Happy with Eastside FC , current coach not coaching

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before everyone runs around saying who the best and worst EFC coaches are. Which is highly subjective. Here are my thoughts.

1) Don't post negative things specifically about a coach with a name. Keep in mind a bad coach today could be a great coach tomorrow. Also these are people making a living and be sensitive to that. Now if you have a specific negative story of abuse of kids or parents or unethical behavior. That's different. Post away. But just because a coach doesn't see eye to eye with your soccer thoughts doesn't mean they are all bad.

2) Same holds true for positive coaches. A good coach today could be a bad coach tomorrow. How many times have you heard a parent say. " I really loved that coach and he was great, I can't believe he slept with that kids mom and ruined their family."

3) Posting a one liner about how my son or daughter likes a coach doesn't help. Please go into further detail. Like style of play, organization of practice, engagement during practices, what thoughts they are giving kids, yeller or not, etc.

3) There are many definitions of good and great. There are really nice coaches out there that are great people and great at organizing practice and the kids really respond to. But teach the worst soccer imaginable. The opposite is true that there are coaches that seem checked out and disorganized but when they speak to your kid they are speaking soccer brilliance and your the team is playing great world class soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If you background checked most of the coaches their claims would be bogus . You as a parent should actually thoroughly background check every coach . I personally know of one that claimed to play for a premier league clubs youth team and claims to hold certain licensing and I knew full well it was a bogus claim. Parents are falling over themselves to pay him for private lessons without a shred of truth in his claims . Everything he knows came from YouTube and a bogus college course that is just a front to get a work permit .
      Oh man I can just see this parent running around with background check reports filing them with club directors if you see one discrepancy. What do you actually do with the reports. Do you have a threshold for what you complain about. If you see an arrest do you pull your kid, False degree? Speeding ticket. Are you only looking for a registered offenders. Are you background checking all guest coaches? All coaches at the club? the director? Anyone who has contact with your kids. Chaperones, other parents etc.. The online background check company you use must love you. Do you background check all your teachers over the years as well. People at your church, Parent volunteers. etc.

You seem a bit neurotic. Yes there are bad people in the world. Typically you can't catch them until they do something to you and have a record and then they are easy to spot. It's the ones you don't see that will get you and no amount of background checking will help.

Comment

Before everyone runs around saying who the best and worst EFC coaches are. Which is highly subjective. Here are my thoughts.

1) Don't post negative things specifically about a coach with a name. Keep in mind a bad coach today could be a great coach tomorrow. Also these are people making a living and be sensitive to that. Now if you have a specific negative story of abuse of kids or parents or unethical behavior. That's different. Post away. But just because a coach doesn't see eye to eye with your soccer thoughts doesn't mean they are all bad.

2) Same holds true for positive coaches. A good coach today could be a bad coach tomorrow. How many times have you heard a parent say. " I really loved that coach and he was great, I can't believe he slept with that kids mom and ruined their family."

3) Posting a one liner about how my son or daughter likes a coach doesn't help. Please go into further detail. Like style of play, organization of practice, engagement during practices, what thoughts they are giving kids, yeller or not, etc.

3) There are many definitions of good and great. There are really nice coaches out there that are great people and great at organizing practice and the kids really respond to. But teach the worst soccer imaginable. The opposite is true that there are coaches that seem checked out and disorganized but when they speak to your kid they are speaking soccer brilliance and your the team is playing great world class soccer.
        Great comment. I have two kids who had the same coach at different times: brilliant coach for one child, disaster for the other because of team circumstances/level, kids' personalities etc

I'm all for sharing specifics on really bad coaching though: yelling, degrading behavior, name calling, racism/sexism, passive aggressive attitude -- it's all out there.

Comment

Sir you are obsessed. You are repeatedly posting the same things degrading Clubs, Parents and Coaches on every single thread. Take your negativity somewhere else.

BACK ON TOPIC

Both my daughters have had great experiences with Ozzy over the last few years. He is very charasmatic and seems invested in all the kids he works with. Maybe its just the female side but we have been hugely impressed since making the move to Eastside FC.
          Sorry to tell you but this is the first time I have posted on this forum . Not my problem you spend a lot of time on a nameless site replying to yourself .

Comment

Oh man I can just see this parent running around with background check reports filing them with club directors if you see one discrepancy. What do you actually do with the reports. Do you have a threshold for what you complain about. If you see an arrest do you pull your kid, False degree? Speeding ticket. Are you only looking for a registered offenders. Are you background checking all guest coaches? All coaches at the club? the director? Anyone who has contact with your kids. Chaperones, other parents etc.. The online background check company you use must love you. Do you background check all your teachers over the years as well. People at your church, Parent volunteers. etc.

You seem a bit neurotic. Yes there are bad people in the world. Typically you can't catch them until they do something to you and have a record and then they are easy to spot. It's the ones you don't see that will get you and no amount of background checking will help.
            Quite clearly I meant background checking their credentials . If you are going to pay a lot of money for a service you don’t just go with the first guy that says he is awesome at what he does ? The only way I could think that this would be a problem is if a coach (could be you ) would have something to hide ! When I recruit for my business I don’t just read the resume I actually follow up on it .

Comment

Sorry to tell you but this is the first time I have posted on this forum . Not my problem you spend a lot of time on a nameless site replying to yourself .
              Ha! Now that is funny stuff. Nice try.

Comment

Ha! Now that is funny stuff. Nice try.
                Come on coach, shouldn’t you be typing up your new resume (without the lies ).

Comment

Come on coach, shouldn’t you be typing up your new resume (without the lies ).
                  Like previously stated. You are completely obsessed.

The fact you believe coaches waste their time with aggresive trollers like yourself on a soccer forum is slightly concerning.

Comment

Exposing liars and thief’s is trolling ? You are scared that you will be exposed .

Comment

The fact you believe coaches waste their time with aggresive trollers like yourself on a soccer forum is slightly concerning.
                      I don’t want any part of you twos bitching fest, but why would you be against checking on a coaches credentials ?

Comment

LMAO True. Only us parents are obsessed enough to troll youth soccer forums while toiling away in middle class jobs avoiding the next boring meeting.

Comment

Quite clearly I meant background checking their credentials . If you are going to pay a lot of money for a service you don’t just go with the first guy that says he is awesome at what he does ? The only way I could think that this would be a problem is if a coach (could be you ) would have something to hide ! When I recruit for my business I don’t just read the resume I actually follow up on it .
                          I an not sure you were that clear with the following statement.

You as a parent should actually thoroughly background check every coach
                          The word thoroughly led me to type up my response that you did not just mean credentials. But yes I do agree with you. Almost all resumes are partially fabricated. Coaches are no different. If you recruit for your business then you should know that well. What I really care about is if they are teaching my kid good soccer in a positive competitive manner. Credentials and ex player status don't always make good coaches. Maybe lieing a bit on the resume has to be done for good coaches with no experience to get hired. Not excusing it just playing devil's advocate.

Comment

I an not sure you were that clear with the following statement.

What I really care about is if they are teaching my kid good soccer in a positive competitive manner. Credentials and ex player status don't always make good coaches. Maybe lieing a bit on the resume has to be done for good coaches with no experience to get hired. Not excusing it just playing devil's advocate.
                            Yes true . They can get away with it at a very low level premier club but once the levels go up they get found out . It’s very easy to put on a few drills and have a lesson plan, it’s a whole different thing to implement tactics and formations to the best ability of your team .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X