Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 09-24-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Okay, so one team plays uncreative possession style football, every time pressure is imminent, the support pass is available at any side. The other is direct style with little or no creativity as well. Neither is good developmental soccer. Typical American analogy whose soccer intelligence is low.
Not surprised, stick to your strong safeties lads!!
Does Barca play "uncreative possession style" too?
Old 09-24-2013
Unregistered

In order to " create" , you need imagination. Imagination can't be taught, it emerges from within the individual, due to a variety of factors. The most important of those comes from free will .
Old 09-24-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
In order to " create" , you need imagination. Imagination can't be taught, it emerges from within the individual, due to a variety of factors. The most important of those comes from free will .
I agree, but creativity needs to be encouraged from coaches and trainers, not as we witnessed on the first video, youngsters made to robotically give away the ball when pressure mounts or as the second video showed, get the ball up field to an athletic front 1/3. Free will is good, but needs to be fostered and encouraged from the trainers.
Once again, both teams are failing in my opinion.
Old 09-24-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
I agree, but creativity needs to be encouraged from coaches and trainers, not as we witnessed on the first video, youngsters made to robotically give away the ball when pressure mounts or as the second video showed, get the ball up field to an athletic front 1/3. Free will is good, but needs to be fostered and encouraged from the trainers.
Once again, both teams are failing in my opinion.
Creativity can be taught. I got a book on creativity from the library and now I'm pretty creative. I was hardly creative at all before. You should read it. Its called Creativity.
Old 09-28-2013
Unregistered

This quote from the article mocking American soccer:

" Itís led to a neurotic insistence on avoiding diving..."

tells me that I wouldn't let the author anywhere near my son or daughter.

Diving is pathetic and ruins the game. That and shirt pulling should be immediate red cards.
Old 09-28-2013
Unregistered

First video reminded me of Barcelona getting crushed by Bayern last year in the Champions playoff. Possession minded Barca had the ball for 75% of the game and still got destroyed by the bigger, faster and aggressive team.
Old 09-28-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
Did you happen to see them get crushed by Bayern Munich in last years Champion league playoffs even though they dominated possession? Barca is primarily decent because they have the most gifted player on the planet. Messi is what makes them great and the only reason to watch. Without him their possession soccer is very boring and would routinely get beaten by bigger, better athletes.
Old 09-28-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
Did you happen to see them get crushed by Bayern Munich in last years Champion league playoffs even though they dominated possession? Barca is primarily decent because they have the most gifted player on the planet. Messi is what makes them great and the only reason to watch. Without him their possession soccer is very boring and would routinely get beaten by bigger, better athletes.
Yes, I did. And the rest of your post is just a little hyperbolic.

"Only reason to watch?" For starters, I've never heard a fan of the game say a bad word about Iniesta.
Old 09-29-2013
Unregistered

The possession team without Messi is called Spain national team. And it happened to win the world cup last time.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
plenty of limeys find barca style of play boring. oh, they how do go on about it.