X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edp

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Go look at the EDP brackets, plenty of teams from these clubs in the top brackets. And when you say EDP promotes and relegates, will EDP relegate a CFC branch team or an FSA C team to some lower league if they come in last place? Perhaps the District travel league or the CJSA premier/ open roster league they are trying ( not very hard) to get off the ground? And would the first place finisher from that league be automatically promoted to the lowest division of EDP?

Does the EDP have the guts to do that or is it all about the money and not the kids?
    Click on the EDP conference brackets. None of those teams show up. Fairfield Premier maybe at ulittle ages. They all show up in the states leagues which is what swallowed up ccsl. Conference divisions turn down most teams. No one claims edp is competing with ecnl. Ecnl is clearly top dog but EDP has done a nice job being the next option and knocking out NPL. Lots of states leagues with a chance to move up to the conference.

Comment

Click on the EDP conference brackets. None of those teams show up. Fairfield Premier maybe at ulittle ages. They all show up in the states leagues which is what swallowed up ccsl. Conference divisions turn down most teams. No one claims edp is competing with ecnl. Ecnl is clearly top dog but EDP has done a nice job being the next option and knocking out NPL. Lots of states leagues with a chance to move up to the conference.
      The top 1-2 EDP brackets are generally quite good and the travel is very manageable compared to NPL, ECLR and GAL. Many top EDP teams can gives teams in those leagues a run for their money. You don't have to be in a pricey, time consuming travel league to get some good soccer.

Comment

Theres two 07 ECNL players that went straight from CT to ECNL. Theres also one 08 that went straight from CT to ECNL and thats just off the top of my head

Comment

Coincidentally all 3 of those players played for MH at FSA. He is either doing a great job or you are correct maybe the staff is not accuratly evaluating all the players.

Comment

I read these threads all the time. I see MH name often. My kids at another club. Who is this coach?

Comment

I read these threads all the time. I see MH name often. My kids at another club. Who is this coach?
              Mr Handy

Comment

EDP is doing the smart thing in a pandemic by keeping games local.
                That's an asinine statement. Idiotic MA restrictions forced EDP to fence off MA on its own and have CT and RI play each other.

ThE sMaRt ThInG iN a PaNdEmIc, indeed. A year's worth of data and zero evidence that playing soccer spreads the virus. If it did, all of New England would be dead from everyone gathering together in NH for tournaments.

Comment

Mr Handy
                  Jack Handy? Inspirational.

When you die, if you go somewhere where they ask you a bunch of questions about your life and what you learned and all, I think a good way to get out of it is just to say, "No speaka English.
                  -JH

Comment

As I have mentioned before, I have 2 kids that have played for MH. They both loved him. Both of my kids were eventually moved up to regional. He has done this for many players over the years. Do the club coaches always get it right or wrong? Certainly not. But seeing that he has had many players go from CT to regional and even a few from CT to ECNL I tend to believe it's more him and not just the club getting it wrong.

Comment

Your first point is so ridiculous, I won't even address it.

If you have teams that don't fit the EDP criteria, you can play in CJSA. What you are asking is that EDP change to fit you but you're the one that wants EDP, not the other way around. If you want access get your club up to standard.

It may also interest you to know that EDP has non-profit clubs playing in it and there are some volunteer coaches and DoC's involved. The barrier for entry has nothing to do with the fees that you charge your players or the employment terms of your staff. It's all to do with qualifications, access to facilities and the overall environment you are capable of creating for your kids and the other clubs kids.

Every other industry has professional standards. This one is no different.
                      Totally false. We were told flat out that you will not be admitted because the non town based premier clubs do not want to play your team and teams like you, because it is bad for their financial situation .

Comment

Your first point is so ridiculous, I won't even address it.

If you have teams that don't fit the EDP criteria, you can play in CJSA. What you are asking is that EDP change to fit you but you're the one that wants EDP, not the other way around. If you want access get your club up to standard.

It may also interest you to know that EDP has non-profit clubs playing in it and there are some volunteer coaches and DoC's involved. The barrier for entry has nothing to do with the fees that you charge your players or the employment terms of your staff. It's all to do with qualifications, access to facilities and the overall environment you are capable of creating for your kids and the other clubs kids.

Every other industry has professional standards. This one is no different.
                        Ha! this guy shows his true colors by referring to youth soccer as an " industry" . What a tool .

Comment

MH is a CT coach I mean how good could he really be?

Comment

MH is a CT coach I mean how good could he really be?
                            He's not and he's a total tool.

Comment

Haha.....

Comment

At least he cares and is invested. I honestly cant say that about some of the other including my kids coach at FSA

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X