Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Girls ECNL at FC Bucks or FC Delco worth it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Glad you clarified why your kid plays ECNL. And you are the perfect example of why bucks and delco don’t change. Sounds like no matter what the club offers or doesn’t offer so long as it’s an ECNL club you are happy. And that’s great for you, but I would be willing to bet most people want the bucks/delco clubs to make some changes to bring them more in line with a real ECNL club.

Many people want their Mia’s on ECNL clubs to actually play D1 - exposure doesn’t matter - results do. So it’s all well and good it’s “a great stage “ and “lots of college coaches” and “playing the best”. But what is all that really doing for your kid when they end up at playing at D2,D3 schools with all of the “rec league” kids you disparage. Your kid will end up playing D2,D3 with all the kids from the leagues you mock .
    Those d2 and 3 schools house mostly ecnl and da kids. Along with D1. This is where you got it wrong. These days you have to play ecnl and da just to play d2 and 3. The competition is so high that Rec league kids have it very tough to even play in college.

Comment

Is Girls ECNL at FC Bucks or FC Delco worth it?

Wrong. I would rather my kid play ecnl for bucks / delco and play the best kids in the country day in and out than play in those other Rec leagues (the worst being ecRl). It is valuable experience you will not get in those other leagues playing junk teams. Plus ecnl and da play on a great stage with tons of coaches watching. Would a D1, 2, or 3 coach pick an ecnl kid from bucks or delco over a local Rec club kid where that kid was never tested? Of coarse they pick the ecnl /da kid.
      So you have your kid play ECNL to get a participation trophy? the amount of scholarships out there do not warrant the amount of money to play ECNL and DA - and don't forget some parents just can't afford the ridiculous amount of money for those in addition to the travel expenses and missed time at work for the parents. Your kid (or anyone else's kid) should not be picking their college based on the sport, they should make sure that they will be happy at the college without that sport no one can predict if their kid will get hurt etc. and not be able to play anymore. Start to look at the big picture instead of trashing every other league/level of play.

Comment

Wrong. I would rather my kid play ecnl for bucks / delco and play the best kids in the country day in and out than play in those other Rec leagues (the worst being ecRl). It is valuable experience you will not get in those other leagues playing junk teams. Plus ecnl and da play on a great stage with tons of coaches watching. Would a D1, 2, or 3 coach pick an ecnl kid from bucks or delco over a local Rec club kid where that kid was never tested? Of coarse they pick the ecnl /da kid.
        Yep. I’m gonna take college advice from the guy who apparently doesn’t know the difference between course and coarse.

Comment

So you have your kid play ECNL to get a participation trophy? the amount of scholarships out there do not warrant the amount of money to play ECNL and DA - and don't forget some parents just can't afford the ridiculous amount of money for those in addition to the travel expenses and missed time at work for the parents. Your kid (or anyone else's kid) should not be picking their college based on the sport, they should make sure that they will be happy at the college without that sport no one can predict if their kid will get hurt etc. and not be able to play anymore. Start to look at the big picture instead of trashing every other league/level of play.
          Not trashing. Being honest. I saw ecRl and it’s the biggest joke of all time. Anyone who wastes there money on that is an idiot. I was one. But my kid left after a year of that farce. NL is ok but no stage. Icsl and pags are better than ecRl but not by much.

Ecnl and da are the best 2 leagues. I speak from experience with my 3 kids. If you want even d2 or d3 then you must play in ecnl or da. Rec leagues will not cut it anymore. In the past it might have but not now. Sad but true.

Comment

Not trashing. Being honest. I saw ecRl and it’s the biggest joke of all time. Anyone who wastes there money on that is an idiot. I was one. But my kid left after a year of that farce. NL is ok but no stage. Icsl and pags are better than ecRl but not by much.

Ecnl and da are the best 2 leagues. I speak from experience with my 3 kids. If you want even d2 or d3 then you must play in ecnl or da. Rec leagues will not cut it anymore. In the past it might have but not now. Sad but true.
            Considering ecrl isn’t yet even 1 year old, it seems impossible that your kid “left after year if that farce”

I call bull****. It should I say you are a farce. My money is on you being missy or one of the other BRD parents from the 06 FC bucks team. They have a long long history of tearing others down in an effort to make themselves feel better about their clown show team.

