Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Last year our player made JV in 6th grade, some odd MIAA rule, & really enjoyed it...she is having fun this year also. FUN, bottom line at this level! She'd rather practice with her club, & that actually takes priority over JV practice if there is a conflict, even our player is keen to the better coaching. However, that does not take away the value of our player's JV experience & the time her JV coach puts in. Us, as parents, tend to criticize the coach at times, but no one on the sidelines steps up. My wife & I are very grateful that the JV coach has signed on & that there was a committment last year as well. I attend all games & practices & I can tell you there is much laughter. The girls are developing, kinda slowly, lol! But that's ok. Again, there is much Laughter! Bonding. Good memories for the girls. I think the coach is a success. Some of these girls will definitely move up to varsity when the time is right, it most likely will be a result of additional training from what JV offers, but again, that's ok. As far as I'm concerned, kids are "connected" way to much nowadays & anything that gets them out of the house, off their phones, exercising, & socializing FACE TO FACE in real time, real person, is a winner! Thanks Coach!
    Sounds like they’re a bit too “connected” to you.
    “I attend all games and practices”

There should be no laughter at a well run session...

Comment

tis to laugh

Sounds like they’re a bit too “connected” to you.
      “I attend all games and practices”

no laughter, eh? you are too funny yourself, Gestapo coach! maybe you should add a little more happiness to your life. my girl is 12 & im going to make EVERY game & practice i can while they are here, she tells me that many of her team mates wished their dads attended. of course i didnt say i PARTICIPATE in all games & practices, i watch from a distance, its the coaches job to train, no i. lifes too short my friend, so hopefully our children will keep on laughing & having fun at practice & playing the beautiful game! we're not disillusioned, we are just here to have fun! today

Comment

Insanity.

Comment

But there should be a standard requirement to coach h.s.
          There is.

Comment

no laughter, eh? you are too funny yourself, Gestapo coach! maybe you should add a little more happiness to your life. my girl is 12 & im going to make EVERY game & practice i can while they are here, she tells me that many of her team mates wished their dads attended. of course i didnt say i PARTICIPATE in all games & practices, i watch from a distance, its the coaches job to train, no i. lifes too short my friend, so hopefully our children will keep on laughing & having fun at practice & playing the beautiful game! we're not disillusioned, we are just here to have fun! today
            Gestapo?
            That’s racist.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X