Fciac Girls 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a neutral observer, game was one the best high school soccer games I’ve seen in a long time. The one thing I thought St Joes missed, was on all their free kicks and there must have been 10. #11 shoots them all, never serving a ball so a teammate could redirect or head into goal. When shots were on frame, sometimes from 50 yards the Staples goalie either caught or punched away. That might work with a smaller weaker HS goalie, but not with this goalie or at higher levels. Not sure why they didn’t adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Staples are the J-E-T-S .... they will find a way to lose!
      Monkey off Staples back.....relief.

Comment

Jack kept yelling "pass it to JM"
        That was pretty much what happened in the second half. Except that JM is no longer there. SJ kept passing to the same player who tried to take on 3 Staples players at a time. She had open teammates on the wings, who barely touched the ball. This is not sustainable winning formula against good teams like Staples.

Comment

That was pretty much what happened in the second half. Except that JM is no longer there. SJ kept passing to the same player who tried to take on 3 Staples players at a time. She had open teammates on the wings, who barely touched the ball. This is not sustainable winning formula against good teams like Staples.
          The black hole.

Comment

As a neutral observer, game was one the best high school soccer games I’ve seen in a long time. The one thing I thought St Joes missed, was on all their free kicks and there must have been 10. #11 shoots them all, never serving a ball so a teammate could redirect or head into goal. When shots were on frame, sometimes from 50 yards the Staples goalie either caught or punched away. That might work with a smaller weaker HS goalie, but not with this goalie or at higher levels. Not sure why they didn’t adjust.
            I was a neutral observer and have the same view. Staples had 5-6 players who made attempts to score whereas SJ had only one. If #11 gets hurt, that’s it for SJ.

As for Staples, #11 is a standout. The difference between SJ’s #11 and Staples’ #11 is that the one from Staples sets up plays and passes to her teammates. SJ’s forwards don’t know how to score as their role is to get the ball to MF.

Both defenses were spectacular. Staples deserved to win. Great game.

Comment

https://therudenreport.com/wreckers-...ver-st-joseph/

Comment

She's trying to serve the ball in. The accuracy isn't the best on some of them. But she's not shooting on all of them. Many criticisms on this board of her play, but this one is off the mark. I get it if you haven't seen them play this year you might have interpreted it this way, but it's not what's going on.

Comment

I was a neutral observer and have the same view. Staples had 5-6 players who made attempts to score whereas SJ had only one. If #11 gets hurt, that’s it for SJ.

As for Staples, #11 is a standout. The difference between SJ’s #11 and Staples’ #11 is that the one from Staples sets up plays and passes to her teammates. SJ’s forwards don’t know how to score as their role is to get the ball to MF.

LOL Thanks, Dad! Or is this grandma posting! If so, thanks, Grandma!

Look, Staples CMs are nice players. But relative to the praise / awards etc. they are over rated.

Comment

She's trying to serve the ball in. The accuracy isn't the best on some of them. But she's not shooting on all of them. Many criticisms on this board of her play, but this one is off the mark. I get it if you haven't seen them play this year you might have interpreted it this way, but it's not what's going on.
                    Her directive is to shoot to score on free kicks, never to place into the box. I can't blame them for that strategy since she has the leg and the accuracy.

Comment

This should be no surprise to anyone who has seen StJ play. It's her field. Her teammates are drones who have one primary directive. Always has been, always will be.

Comment

#11 for stjs IS THE FORWARD (they only play with 1 forward)
                        they play with 4 mids
                        11 for Staples plays CM that's her job to set up her teamates

Comment

funny you say that- JM was there on the sideline
                          says a lot for a kid to come back to see her girls- it was a nice touch

Comment

#11 for stjs IS THE FORWARD (they only play with 1 forward)
                            they play with 4 mids
                            11 for Staples plays CM that's her job to set up her teamates
                            Correct. A CM job is to set up and F job is to score, however that forward should dribble with her head up and look for the open attacking mids on the wings. Instead, she keeps her head down either outruns the D or gets clogged and turns it over trying to dribble through them.

Comment

if she is getting the ball to the goal in the air from 50 isn't that serving for someone to get a head on it?

Comment

if she is getting the ball to the goal in the air from 50 isn't that serving for someone to get a head on it?
                                It's getting past the box and directly on goal. Lotsa crossbars or field goals. Not many opportunities for headers

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X