HS Soccer Sucks!!

Gooooo!!!!!

Counter point: some of the kids enjoy it

Comment

Don't go. Do us all a favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Gooooo!!!!!
        Agreed however most college soccer is not much better. When my kid played premier, their team was pretty good and played excellent soccer, good team chemistry and ball movement. Of course they were mostly together from u12 thru i18. Having watched his high school team and now college team play, it is a bunch of kick ball where the only purpose of the midfielders is to challenge the punt from the opposing keeper. There is no midfield play at all. College is worse because every year it seems that 6-8 players change resulting in absolutely zero team chemistry. It is all about who can chase down the long ball the fastest and who can run like a nut job aimlessly around the pitch for 90. My kids college team hasn’t strung more than 3 consecutive passes in any possession.

Comment

Agreed however most college soccer is not much better. When my kid played premier, their team was pretty good and played excellent soccer, good team chemistry and ball movement. Of course they were mostly together from u12 thru i18. Having watched his high school team and now college team play, it is a bunch of kick ball where the only purpose of the midfielders is to challenge the punt from the opposing keeper. There is no midfield play at all. College is worse because every year it seems that 6-8 players change resulting in absolutely zero team chemistry. It is all about who can chase down the long ball the fastest and who can run like a nut job aimlessly around the pitch for 90. My kids college team hasn’t strung more than 3 consecutive passes in any possession.
          Wow, I think your kid goes to my kid's school ...... coach over-infatuated with terrible players that he thinks are fast.

Comment

Wow, I think your kid goes to my kid's school ...... coach over-infatuated with terrible players that he thinks are fast.
            Boot it to the track star up top

Comment

Boot it to the track star up top
              If your kid can run fast and for a long time and all over the place challenging every ball, then there is a spot on any college team from him/her

Comment

That's the ECNL way...

Comment

Cue the soccer snob who think every team sucks. Got it. I’ve seen many a college game on the men’s side and can’t remember the last time they punted the ball. Either you’re lying or your son’s team really stinks.

Comment

That's the ECNL way...
                    Endicott must really play the beautiful game with all these elite Oakwood players

Comment

Endicott must really play the beautiful game with all these elite Oakwood players
                      Yeah giving up HS is so worth it!

Comment

If your kid can run fast and for a long time and all over the place challenging every ball, then there is a spot on any college team from him/her
                        That will get you all American in hs and a free ride at UConn

Comment

That will get you all American in hs and a free ride at UConn
                          whats wrong with that?

athletic genes for the next generation, a good story for parties and a free education

Comment

Actually HS soccer is up while youth soccer is down (significantly). Too much money and early burnout in club soccer is killing the sport in the younger ages. Kids just want to play with their friends and for their school / community. It's really pretty simple.

"Among boys sports, soccer registered the largest gain with 6,128 additional participants. Other boys sports with sizeable gains were cross country (3,824), volleyball (3,767) and golf (2,558)."

At least soccer is hanging with cc and volleyball and golf?

https://www.nfhs.org/articles/high-s...secutive-year/

Comment

HS soccer = waste of time for elite level players. DA kids are going to be so far ahead of everyone else.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X