Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    so something quick about ECNL...coming from an boys ECNL parent...and I don't mean this to be "mean" but if your son is U15 and above and has no interest what so ever in playing college soccer, then ECNL is not the way to go. yes it is a much higher level of play as compared to everything other than DA, but since it is geared completely towards college recruitment, if that is not your childs goal then don't go ECNL.
    we are in our second year in ECNL and we have a few boys on team who are not interested in college soccer and you can tell when it comes to commitment level. they do not want to take the extra step that is needed for ECNL. they are good players but when it comes to travel to showcase events or doing anything more that what is required, they do not want to participate. this then effects the whole team.
    so be honest, ask your kid and then either go ECNL or stay at a more "local" level of play.
    ECNL is a very good program and the teams are all good, but I see you falling into the DA type cult of buying into believing your kid and his team are "Elite" and everyone else "rec". There are quite a few regular club teams playing top division of FSPL that can and have beat ECNL teams. Their players are just as dedicated as your kid. Many areas don't have an ECNL team or DA team. If you live in a large metro with an ECNL team and it works for your family to travel to it several times a week, it is likely the best option for consistently good competition. Your kid is just not as "elite" as you want to believe. It amazes me how you guys have this need to believe your kid is so elite. 95% of the players in DA, ECNL, FSPL, NPL, and all other leagues are not elite. Elite would be at most the top 50 players in the state at any age. Most are in DA and a few are in ECNL, FSPL, and other leagues for a host of reasons

Comment

ACYS is on life support

At best ACYS is on life support. The plug will be pulled in May. There will be no tryouts

Is that true? ACYS won't have try outs? I also hear that they have already canceled their younger team programs for this spring. What's going on with them?

Comment

ECNL is a very good program and the teams are all good, but I see you falling into the DA type cult of buying into believing your kid and his team are "Elite" and everyone else "rec". There are quite a few regular club teams playing top division of FSPL that can and have beat ECNL teams. Their players are just as dedicated as your kid. Many areas don't have an ECNL team or DA team. If you live in a large metro with an ECNL team and it works for your family to travel to it several times a week, it is likely the best option for consistently good competition. Your kid is just not as "elite" as you want to believe. It amazes me how you guys have this need to believe your kid is so elite. 95% of the players in DA, ECNL, FSPL, NPL, and all other leagues are not elite. Elite would be at most the top 50 players in the state at any age. Most are in DA and a few are in ECNL, FSPL, and other leagues for a host of reasons
        wow... so since you tagged onto what I wrote, I am going to make the assumption you were replying to it... and yet you didn't read what I wrote. at no point did I say how "elite" my kid is... at no point did I say that an ECNL team could beat every other "rec" team out there... I did not use any of those phrases. so get the chip off your shoulder, or your head out of your arse and read it again. All I stated was that if your child has no interest in playing college soccer, than ECNL probably is not be the best step for them. I didn't piss on any other clubs etc so your post shows that you are an idiot..

Comment

My kids season was pre-paid. They have been transferred to a team at OCYS with no other fees. Problem is that is more than an hour drive.

Comment

wow... so since you tagged onto what I wrote, I am going to make the assumption you were replying to it... and yet you didn't read what I wrote. at no point did I say how "elite" my kid is... at no point did I say that an ECNL team could beat every other "rec" team out there... I did not use any of those phrases. so get the chip off your shoulder, or your head out of your arse and read it again. All I stated was that if your child has no interest in playing college soccer, than ECNL probably is not be the best step for them. I didn't piss on any other clubs etc so your post shows that you are an idiot..
            I guess I must have misunderstood what you meant by "yes it is a much higher level of play as compared to everything other than DA" , "they do not want to take the extra step that is needed for ECNL", and "stay at a more "local" level of play". It appears it may have been a different poster who used the words "elite", but it certainly appears by your own words you believe the same. Even above you are calling non ECNL teams "rec". That is what the DA cult (and now ECNL) tries to do put down other kids playing soccer. I saw & heard it first hand when my sons team beat an ECNL team. The ECNL team was behind in the game and the kids on the ECNL team were loudly saying "don't worry, they are a rec team. just let them tire themselves out chasing us around". The boys didn't come up with that on their own. It came from coaches and parents telling them the non ECNL teams are lowly rec teams. Soccer is the only youth sport I see this disrespectful attitude in. Makes me laugh. There were very good players on both my son's team and the ECNL team. I didn't see one national caliber player so I guess they are all "rec".

Comment

so something quick about ECNL...coming from an boys ECNL parent...and I don't mean this to be "mean" but if your son is U15 and above and has no interest what so ever in playing college soccer, then ECNL is not the way to go. yes it is a much higher level of play as compared to everything other than DA, but since it is geared completely towards college recruitment, if that is not your childs goal then don't go ECNL.
              we are in our second year in ECNL and we have a few boys on team who are not interested in college soccer and you can tell when it comes to commitment level. they do not want to take the extra step that is needed for ECNL. they are good players but when it comes to travel to showcase events or doing anything more that what is required, they do not want to participate. this then effects the whole team.
              so be honest, ask your kid and then either go ECNL or stay at a more "local" level of play.
              I will disagree, our son has been with ECNL team and college soccer is not on his priority list as to why he chose ECNL route but would much rather play vs other higher level ECNL teams/players. I can tell you over the past couple years his development is much better then if he stayed at a regular club. One of the main reasons for going ECNL vs club travel was the level of players and teams to play against, college was just a added benefit but again not main focus.
              If your son is content where he's at by all means stay but if he is a great player and wants you be challenged then ECNL is a very good consideration. Since my son is not quite DA why not have him play against next best option. You will find with the growing interest in ECNL teams are getting better every year with top players taking notice. I don't think it is totally geared to college as you think but main focus is putting together "Elite" teams hense Elite Clubs National League.

Comment

One point I just had to chime in on with respect to post I read stating if your son or girl for that matter does not intend college soccer then ECNL is not the way to go, that's hog wash. Main reason is to put together elite teams to play against elite teams with emphasis on college but not the only reason to join ECNL. The poster above gives some good point I agree with.
                Now can we get back to the original topic. I for one would like to know where these shut down rumors are coming from or even true. We have a younger son who wants to play with school mates next season there, oh and we also have a older son in ECNL.

Comment

One point I just had to chime in on with respect to post I read stating if your son or girl for that matter does not intend college soccer then ECNL is not the way to go, that's hog wash. Main reason is to put together elite teams to play against elite teams with emphasis on college but not the only reason to join ECNL. The poster above gives some good point I agree with.
                  Now can we get back to the original topic. I for one would like to know where these shut down rumors are coming from or even true. We have a younger son who wants to play with school mates next season there, oh and we also have a older son in ECNL.

Comment

??????

Comment

ACYS is done!

Comment

Is ACYS even able to host their own tournament anymore since no Trotters Park?

Comment

Acys moved

ACYS moved and got new phones etc...

https://www.facebook.com/spiritunitedsoccer/

Their Facebook page has new posts and photos

Comment

ACYS is a joke now. With ES in charge of competitive...they will be non-existence in 1-2 years and that’s if they are lucky enough to last that long!

Comment

When parents and players that have been with the club a long time are looking to jump ship that says there is a big problem. We left before the season because of fields spread out all over the place, 20 + rosters and same average competition and play year after year.

Comment

When a club lets an incompetent person like ES to run a program...this is what you get. A club that will fold this year or next. It’s not about the kids, but about lining his greedy pockets. So long to ACYS!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X