Comment

The problem with ECNL in PA is that Bucks and Delco are in a major rut so it makes a horrible impression. Families are driving greater distances looking for more and if you ask them they will all provide a different reason. This does not mean Bucks and Delco aren't providing value. The value is the exposure that you won't get elsewhere. Also, don't think for a second that these bottom 1/3 ECNL teams wouldn't compete with best EDP/NL has to offer. Those kids are giving up gotsoccer/state cup glory for the exposure. To each his own. The beauty is there are options for everyone. My kid plays DA because the training and structure is superior to what ECNL is offering. I am certain she will be a better developed player than if she did ECNL/HS. But that was really her choice and we'll reallly never know if it was the right one or wrong one.

Comment

Considering ecrl isn’t yet even 1 year old, it seems impossible that your kid “left after year if that farce”

I call bull****. It should I say you are a farce. My money is on you being missy or one of the other BRD parents from the 06 FC bucks team. They have a long long history of tearing others down in an effort to make themselves feel better about their clown show team.
                What? Check your facts. Npl (now called ecRl) has been around a lot longer than a year. You are way misinformed. Don’t know her so you now batting 0 for 2 azzHat.

Sorry truth hurts you so much. Be happy you don’t have a kid playing in that farce league. Icsl is a better bet. Ecnl and da only 2 respected leagues. If that hurts your feeling that’s on you.

Comment

I bet this ^ is same guy in UPenn thread bashing club coaches.
                  Now doesn’t know npl = ecnl-RL.

Stay in your lane on your thread blasting club coaches. Adults are talking. Out of your league

Comment

The problem with ECNL in PA is that Bucks and Delco are in a major rut so it makes a horrible impression. Families are driving greater distances looking for more and if you ask them they will all provide a different reason. This does not mean Bucks and Delco aren't providing value. The value is the exposure that you won't get elsewhere. Also, don't think for a second that these bottom 1/3 ECNL teams wouldn't compete with best EDP/NL has to offer. Those kids are giving up gotsoccer/state cup glory for the exposure. To each his own. The beauty is there are options for everyone. My kid plays DA because the training and structure is superior to what ECNL is offering. I am certain she will be a better developed player than if she did ECNL/HS. But that was really her choice and we'll reallly never know if it was the right one or wrong one.
                    Excellent post.

Bucks and delco are not true representations of ECNL soccer and are just cheapening the brand. The only thing they really are providing is the patch and the exposure it brings. So people need to decide if bucks and delco are worth it. It really sucks that there are no better options for kids in the area that want to play high school soccer.

Comment

Excellent post.

Bucks and delco are not true representations of ECNL soccer and are just cheapening the brand. The only thing they really are providing is the patch and the exposure it brings. So people need to decide if bucks and delco are worth it. It really sucks that there are no better options for kids in the area that want to play high school soccer.
                      Exactly - when you read about all of the wonderful things ECNL is and does, they are all true -but not necessarily for Bucks and Delco. Bucks and Delco are perennial bottom dwellers in ECNL. These are glorified rec teams that get a special patch.

Comment

Everyone knows that if tomorrow there was an announcement of a new ECNL team within 45 mins of the majority of FC Bucks families, that it would mean the instant demise of FC Bucks ECNL. At this point, the only reason FC Bucks ECNL still exists is that many people dont feel like making the drive to PDA, Matchfit, or Cedar Stars.

Comment

Everyone knows that if tomorrow there was an announcement of a new ECNL team within 45 mins of the majority of FC Bucks families, that it would mean the instant demise of FC Bucks ECNL. At this point, the only reason FC Bucks ECNL still exists is that many people dont feel like making the drive to PDA, Matchfit, or Cedar Stars.
                          Don’t agree. Families like bucks and delco. You may not but plenty of others do.

Comment

Don’t agree. Families like bucks and delco. You may not but plenty of others do.
                            My only guess is that you don’t know any better. I can tell you for a fact, you would be hard pressed to find many that have positive things to say about Delco ECNL today. It’s terrible. I agree with other poster, of a new club had the possibility of gaining ECNL around Philadelphia, Delco and Bucks girls programs would die.

Comment

My only guess is that you don’t know any better. I can tell you for a fact, you would be hard pressed to find many that have positive things to say about Delco ECNL today. It’s terrible. I agree with other poster, of a new club had the possibility of gaining ECNL around Philadelphia, Delco and Bucks girls programs would die.
                              I’ve heard delco is bad. They are losing everyone to Penn Fusion and lower merion?

Comment

I’ve heard delco is bad. They are losing everyone to Penn Fusion and lower merion?
                                Yes PF is good club. They are DA so no HS soccer

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X