Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the truth and nothing but the truth

In the USA, we don't have youth sports, we have businesses. The fact it is a game is irrelevant.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In the USA, we don't have youth sports, we have businesses. The fact it is a game is irrelevant.
    In USA, everything is business

Comment

In USA, everything is business
      yup. there's good and bad to this. good= we are much more a meritocracy than other nations. bad=people often have no values outside of $$.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
        yup. There's good and bad to this. Good= we are much more a meritocracy than other nations. Bad=people often have no values outside of $$.
        stfu!!!

Comment

stfu!!!
          You STFU!

It's too bad that this us an anonymous forum. If I knew who you were you would be crying to mommy.

Comment

You STFU!

It's too bad that this us an anonymous forum. If I knew who you were you would be crying to mommy.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSlj-OGjFI

Comment

Go home to mommy

My hero.....

https://gfycat.com/closedcriminalalpaca

Comment

He's God. Best president that ever served. The history books will treat him well. Incredible man and leader.

Comment

Truth. And they just hope the cream rises to the top, which it does on women's side but mostly through club >> college network. On the men's side, it is a different animal and it shows.

Comment

Truth. And they just hope the cream rises to the top, which it does on women's side but mostly through club >> college network. On the men's side, it is a different animal and it shows.
                    DA killed youth soccer (MENS) for the next 10 years at least. At young ages, talented kids are passed up for stronger and faster kids. Thats where US youth soccer is wrong. Europeans are so good at player development because of their ability to develop talent. Europeans can see talent immediately, and then they develop the talented players into more stronger and faster players. The US takes strong and fast players, make them even stronger and thinks they can compete. Its obvious, the USMNT has a lack of talent compared to other European countries. When talent is prioritized, then we can see changes in our USMNT and its standard. But, until then, we can keep seeing the glare of the bald man Bradley in the middle of the field.

Comment

DA killed youth soccer (MENS) for the next 10 years at least. At young ages, talented kids are passed up for stronger and faster kids. Thats where US youth soccer is wrong. Europeans are so good at player development because of their ability to develop talent. Europeans can see talent immediately, and then they develop the talented players into more stronger and faster players. The US takes strong and fast players, make them even stronger and thinks they can compete. Its obvious, the USMNT has a lack of talent compared to other European countries. When talent is prioritized, then we can see changes in our USMNT and its standard. But, until then, we can keep seeing the glare of the bald man Bradley in the middle of the field.
                      when you criticize DA I think you are criticizing talent selection at DA clubs more than the structure and concept behind DA. The basic idea of DA - having an elite league that runs under the federation umbrella and provides more direct contact with NT prospects than ODP did - remains to me 100% sound. The problem is in execution, not in the concept itself.

As to the rest of your post, I mostly agree.

Comment

I think this is spot on. At the U10 level what I saw was a promotion of the kids that were ball hogs. Some were fast. Some were agile. But the one thing they all had in common was ball hogs. The kids that actually were developing skills, touch, passing ability, vision were ignore (and some of them were also fast and agile). But they got ignored because they actually passed the ball. Eventually my son moved up the ladder and is now a ball hog himself and he scores lots of goals and they love him. But his passing ability isn't as good now as it was two years ago.

I think a big part of the problem is that they confuse athletic ability with soccer ability.

Comment

when you criticize DA I think you are criticizing talent selection at DA clubs more than the structure and concept behind DA. The basic idea of DA - having an elite league that runs under the federation umbrella and provides more direct contact with NT prospects than ODP did - remains to me 100% sound. The problem is in execution, not in the concept itself.

I think your comment is probably right. The execution needs to be a lot better. I realize for the program to be elite it has to be limited. But the program is so small and only located in large cities.

I'm sorry but asking players from mid sized cities to travel 2-3 hours back and forth is crazy.

On the other hand how else could you do it? I don't know.

I've been a proponent for less leagues and more of a promotion and relgation system. Let these super teams for naturally. I think you'll end up with more geographical diversity. And better players will be able to find an available team closer by so they can find their level.

The way it is now in Florida once you go below DA you have lots and lots of teams supposedly top tier but they really only have three to four really good players per team. And the players have no way of actually coming together and forming better teams because the good teams and the good players are spread thing across so many leagues.

Also I'm starting to rethink my position on high school soccer. I'm pretty sure while its fun it does NOTHING to help with player identification and does little to actually develop players. Why do I say this? Because you are doing the opposite of what we should be doing. Instead of promotiona and relegation. You now break up all the club kids. Mix them with rec kids. Then say go out and kick the ball kids.

Frustrated. My kid is pretty good. And for now he is driven to self improve. But at some point he'll need to play with players on the same level so he can develop his passing skills and tactical sense. That simply isn't ever going to happen where we are. Its an impossibility and there is nothing for him

Comment

Talent selection has been refuted as a dead end road. Since there is no correlation between childhood performance and adult performance the only thing talent selection does is it ignores the overwhelming majority of potential future elite performers by focusing on a few who were selected at a young age based on a bias, or an error, so to speak. In combat sports, researchers found negative correlation between early performance and adult elite performance. It means that if the child is winning everything early, there is zero chance he or she will be an adult elite performer. What is the motivation to persist with hard work when you are already winning everything? We already told players in the DA and all other elite, premier, and select team players that they are better than the rest of the bunch. Why would they push themselves for years and years to develop into a true world class player? We just told them they are already there. They believe us.

Comment

Originally posted by Just a Coach View Post
                              Talent selection has been refuted as a dead end road. Since there is no correlation between childhood performance and adult performance the only thing talent selection does is it ignores the overwhelming majority of potential future elite performers by focusing on a few who were selected at a young age based on a bias, or an error, so to speak. In combat sports, researchers found negative correlation between early performance and adult elite performance. It means that if the child is winning everything early, there is zero chance he or she will be an adult elite performer. What is the motivation to persist with hard work when you are already winning everything? We already told players in the DA and all other elite, premier, and select team players that they are better than the rest of the bunch. Why would they push themselves for years and years to develop into a true world class player? We just told them they are already there. They believe us.
                              But there not the best bunch.They were selected on size & physical strength before most players had even started puberty. So now you got a bunch of cherry pickers that are average at best.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X