Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wouldn’t have mattered, because no team in A would have challenged them either.
    It would have mattered to all the other teams in class b. Just dumb to have them in that group.

Comment

It would have mattered to all the other teams in class b. Just dumb to have them in that group.
      Well it would matter to the Class A teams too. Why do they matter less? It would be dumb no matter which tournament they played in. It is what it is. They are simply at a very different level. No sense anyone crying about it.

Comment

I’ll 2019

Where does concord academy fall in this?

Comment

when do the awards come out such as all-isl and stuff like that?

Comment

Where does concord academy fall in this?
            Concord academy is class C

Comment

Wouldn’t have mattered, because no team in A would have challenged them either.
              well, why don't they find out? Riiight. thought so.

Comment

Isl 2019

Concord academy is class C
                Did they win their league? Looking at this school for my son so curious.

Comment

They won their league, but the league is terrible.

Comment

well, why don't they find out? Riiight. thought so.
                    Not sure I’m following. Are you suggesting they wouldn’t win class A? This year’s team was playing at a much higher level than any NEPSAC team. They play a bunch of class A trans and kill them all.

Comment

Not sure I’m following. Are you suggesting they wouldn’t win class A? This year’s team was playing at a much higher level than any NEPSAC team. They play a bunch of class A trans and kill them all.
                      I'm saying they should put their money where their mouth is (for years) and join class A. It's not just one year's team you can hype about. If that's the case Berkshire had a great team last year, Milton in 2015 etc..

Comment

I'm saying they should put their money where their mouth is (for years) and join class A. It's not just one year's team you can hype about. If that's the case Berkshire had a great team last year, Milton in 2015 etc..
                        Fair enough. I agree with that. If I was Owen I would play Class A.

Comment

You don't go to CA for the sports. They just don't focus on that as a school and their teams, both boys and girls, are pretty bad. Fun for the kids playing though. Super stars are going to be frustrated playing on those teams though.

Comment

CA is not in the ISL, and is Class C - this might be the wrong thread for your questions.

My (limited) take on a Class C - they can be fantastic schools. However they are smaller schools, and as a result its hard for them to field super competitive teams, esp compared to the larger Class A and B schools. When you have a limited number of students in a grade, co-ed, you get spread pretty thin, pretty quickly. All that said - it can be an amazing experience. Great education, tight knot community and faculty, great teammates, etc. Just not the top of the top in terms of facilities and competition. All depends what you are looking for.

Maybe take a look at Middlesex for a comparison, Class B, right down the road. And if you really want a Class A comparison, go check out Loomis or NMH. They look like small colleges!

I looked up the CA enrollment as I dont know much about them - 378 - larger than I thought, that seemed high for class C - athletics may not be as much of a priority. Thats more students than Brooks, Groton, St Marks etc.. Holderness is 275

Good luck w your choice. A lot of great options in the area.

Comment

CA is not in the ISL, and is Class C - this might be the wrong thread for your questions.

My (limited) take on a Class C - they can be fantastic schools. However they are smaller schools, and as a result its hard for them to field super competitive teams, esp compared to the larger Class A and B schools. When you have a limited number of students in a grade, co-ed, you get spread pretty thin, pretty quickly. All that said - it can be an amazing experience. Great education, tight knot community and faculty, great teammates, etc. Just not the top of the top in terms of facilities and competition. All depends what you are looking for.

Maybe take a look at Middlesex for a comparison, Class B, right down the road. And if you really want a Class A comparison, go check out Loomis or NMH. They look like small colleges!

I looked up the CA enrollment as I dont know much about them - 378 - larger than I thought, that seemed high for class C - athletics may not be as much of a priority. Thats more students than Brooks, Groton, St Marks etc.. Holderness is 275

CA is an artsy, bohemian kind of place. If that's your speed, go for it. They've upgraded their athletic facilities recently, but sports won't be a priority there.

Comment

Enrollment may be 378, but it is co-ed, so that means you are talking about 180-190 boys. That would put them in Class C. The schools in that size category generally are too small to actively recruit for athletes, and certainly cant field full teams of recruits (like, for example, Milton or South Kent). So as a result the overall quality is below the Class B teams (which are at least big enough to mix in multiple recruits) or the Class A teams (which can and sometimes do have full squads of recruited players). At the same time, there are some great players who play in Class C. Concord this year featured a kid who is playing at a D1 Ivy next year, and last year there was a Class C player who has gone on to play at Stanford. But for both it was likely their club experience that got them there, not their HS team. Although, I am guessing they both loved the HS experience.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X