New Guidelines - Same Rules for Out of State Travel/Teams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the just changed the date of revision. Wish they actually highlighted the changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I've toyed with the idea, but there are significant drawbacks. Retired military and was stationed in three different areas of Florida. They're all f-ing hot and gawd-awful humid for a lot of the year. Plus, if you want to live someplace nice-ish near a coast, you have to factor in the hurricanes. The lakes have f-ing alligators. And then there are the native Floridians. And tourists. Even with all that, I still go back and forth in my head.
      Costs a lot more to live on the coast also and in areas you'd want to live in. Besides the oppressive summer heat I find FL too boring to live in full time. Nice for vacation but pretty devoid of culture. Maybe if I were in retirement.
      My parents love it down there. FL man is a real thing also 😁

Comment

Open up interstate travel.

Comment

Teams will do what they did in the fall. Travel to CT or NH play game and come home and say if falls under the travel exception for people who work in a different state.

Comment

Teams will do what they did in the fall. Travel to CT or NH play game and come home and say if falls under the travel exception for people who work in a different state.
            Yes. Tournaments are absolutely happening this spring so Mass might as well get out in front of this and permit them as normal.

Comment

Yes. Tournaments are absolutely happening this spring so Mass might as well get out in front of this and permit them as normal.
              Seriously, it's an economic imperative at this point. How much MA/CT/RI money ended up in NH last fall because of MA restrictions that were based more on emotion than on science? How many dead kids, coaches, refs, etc., from those NH tournaments? None. By some of the talk on this board six months ago, you would've thought there would be whole teams dropping like flies if they dared to play in a tournament. It's time to get over the fear, put the panic behind us, and start living again.

Comment

Seriously, it's an economic imperative at this point. How much MA/CT/RI money ended up in NH last fall because of MA restrictions that were based more on emotion than on science? How many dead kids, coaches, refs, etc., from those NH tournaments? None. By some of the talk on this board six months ago, you would've thought there would be whole teams dropping like flies if they dared to play in a tournament. It's time to get over the fear, put the panic behind us, and start living again.
                It really is absurd. Just make the rule that you have to be there and back in <24 hours, in other words just for the event, grab some food for the road and go home. Even staying the night carries minimal risk (assuming you don't hang out with teammates, families) but that would at least ally most fears.

Comment

while I agree that one can safely attend tournaments in nearby states (and I have), it also isn't that hard to see why we have the travel restrictions at a macro level. Just look at hockey where they ABSOLUTELY had transmission clusters, primarily due to the lack of care before/after the games. Now scale that up to lots of soccer (and other sport teams) coming in and out of the state, hanging out in hotel rooms and restaurants and it isn't hard to see that getting out of control- and yo-yoing back to bite us (and maybe killing a few more grandfolks in the bargain)

my bigger gripe is that they don't loosen up the in-state tournament restrictions. that would be a baby step that they could take with confidence. Most/all of those are done as day trips and as such would be much less likely to spark clusters.

Comment

while I agree that one can safely attend tournaments in nearby states (and I have), it also isn't that hard to see why we have the travel restrictions at a macro level. Just look at hockey where they ABSOLUTELY had transmission clusters, primarily due to the lack of care before/after the games. Now scale that up to lots of soccer (and other sport teams) coming in and out of the state, hanging out in hotel rooms and restaurants and it isn't hard to see that getting out of control- and yo-yoing back to bite us (and maybe killing a few more grandfolks in the bargain)

my bigger gripe is that they don't loosen up the in-state tournament restrictions. that would be a baby step that they could take with confidence. Most/all of those are done as day trips and as such would be much less likely to spark clusters.
                    Soccer isn’t hockey. There are have been articles written that the hockey spread was due to the unique indoor airflow off the ice that made it much easier to spread the virus plus poor mask wearing by those at hockey games.

Anyway this will all be a mute point as more people get vaccinated and the number of hospitalizations and deaths drop over the next couple months, particularly amongst the elderly. My guess is these restrictions start to be lifted by April. Maybe not in time for the start of the season, but if tournaments can be re-scheduled later in the season none of this will be an issue.

Comment

Soccer isn’t hockey. There are have been articles written that the hockey spread was due to the unique indoor airflow off the ice that made it much easier to spread the virus plus poor mask wearing by those at hockey games.

Anyway this will all be a mute point as more people get vaccinated and the number of hospitalizations and deaths drop over the next couple months, particularly amongst the elderly. My guess is these restrictions start to be lifted by April. Maybe not in time for the start of the season, but if tournaments can be re-scheduled later in the season none of this will be an issue.
                      oh i agree that soccer isn't hockey, but...

i disagree that the cold air in the rink was the primary problem! rather it was the covid-denial that was pervasive throughout the hockey community. from coaches who refused to stop shaking hands to not stopping using the locker rooms to continued in person maskless social events before and after to actively trying to thwart contact tracing. but I'm sure they've cleaned all that up by now. hahaha

Comment

So many Mass. clubs announcing Tournaments beginning next month with pre-season ones and then Memorial Day Weekend ones. Tournaments.... definitely not going to be allowed given the current guidelines. False advertising all over again.

Comment

So let me get this correct ,criminals in prison, homeless and group home druggies get the vaccine on a silver platter, yet an 80 year old veteran cannot or has to wait 4 hrs in the cold and teachers can’t get it either ?.

Comment

So let me get this correct ,criminals in prison, homeless and group home druggies get the vaccine on a silver platter, yet an 80 year old veteran cannot or has to wait 4 hrs in the cold and teachers can’t get it either ?.
                            Yeah, that’s right. This is not a moronic morality play. It’s a vaccination program based on science and law. Prisons, homeless shelters, group homes (oh, and you conveniently forgot nursing homes, hospital staff, and first responders) got it first because it spreads easily thru those places/people. Your typical 80 year old or teacher is at home alone or with family members where spread should be far less risky if they are following CDC guidelines. Even teachers in school aren’t as exposed in a chaotic environment like a prison or homeless shelter where people are sleeping, showering, and eating together. Don’t worry more vaccinations are coming and I’m sure even cynics like you will eventually get one.

Comment

Hospital staff,first responders, nursing homes are obviously smart choices.What genius liberal mind thought of the others and not any retail worker for that matter people that are actually a benefit to society.

Comment

Hospital staff,first responders, nursing homes are obviously smart choices.What genius liberal mind thought of the others and not any retail worker for that matter people that are actually a benefit to society.
                                Maybe you should start a cottage industry making vaccines for these people in your home. Surely a genius like you could make the millions and millions of doses overnight to give to all the deserving people out there. Just stfu and wait your turn.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X