Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You keep saying that others are missing the point, but you seem to be making the case that you are missing the point. Fact is, you are stating two issues. One is that the Mass East has a more difficult road to the state title. That might be true.

However, you then talk about school student body number, state that more people = more talent, but then don't recognize that Ludlow, Longmeadow, and Amherst all compete on the same level with significantly fewer students. The only thing that all of this says is that the student body number may make no difference.
    Take a remedial math class

And last time I checked, Ludlow and others don’t play EMass teams regularly.

It’s MUCH easier for Ludlow to make the final than a team from EMass

It’s an absolute fact

Comment

Take a remedial math class

And last time I checked, Ludlow and others don’t play EMass teams regularly.

It’s MUCH easier for Ludlow to make the final than a team from EMass

It’s an absolute fact
      I already agree that eastern mass probably has a tough time getting to the finals.
      But.....
      I don’t usually say this ......but..... you are an idiot.
      The ‘math’ does not automatically dictate that a larger school has a better program.

Comment

SL 3-1 Hingham

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2582813]I already agree that eastern mass probably has a tough time getting to the finals.
          But.....
          The ‘math’ does not automatically dictate that a larger school has a better program.[/QUOTE

No, you moron, it does not automatically dictate, but on average it does matter (its simple math, but clearly you cannot comprehend this). You are legitimately the dumbest person on this blog

Comment

Somerville 5 Medford 4.

I'm glad the put some of the GBL back together. I wasn't really a fan of seeing the GBL teams being put in the Northeastern Division. There are a lot of bad soccer teams in the Northeastern.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2583066]
              I already agree that eastern mass probably has a tough time getting to the finals.
              But.....
              The ‘math’ does not automatically dictate that a larger school has a better program.[/QUOTE

No, you moron, it does not automatically dictate, but on average it does matter (its simple math, but clearly you cannot comprehend this). You are legitimately the dumbest person on this blog
              Different poster, in high school sports (and on any larger scale) it only matters what the town , and ? school emphasize. This is where your 'math' doesn't contribute. Ludlow has < 1000 students and the town probably doesn't care about much of anything other than soccer. They put together quality teams every year. Duxbury has a student body of <1000 and puts together quality lax teams every year. Milton cares about ? tennis and walpole cares about ? baseball and football.

The size of the student body contributes more, or even only, to the previously annually awarded trophy (? name) that recognized the total athletic accomplishments of the school where all sports records were included.

Comment

D1 South 10/13

D1 South as of now.

Couple of these records might be a little off based on recent games not being reported.

1. Weymouth 9-2-1 19/24 .791
                2. Needham 9-2-1 19/24 .791
                3. Hingham 9-2-3 21/28 .750
                4. Brockton 9-3-0 18/24 .750
                5. King Phillip 7-2-3 17/24 .708
                6. New Bedford 7-3-1 15/22 .681
                7. Silver Lake 8-4-0 16/24 .666
                8. Xaverian 7-3-3 17/26 .653
                9. Franklin 7-3-4 18/28 .642
                10. Wellesley 6-3-2 14/22 .636
                11. Natick 3-1-5 11/18 .611
                12. Barnstable 4-3-2 10/18 .555
                13. BC High 6-5-0 12/22 .545
                14. W-H 6-6-1 13/26 .500

Outside looking in
                Marshfield 6-7-1 13/28 .464
                Braintree 4-5-2 10/22 .454
                Durfee 3-4-3 9/20 .450
                Plymouth N 4-6-2 10/24 .416
                Attleboro 3-6-1 7/19 .368

Comment

D1 South as of now.

Couple of these records might be a little off based on recent games not being reported.

