Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    BC recent GK recruitment went belly up. Not to put this L one or two players but no way do I commit to any GK in 9’th grade. Insane to think all the participant trophy’s pan out in that position or my back line.

BC is entering a rebuilding year or two. ACC will change somewhat next few years with some underdogs stepping up. IMHO
    All of it is a crap shoot. If you are picking a kid for any position that young and see that they continue to develop and train (a lot of coaches go to club practices to watch trainings) and see continuing progression, then why not be happy. But when kids peak or max out and some do, the coach needs to reconsider.

It is not good for the rest of the team that you are trying to build when you slip in kids that aren't there skills and/or iq.

Comment

i agree, but top level GKs will do something that opens your eyes to the fact that they are very good. She did some head scratching things in the game and MM had been starting recent games. Seems that the coach is not sold either. If he was, he would be getting the rookie every minute of experience he could. MM was starting games when they still had a chance to make the tournaments.
      I agree. They both make head scratching errors. Neither one is a presence on the field. I don't see any coach planning around either of them as far as strategy. Top level GKs get that kind of cred. That said, the forwards did score on LI. So there is something to build off of.

Comment

I agree. They both make head scratching errors. Neither one is a presence on the field. I don't see any coach planning around either of them as far as strategy. Top level GKs get that kind of cred. That said, the forwards did score on LI. So there is something to build off of.
        Dumpster fire in Providence. Providence ranked 3rd in preseason and does not look like they are going to make playoffs.

Comment

Dumpster fire in Providence. Providence ranked 3rd in preseason and does not look like they are going to make playoffs.
          Hahaha...all of these teams should trade some players. Make a NE super team.

Comment

shut out 2 games in a row.

Comment

Maybe, but it felt like if UVA kept its best talent in the game, that would not have happened and they could have scored more. The gulf between the two teams was huge. Also build off? it was a senior who scored no? SS was invisible.

Comment

shut out 2 games in a row.
                All due to coaching

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2594414]All due to coaching[/QUOT

plays not to lose instead of playing to win along with questionable rotations

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2594419]
                    All due to coaching[/QUOT

plays not to lose instead of playing to win along with questionable rotations
                    Not sure that made sense

Comment

PC will make playoffs

Comment

PC will make playoffs
                        Ya great job, only two in 10 DONT make it. AND, they still have to beat lowly winless Seton Hall. PC is a smoldering dumpster fire. Let's see who jumps ship after one and done in conf playoffs

Comment

Exactly my point. The most sobering thing from the UVA game is that so many of these kids have grown up playing each other. The kids at UVA looked on a totally different level. Why? its not one or two players, its the majority. BC looked miles off. Now the issue could well be that UVa and say 5 other teams are so much better than everyone else, but even that seems odd. Its not like UVA have internationals playing core roles like FSU or UNC. These are US players who "developed" in the youth ranks at similar clubs and the difference in quality is staggering.
                          That's the issue, most of the kids on UVA have not grown up playing the BC kids. A one off game here or there, but not regularly enough. You don't get better if you aren't seeing that talent.

And since the clubs up here only care about wins and not development, you have kids only playing to win not learning to play.

Comment

Ya great job, only two in 10 DONT make it. AND, they still have to beat lowly winless Seton Hall. PC is a smoldering dumpster fire. Let's see who jumps ship after one and done in conf playoffs
                            What exactly are the steps to take for transferring? Isn't that hard to do.

Comment

i truly hope this dudes kid transfers from PC so this season long rant would end

Comment

i truly hope this dudes kid transfers from PC so this season long rant would end
                                The rant.isnt.from one.person,I don't.have a.kid at.PC, but.from my own experience, and with kids I know.there, the coach is the problem. When that's the case, you either leave, or.get.him out. Leavings easier to.do

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X