Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What made you leave pda for bucks? You were at a “great” club but then you left pda for bucks. Had to be something you saw in Bucks to do that? Just wondering.
    I am not sure what you mean. My kid never played at PDA. FC Bucks is our only experience at this level and it has not been great compared to what I see with my own eyes and hear from others.

Comment

I think all clubs have their issues. No one is going to deny this. But if their issues don’t jive with you personally then you move on to a club where they do. Its kind of simple.

Comment

Give one example of what FC Bucks does better than their competitors that will attract (and keep) top level players. Their competitors are DA and ECNL clubs.

- Experienced, credentialled coaches - No
        - Facilities- No
        - Competitive Environment- No
        - Value - No
        - College Placement - No
        - Executive Director - No
        - Programming - No

Face it FC Bucks is still managed like a local travel organization. Everything is team based and just enough is done to appease most parents. When was the last time (or first time) LS and DM was at a game or practice? Do they even know you or your kid? Take notice of the teams you are playing there are always 2 or 3 coaches at every game including away games. They are supposed to video tape every game. What good is that if there is no review? Please share your kids development plan because I have yet to see one. An 8 week speed and agility program... worthless, 7 teams sharing a field.... horrible, and lets not forget about that farce of a futsal program...

They are only viable because of the ecnl patch. It would not take much for another club to take their spot. Really it would only take hiring someone with ties to the ecnl brass. Bucks shoukd make that hire before someone else does.

* not a woman scorned, just a frustrated dad giving it one more year
        So "frustrated dad"....don't let the door hit you in the ass. Don't give it another year. Leave now.

I happen to know kids that thrived in Bucks and did great and are continuing to do great.

Comment

I think all clubs have their issues. No one is going to deny this. But if their issues don’t jive with you personally then you move on to a club where they do. Its kind of simple.
          Exactly. This person has true issues and it's not soccer related. Hardcore meds and therapy needed here.

Comment

Do you have any idea of the number and talent level of the kids from FC Bucks traditional area (within SOL school districts) who chose to play at PF, Delco, PDA, MF and Cedar Stars over the past 5 years? The better players are choosing elsewhwere.
            And I also know kids that left other clubs to go to Bucks. When the kid has maxed out, you have to accept it as a parent. You can't make what isn't there. And that's not the coaches. Maybe look into field hockey or something not as taxing physically for your kid.

Comment

All clubs do have their issues. FC Bucks seems to have them across the board.

Comment

All clubs do have their issues. FC Bucks seems to have them across the board.
                Honestly so do a lot of clubs out there. This is why you see so many team hoppers. People just focus way too much on the negatives anymore. Cheer up people!!! Good vibes.

Comment

Honestly so do a lot of clubs out there. This is why you see so many team hoppers. People just focus way too much on the negatives anymore. Cheer up people!!! Good vibes.
                  Or fix the problem for even better vibes.

Comment

And I also know kids that left other clubs to go to Bucks. When the kid has maxed out, you have to accept it as a parent. You can't make what isn't there. And that's not the coaches. Maybe look into field hockey or something not as taxing physically for your kid.
                    Yeah, the kids that got cut from those other clubs go to FC Bucks. The past years have been brutal. It’s a fact. Look at the players that left. Look at the results of the current teams. It’s all right there to see on the ECNL site.

Comment

Give one example of what FC Bucks does better than their competitors that will attract (and keep) top level players. Their competitors are DA and ECNL clubs.

- Experienced, credentialled coaches - No
                      - Facilities- No
                      - Competitive Environment- No
                      - Value - No
                      - College Placement - No
                      - Executive Director - No
                      - Programming - No

Face it FC Bucks is still managed like a local travel organization. Everything is team based and just enough is done to appease most parents. When was the last time (or first time) LS and DM was at a game or practice? Do they even know you or your kid? Take notice of the teams you are playing there are always 2 or 3 coaches at every game including away games. They are supposed to video tape every game. What good is that if there is no review? Please share your kids development plan because I have yet to see one. An 8 week speed and agility program... worthless, 7 teams sharing a field.... horrible, and lets not forget about that farce of a futsal program...

They are only viable because of the ecnl patch. It would not take much for another club to take their spot. Really it would only take hiring someone with ties to the ecnl brass. Bucks shoukd make that hire before someone else does.

* not a woman scorned, just a frustrated dad giving it one more year
                      All facts. The people running Bucks hate facts. Nobody wants to leave! The point is to fix these issues so people don’t have to leave. Do a national search and bring in individuals that know what they are doing. It’s simple. In the real world, most people don’t get to keep their job if there is repeated failures. This has been 5 or so years of absolute failure on every level. FC Bucks/CRUSA do a national search! Bring in quality people to do the job. FC Bucks/CRUSA have all the tools to be a really good club again.

Comment

YOU again? Take your meds fool. We are all tired of your wailing.

Comment

All facts. The people running Bucks hate facts. Nobody wants to leave! The point is to fix these issues so people don’t have to leave. Do a national search and bring in individuals that know what they are doing. It’s simple. In the real world, most people don’t get to keep their job if there is repeated failures. This has been 5 or so years of absolute failure on every level. FC Bucks/CRUSA do a national search! Bring in quality people to do the job. FC Bucks/CRUSA have all the tools to be a really good club again.

I think what the defender (and it is 1 person) is failing to realize is that the people calling out the issues are genuine and want to see the club succeed. He is actually doing the club a disservice by trying to explain it away as just a scormed woman or that the frustrated dad's kid is maxed out, whatever that means. He should recognize the problems and work towards fixing them.

Comment

YOU again? Take your meds fool. We are all tired of your wailing.
                            It could be worse at FC Bucks. They could be Philly Soccer Club

Comment

I think what the defender (and it is 1 person) is failing to realize is that the people calling out the issues are genuine and want to see the club succeed. He is actually doing the club a disservice by trying to explain it away as just a scormed woman or that the frustrated dad's kid is maxed out, whatever that means. He should recognize the problems and work towards fixing them.
                              Well hopefully it all works out for everyone. Good luck to all!! Good vibes to all

Comment

I think you need to consider what those that defend the club on here so strongly stand to lose if real change comes to FC Bucks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X