Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've had lots of GA parents, who are friends, call with questions and lots of concerns whether GA can even make it thru another uneven spring season. Most of the parents say the clubs are starting to blame covid as the excuse for the failure of the GAL. It definitely is a convenient excuse, but how come GAL will be the only soccer league that will go down-when it does. One parent even thinks that GAL will fold 1/2 way thru the spring. We shall see.
    curious did the parents say the GAL clubs will offer a refund if the league doesn't make it thru the spring or just offer a credit towards next years league whatever that may be? I'm betting it's the 2nd option.
    It's like old saying goes....fool me once your bad...fool me twice my bad. At this point for GAL clubs, and especially parents, its 1000%, GAL or bust! It's not going to end well. It really isn't.

Comment

curious did the parents say the GAL clubs will offer a refund if the league doesn't make it thru the spring or just offer a credit towards next years league whatever that may be? I'm betting it's the 2nd option.
      It's like old saying goes....fool me once your bad...fool me twice my bad. At this point for GAL clubs, and especially parents, its 1000%, GAL or bust! It's not going to end well. It really isn't.
      You're kidding right? No way a club gives you a refund nor should they. As a poster said above the league won't fall apart this spring. It might be lame and frustratingly poor, but teams will be playing. What happens after June? That's a different matter. I wouldn't sign anything until you know more

Comment

lol tell that to NEFC. Their parents are brainwashed into thinking GAL/DPL is the best league in the country....poor NEFC parents!!!!!
        What's the other option? They play where they are able to. NEFC DPL teams are better than Stars/Scorpions ECNL-R. nefc GAL v NECL..i don't know. Those Stars teams didn't do well at the last Florida showcase

Comment

Actually, it's going exactly as they said it would. Club has been up front over expectations on year 1 with the Covid situation, with goals and stretch goals on target.

Maybe give them a year to see how it goes before you finish the obituary you are chomping at the bit to write?

Comment

What's the other option? They play where they are able to. NEFC DPL teams are better than Stars/Scorpions ECNL-R. nefc GAL v NECL..i don't know. Those Stars teams didn't do well at the last Florida showcase
            Not a Stars parent, but many of the teams down in Sanford have been playing 11v11 soccer outside all year. Added, many of the teams were in states that didn't have lock downs and stupid rules changes because people got scared with Covid.

Given MA-based soccer players basically lost last spring season, the summer ID camp/tournament season, had to play ridiculous MIAA HS soccer, if they played, and are still dealing with mask rules and other issues regarding numbers and distancing today, it's a miracle MA-based teams did as well as they did down there (and not just Stars).

Not making excuses, but that's reality. We've been playing/training (or not) with a hand tied behind our back while the rest of the country for the most part is just playing and training as usual. Wouldn't base your decision to move to ECNL/leave GAL based on the performance of some teams at one tournament after a year of crap soccer...

Comment

https://public.totalglobalsports.com...0/college-list

ECNL Florida coach list from 30 days ago.
              Okie dokie so some idiot brought back Stars Florida post after 10 days .Right back at you!

Question : have all GA teams stranded at this pathetic tournament made it back home yet???

Comment

Not a Stars parent, but many of the teams down in Sanford have been playing 11v11 soccer outside all year. Added, many of the teams were in states that didn't have lock downs and stupid rules changes because people got scared with Covid.

Given MA-based soccer players basically lost last spring season, the summer ID camp/tournament season, had to play ridiculous MIAA HS soccer, if they played, and are still dealing with mask rules and other issues regarding numbers and distancing today, it's a miracle MA-based teams did as well as they did down there (and not just Stars).

Not making excuses, but that's reality. We've been playing/training (or not) with a hand tied behind our back while the rest of the country for the most part is just playing and training as usual. Wouldn't base your decision to move to ECNL/leave GAL based on the performance of some teams at one tournament after a year of crap soccer...
                My daughter is on one of the teams that supposedly did soooooooooooo horrible in Florida. After a loss that some of the girls took pretty hard, coach told them-"look, that team (from Texas who endured little to no stoppage from Covid) is in top form. They just came off their ECNL season, where they finished undefeated. This is maybe the 5th or 6th game you guys have played since Sanford last year. Don't beat yourselves up too badly, just know you have a lot of work to do as a team". I know the haters just want to hate, but that was good enough for me...

Comment

My daughter is on one of the teams that supposedly did soooooooooooo horrible in Florida. After a loss that some of the girls took pretty hard, coach told them-"look, that team (from Texas who endured little to no stoppage from Covid) is in top form. They just came off their ECNL season, where they finished undefeated. This is maybe the 5th or 6th game you guys have played since Sanford last year. Don't beat yourselves up too badly, just know you have a lot of work to do as a team". I know the haters just want to hate, but that was good enough for me...
                  Yup this was hashed out for many weeks. Just a few angry GA dads.

Comment

YES great news all clubs stranded for like a week at this dinky national showcase made it home safely. Next GA showcase- oh wait- there wont be another GA tournament- forget it.

Comment

YES great news all clubs stranded for like a week at this dinky national showcase made it home safely. Next GA showcase- oh wait- there wont be another GA tournament- forget it.
                      +10000

Sad how its last showcase ended in such disaster. But at least all made it home safely.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X