• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars blue

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Stars blue
      Ok, do a level or two below Surf’s top team.

Comment

Based on their performances in FL, maybe two levels below is more like it.

🤷🏻

Comment

Ok, do a level or two below Surf’s top team.
          Surf never beat anyone decent when they were GPS. Did the new uniforms change something?

Comment

Maybe Stars should change their uniforms too then.

Comment

Maybe Stars should change their uniforms too then.
              It must be awful spending so much time thinking about a club that your kid doesn’t play for. Pretty sad.

Comment

It must be awful spending so much time thinking about a club that your kid doesn’t play for. Pretty sad.
                Must be sad living vicariously through your kid.

Comment

Must be sad living vicariously through your kid.
                  I don’t.

But you seem to live vicariously through other people’s kids. Which is creepy.

Comment

Says the fake clubs that can't get in
                    Can’t get in? AS has his salary tied to growing the league. Anyone can get in, look who’s joined over the past 1-2 years. The concept is broken. When the club owners on the board dictate rules it has no chance to succeed

Comment

Can’t get in? AS has his salary tied to growing the league. Anyone can get in, look who’s joined over the past 1-2 years. The concept is broken. When the club owners on the board dictate rules it has no chance to succeed
                      Exactly. If the NEP had a brain and cared about the kids they would have allowed Surf, Juventus and seacoast ma in NEP. Terrible strategic move blocking them

Comment

The concept of NEP is, and has always been, to protect the big clubs. The clubs make the rules to help themselves and to hurt their competitors. The large clubs never vote against eachother effectively forming a cartel. They use the gullible small clubs to have the appearance of diverse teams/clubs to play. It was always a broken model based on profit and is unsustainable. NEP either changes the model (they won't) or fail (in process).

Comment

Exactly. If the NEP had a brain and cared about the kids they would have allowed Surf, Juventus and seacoast ma in NEP. Terrible strategic move blocking them
                          Those clubs have to apply in order to be reviewed to get in. I don't think Surf or Juve have applied to the NEP so how can you blame the NEP?

Seacoast Ma was not a NEP decision, it was a decision due to a legal battle between FCUSA staff (now at Seacoast MA) and Steel Utd. The NEP did not force them to leave / play elsewhere this current year. I would expect them to be back in the NEP for 2021-22.

Comment

Those clubs have to apply in order to be reviewed to get in. I don't think Surf or Juve have applied to the NEP so how can you blame the NEP?

Seacoast Ma was not a NEP decision, it was a decision due to a legal battle between FCUSA staff (now at Seacoast MA) and Steel Utd. The NEP did not force them to leave / play elsewhere this current year. I would expect them to be back in the NEP for 2021-22.
                            I'd guess that before Surf ever became Surf, the plan was in place to create NECSL and join EDP. These guys know each other well enough to know there'd be nothing but vindictiveness and NEP board members or whoever would say something like, "Screw those guys, what are they gonna do without us, where are they gonna play?" I'm guessing what surprised NEP the most was NECSL/EDP.

Comment

Why would Seacoast leave the EDP to join NEP?

Comment

The concept of NEP is, and has always been, to protect the big clubs. The clubs make the rules to help themselves and to hurt their competitors. The large clubs never vote against eachother effectively forming a cartel. They use the gullible small clubs to have the appearance of diverse teams/clubs to play. It was always a broken model based on profit and is unsustainable. NEP either changes the model (they won't) or fail (in process).
                                Geeze, with the exception of the gullible small clubs comment, I thought you were referring to ECNL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X