Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sure my daughter doesn't pay for the Elite name, and she even played in this local tournament and had a good time.

Answer me this. If the the GDA and ECNL or so elite why are there D1, D2 commits coming out of the OYSA league every year including this year and already committed players for next year graduating class?
    I never called the GDA or ECNL “elite”
    You have.

98% of your players in the Portland Metro area are recreational soccer players. There are only a 20-30 elite players in total.

If you want to look at something that might be close to elite then you would go watch the Boys DA play when team come to town or fly down south to watch elite players. We really don’t have any in the PDX Metro area.

There are many schools that take Oregon players in college. It doesn’t matter what platform you’re a part of it matters how persistent you are.

I will say that the ECNL will put you in front of more coaches which increases your chances.

Comment

I never called the GDA or ECNL “elite”
      You have.

98% of your players in the Portland Metro area are recreational soccer players. There are only a 20-30 elite players in total.

If you want to look at something that might be close to elite then you would go watch the Boys DA play when team come to town or fly down south to watch elite players. We really don’t have any in the PDX Metro area.

There are many schools that take Oregon players in college. It doesn’t matter what platform you’re a part of it matters how persistent you are.

I will say that the ECNL will put you in front of more coaches which increases your chances.
      With regards to the US Club Ecnl mythical ability to increase your chances of going to college (ROTFL).
      Playing in this platform can decrease your chances of finding a college & it can also drain your pocketbook.

Without bonafide academic and on field talent it doesn't matter who is watching.

Your chances of spending thousands for useless travel are 100% with no increase of college opportunities in most Oregonians cases.

Selling the dream.

Comment

With regards to the US Club Ecnl mythical ability to increase your chances of going to college (ROTFL).
        Playing in this platform can decrease your chances of finding a college & it can also drain your pocketbook.

Without bonafide academic and on field talent it doesn't matter who is watching.

Your chances of spending thousands for useless travel are 100% with no increase of college opportunities in most Oregonians cases.

Selling the dream.
        I don’t have a daughter that plays in the EC NL league. She is not good enough. I agree with you that you don’t need EC NL to get in the college. I stated that above. I do also think that your opinion doesn’t matter. I could care less if somebody wants to spend thousands of dollars for their daughter to travel. I would bet that you have some friends that drive big diesel trucks that get terrible gas mileage and you complain about within your little circle jerk every week. “I can’t believe they drive a vehicle without Patrick gas mileage. Can you believe how much they probably paid gas?”

Again, we could come in here and argue about your daughter. You and I can have a conversation of why you buy your daughter $250 pair of soccer shoes. Do you think they make her better?

Comment

Why are we talking about girls soccer again?

Comment

Why are we talking about girls soccer again?
            It’s pretty easy to figure out. Female soccer players have bat sh!t crazy parents!

Comment

It’s pretty easy to figure out. Female soccer players have bat sh!t crazy parents!
              They are just glad to not be talking about their sandwich making classes

Comment

I don’t have a daughter that plays in the EC NL league. She is not good enough. I agree with you that you don’t need EC NL to get in the college. I stated that above. I do also think that your opinion doesn’t matter. I could care less if somebody wants to spend thousands of dollars for their daughter to travel. I would bet that you have some friends that drive big diesel trucks that get terrible gas mileage and you complain about within your little circle jerk every week. “I can’t believe they drive a vehicle without Patrick gas mileage. Can you believe how much they probably paid gas?”

Again, we could come in here and argue about your daughter. You and I can have a conversation of why you buy your daughter $250 pair of soccer shoes. Do you think they make her better?
                When did travel desires and travel budget magically blend with playing recreational club soccer?

It's a team sport why should my travel desires by forced on recreational families? I will just travel without the team as it should be.

I'm telling you if you drive a big diesel truck that gets terrible gas mileage this will be a great investment and will increase your chances for recruitment into the Formula One Circuit, since you make so many hair pin turns in the big rig and drive it across country, it's worth the price of the fuel you spend.

Next.

Comment

Best thread ever.

If you want to get your kid into college, investing in a soccer scholarship is about as dumb as Beanie Babies being your retirement fund.

It's all recreation, it's all for fun.

Any coach that tells you your kid is getting a scholarship or will play for the USWNT is a fraud.

Club soccer is a joke. Everyone wants to get paid. You can pay 2k a year for your kid to be on a D2 team that gets beat by teams outside the metro area with volunteer coaches. But if you have fun, they have fun, they want to play for their high school it's all worth it.

As said before it's about intertia. Clash vs. Capitol there seems to be really no reason why one is more popular than the other....besides one has always been more popular than the other.

The bigger the tournament usually the better. The more really good teams that sign up then more for the really good teams play, and the more not so good, they play each other. Nothing more messed up for all involved to have a lopsided group. Nobody wants to lose 10-0 and nobody wants to win that way....if they are honest about solid competition.

Comment

The only reason the Clash is so big is because the director is paid to promote tournaments. He started out promoting the Tigard Chinook Cup tournament. When the host club changed out and didn't need him anymore, the club's registrar and he decided to make a living running tournaments.

What parents didn't realize at the time is that OYSA sold names to this guy (and anyone else requesting players' and teams' contact infomation). He bought mailing addresses and email addresses. He also kept all of the Chinook Cup participanting teams' coaches and team managers' information. He continues the practice today by collecting information and soliciting anyone and everyone.

I've told him repeatedly to delete my name from his email solicitations, but I still get them.
                    Your thinking of the wrong director, the one your talking about, who did chinook, is at Capital cup.

Comment

As much crap as the crash at the border gets I will say after looking at the brackets that it’s a pretty good group of teams at all ages/genders.

Comment

As much crap as the crash at the border gets I will say after looking at the brackets that it’s a pretty good group of teams at all ages/genders.
                        They have 20 teams at some age groups. Makes it more likely teams are evenly matched which can mean more fun and an enjoyable experience. As long as their are no sandbaggers.

Comment

Best of luck to all the teams participating in the Rec at the border tourney

And I hope no parents lose their vehicles in the potholes.

Comment

Best of luck to all the teams participating in the Rec at the border tourney

And I hope no parents lose their vehicles in the potholes.
                            Bro, it's all rec. Clash, Mt. Hood, Nike Cup. It's a game, this isn't a tryout for Delta Force.

There is nothing important or significant about soccer....other than having fun with friends and family.

I noticed Clash has a whole lot of teams while Capitol has significantly less. Would be interesting to know if Clash experienced a big increase over last year. Are there more teams in total competing this weekend...or did teams do Capitol last year and are doing Clash this year?

Of course everyone knows we need to disband every club in Oregon and form one super club in order to compete on the world stage.....as if that's the point.

Comment

Bro, it's all rec. Clash, Mt. Hood, Nike Cup. It's a game, this isn't a tryout for Delta Force.

There is nothing important or significant about soccer....other than having fun with friends and family.

I noticed Clash has a whole lot of teams while Capitol has significantly less. Would be interesting to know if Clash experienced a big increase over last year. Are there more teams in total competing this weekend...or did teams do Capitol last year and are doing Clash this year?

Of course everyone knows we need to disband every club in Oregon and form one super club in order to compete on the world stage.....as if that's the point.
                              Last year 342 teams

This year 411 teams

Comment

Last year 342 teams

This year 411 teams
                                That's impressive. Do you know what Capitol had last year over this year? Their brackets look pretty thin.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X