Select Club National League

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCNL? Seems like a reasonable naming tactic. I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      SCNL? Seems like a reasonable naming tactic. I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds.
      They should have gone for "Super Elite Select National Clubs League".

Comment

They should have gone for "Super Elite Select National Clubs League".
        A brilliant idea, hold my beet while i register the site and trademark the name! We are looking at millions here!

Comment

A brilliant idea, hold my beet while i register the site and trademark the name! We are looking at millions here!
          Hold on there. You have to have "Premier" in there somewhere.

Comment

Should have gone with “Elite Clubs Development Academy”

Comment

LMFAO that’s some funny stuff right there!

Comment

Hold on there. You have to have "Premier" in there somewhere.
                Dammit I submitted the trademarks already. I guess that ooens the door for another league! A rising tide indeed!

Comment

I blame social media. Timing wose it checks out, with the start of the real insanity being around 2007 or so. Parents became able to show off their kids on the internet in social media and sports people realized there was a desire for products that appear premier, so new leagues and clubs popped up to satisfy the demand. Coaches with accents, trophies at far away tournaments and much clout were achieved. Then more parents wanted in so they could show off their kids, too. So more coaches, more leagues, more clubs.

The same exact thing has happened in baseball, lacrosse and hockey. Basketball has its own aau issues, which its similar but with different money behind it.

Parents wanted luxury leagues to show off snd the market gave it to them. Now you can travel to random tournsmets and play big name club teams -and post on facebook. Congrats on beating FC Stars 8th team at the 09 age group! Smiles for the camera!!
                  You didnt get much props for this post, but the observations on posting/sharing and parents wanting to build klout is likely exactly right

Comment

Dammit I submitted the trademarks already. I guess that ooens the door for another league! A rising tide indeed!
                    I think every team should have its own elite league. Equality all around. Hell, maybe an elite league for every player.

Comment

Anyone else feel like one guy was having conversations with himself yesterday?

Comment

Anyone else feel like one guy was having conversations with himself yesterday?
                        Was he?

Comment

They changed the name. Added “showcase”. It’s now called the Select Clubs National Showcase League. Very exciting! Won’t be able to sleep tonight waiting for what comes next.

Comment

They changed the name. Added “showcase”. It’s now called the Select Clubs National Showcase League. Very exciting! Won’t be able to sleep tonight waiting for what comes next.
                            Is it me or are league now seeming like the alphabet soup of soccer camps now. I’m just waiting for the league to name itself Best Soccer league which you could call it the BSL which could then be called the bullsh!&& league which most of these leagues are.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X