Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North East Girls Development League (NEGDL)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nothing that involves Girls soccer and Oakwood is elite or could ever be labeled as a "powerhouse"
    Ugly moms

Comment

I don't have a kid. I coach and the only reason I do that is for the mommies!
      You don’t have kids because you like guys. Did you know that guys can’t get pregnant?

Comment

Nothing that involves Girls soccer and Oakwood is elite or could ever be labeled as a "powerhouse"
        Just as long as CFC is around, Oakwood will be okay

Comment

Actually, these teams are pretty strong. This could be a powerhouse league of elite talent.

Most of these teams are top 1-2-3-4-5 in their states/region.

Gonna keep tabs on this league, has a lot of promise I think as long as they don't let in mediocrity.

The travel looks a bit harsh, but to play only the better teams that is what is required.
          anything is better than playing in the CCSL!!!!

Comment

Actually, these teams are pretty strong. This could be a powerhouse league of elite talent.

Most of these teams are top 1-2-3-4-5 in their states/region.

Gonna keep tabs on this league, has a lot of promise I think as long as they don't let in mediocrity.

The travel looks a bit harsh, but to play only the better teams that is what is required.
            It’s a 10 game schedule with few weekends with Saturday/ Sunday play to reduce travel . So basically it’s 3 or 4 weekends with away games and probably 2 worst case 3 will require an overnight stay so not horrible.

Comment

Boys DA just dropped u12 to avoid this kind of travel. Lets see how long the girls can keep it up.
              BDA will drop U13 next year.

Comment

For us the schedule is fairly robust so we may end up doing one or two less tournaments. For clubs transitioning to DA where gotsoccer rankings do not matter, jamming in tournaments is less important, anyway. As it stands we have to plan for only one night in a hotel due to travel.

Comment

New Pre DA League

This league looks amazing! Good teams, good clubs, good schedule. A little travel, but that is all good really, kids like overnights from time to time, especially the girls.

Really excited to be a part of this league.

Comment

This league looks amazing! Good teams, good clubs, good schedule. A little travel, but that is all good really, kids like overnights from time to time, especially the girls.

that's because you don't know what's coming.

Kids at this age don't need to spend their weekends on highways for 70 minute soccer games.

Half the kids making these trips wont be able to keep up with the game at 15 years old. They'll either quit or get drummed out of the club.

These leagues just prey on the wallets of new enthusiastic parents.

My second kid is off to a D1 program so we have a unique perspective about the "business" of youth soccer.

These kids could play in a local league, have friendly games against older teams and challenge themselves with a few out of state big tournaments. Jefferson Cup hosts an entire weekend for younger players. The idea of middle school and younger players deal with travel all over the Northeast is ridiculous.

Comment

Report back to us after you commute 4 hours each way over the Whitestone Bridge to hang 15 goals on FC Fury in a meaningless 9 v 9 game.

It won't be nearly as glamorous to you.

Comment

Report back to us after you commute 4 hours each way over the Whitestone Bridge to hang 15 goals on FC Fury in a meaningless 9 v 9 game.

It won't be nearly as glamorous to you.
                        Even better if your kid plays 15 minutes!

Comment

that's because you don't know what's coming.

Kids at this age don't need to spend their weekends on highways for 70 minute soccer games.

Half the kids making these trips wont be able to keep up with the game at 15 years old. They'll either quit or get drummed out of the club.

These leagues just prey on the wallets of new enthusiastic parents.

My second kid is off to a D1 program so we have a unique perspective about the "business" of youth soccer.

These kids could play in a local league, have friendly games against older teams and challenge themselves with a few out of state big tournaments. Jefferson Cup hosts an entire weekend for younger players. The idea of middle school and younger players deal with travel all over the Northeast is ridiculous.

Agreed the business aspect is huge and is a terrible part. There's no reason any of the team sat this age, whether they be ECNL or DA/GDL, should be driving past great teams just to play farther away but that is the landscape today. Between all of the leagues in the area we could very easily have one excellent league. No reason for SUSA to drive to play FC STars and Fury drive to play NEFC when the two clubs could just play each other.

Comment

Agreed the business aspect is huge and is a terrible part. There's no reason any of the team sat this age, whether they be ECNL or DA/GDL, should be driving past great teams just to play farther away but that is the landscape today. Between all of the leagues in the area we could very easily have one excellent league. No reason for SUSA to drive to play FC STars and Fury drive to play NEFC when the two clubs could just play each other.
                            When they get older (recruiting age), the travel within the conference (ie DA or ECNL) as basically the price of admission. No one likes it or is enthusiastic about it, but it's part of life in the top end leagues.

In U12, puberty hasn't set in so there's really no divide in the players. At U16 Stars, NEFC and others aggregate a huge amount of talent onto a few teams. For this players to play in fast, competitive games against similar talent/skill, they have to travel within the region. That's not the case at U12 regardless of what anyone at Oakwood tells you.

Again, I agree with previous poster about this being the clubs driving this. It kills me that parents think that they have to get their kids into this rat race so early.

Comment

Choice

Parents make choices
                              Clubs make choice
                              Kids make choices
                              God makes choices

Who the living hell are you to rain on our parade of happiness for your momentary moment of dark satisfaction. And I care as much about your kid going to a D1 school as I do listening to you validate your wisdom with it.

As a parent, I'm excited to be a spectator in this potentially awesome league
                              As a child, my daughter is super pumped for the season ahead
                              As a club, they are very proud to have put this together (no additional costs)
                              As a a child of God - if you don't have something nice to say, or constructive, please don't say anything at all. That said, we all know you lack that as you rationalize your point of view, spew your own agenda, and spread your negativity to all that would entertain it, even for a second.

Comment

Parents make choices
                                Clubs make choice
                                Kids make choices
                                God makes choices

Who the living hell are you to rain on our parade of happiness for your momentary moment of dark satisfaction. And I care as much about your kid going to a D1 school as I do listening to you validate your wisdom with it.

As a parent, I'm excited to be a spectator in this potentially awesome league
                                As a child, my daughter is super pumped for the season ahead
                                As a club, they are very proud to have put this together (no additional costs)
                                As a a child of God - if you don't have something nice to say, or constructive, please don't say anything at all. That said, we all know you lack that as you rationalize your point of view, spew your own agenda, and spread your negativity to all that would entertain it, even for a second.
                                Crazy post

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X