watch the top teams at FESA, Armada and Clay? Also at ecnl tryouts it’s almost mandatory that coaches relegate their bench players down at FESA. FESA is much newer to ECNL girls than Armada and had many teams above Armada in the ECNL southeast standings. Four FESA ecnl teams qualified for national championships.

Comment

Who are you to judge? Jacksonville is doing better than most area in Florida. Do you watch the top teams at FESA, Armada and Clay? Also at ecnl tryouts it’s almost mandatory that coaches relegate their bench players down at FESA. FESA is much newer to ECNL girls than Armada and had many teams above Armada in the ECNL southeast standings. Four FESA ecnl teams qualified for national championships.
                              What area is Jacksonville doing better than, exactly? What metric are using to define "better?"

Both Central Florida clubs, OC and FKK, are more successful using the metrics of W/L and college commitments.

SW Florida, TBU and WFF, also better....although, WFF obviously have their problems.

SE Florida, Sunrise Prime and Weston, also better. Both Clubs look to have strong teams and could be the best in the SE US in a couple age groups.

I guess, maybe, Jacksonville is doing better then...The panhandle? Congrats.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X