1. Weymouth 9-2-1 19/24 .791
                  2. Needham 9-2-1 19/24 .791
                  3. Hingham 9-2-3 21/28 .750
                  4. Brockton 9-3-0 18/24 .750
                  5. King Phillip 7-2-3 17/24 .708
                  6. New Bedford 7-3-1 15/22 .681
                  7. Silver Lake 8-4-0 16/24 .666
                  8. Xaverian 7-3-3 17/26 .653
                  9. Franklin 7-3-4 18/28 .642
                  10. Wellesley 6-3-2 14/22 .636
                  11. Natick 3-1-5 11/18 .611
                  12. Barnstable 4-3-2 10/18 .555
                  13. BC High 6-5-0 12/22 .545
                  14. W-H 6-6-1 13/26 .500

Outside looking in
                  Marshfield 6-7-1 13/28 .464
                  Braintree 4-5-2 10/22 .454
                  Durfee 3-4-3 9/20 .450
                  Plymouth N 4-6-2 10/24 .416
                  Attleboro 3-6-1 7/19 .368
                  I think WH is D2 for boys soccer, but otherwise looks good

Comment

Who are the dark horses. Natick and Braintree .? I know they played to a tie.

Comment

Who are the dark horses. Natick and Braintree .? I know they played to a tie.
                      Braintree is at serious risk of not qualifying based on their current record and remaining schedule. I don’t see them making a run even if they do manage to qualify.

Natick could be a tough out for anyone based on their keeper - he keeps them in games. Not sure what happened in their recent blowout loss to Weymouth - surprised to see them give up 5 goals. They have ties against strong teams and the ability to do that is valuable in the postseason.

Wellesley and BC High are good teams, if inconsistent, but will be competitive.

Can anyone comment on Brockton this year? Or KP? Or Xaverian?

The tournament seedings are pretty useless because the strength of schedule varies so much from team to team but it is the tournament and anything can happen.

Comment

Braintree is at serious risk of not qualifying based on their current record and remaining schedule. I don’t see them making a run even if they do manage to qualify.

Natick could be a tough out for anyone based on their keeper - he keeps them in games. Not sure what happened in their recent blowout loss to Weymouth - surprised to see them give up 5 goals. They have ties against strong teams and the ability to do that is valuable in the postseason.

The tournament seedings are pretty useless because the strength of schedule varies so much from team to team but it is the tournament and anything can happen.

BC High is a solid team but falls apart. they have some high quality players and might upset a weymouth

Comment

BC High is a solid team but falls apart. they have some high quality players and might upset a weymouth
                          Good grief.

Comment

1. I’d be shocked if Braintree makes it.
                            2. Natick keeper is good but man that game against Weymouth he had no chance as they were shredded. Without goals I don’t think they can do too much.
                            3. BC High is in for a fight to make it as well but they are young and lack the experience
                            4. Now we’re talking... Wellesley is a major dark horse. They are getting healthy and playing some quality soccer. I would not want to be matched up against them at any point.
                            5. Weymouth and Needham are the two favorites
                            6. Hingham is a pretender
                            7. Brockton is good and are in a good run right now. Looking forward to them playing New Bedford soon. That will be a telling Match up.
                            8. Speaking of New Bedford they have some tough games left and play Wellesley the last week
                            I believe which will be good.
                            9. Xaverian is okay. Haven’t beaten anyone really. Watched them get beat up by Prep.
                            10. No absolutely nothing about KP and Franklin. Might have to get to a hock game soon

Comment

Again, you don’t get it. You really really don’t. All things equal, more people = more talent. It actually is MUCH harder to get through the north and south. And the fact the central and west always gets a team in the final is total BS.

It doesn’t mean those teams suck, it’s just MUCH easier for them
                              You are the one that is not getting it, the hardest conference in the state is Smith out West, that is a fact, even with the smaller population!
                              https://highschoolsports.masslive.co...nference=Smith

Comment

You are the one that is not getting it, the hardest conference in the state is Smith out West, that is a fact, even with the smaller population!
                                https://highschoolsports.masslive.co...nference=Smith
                                Clearly there’s no end to the dumb people on this blog

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X