Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Select the most expensive club in MA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The problem with all the clubs and all these leagues is nobody really cares about the kids anymore it’s all about the $$$ for them. If it really was about the kids then there would be just 1 league and club fees would be low.
    That’s the problem with clubs getting together and making new leagues. They can make money from club fees ( some very high) and now they can put all their teams into their own league and make more money from that so they are basically double dipping and the problem is us parents full for it and keep paying. Clubs all promote players first, players developed, girl power it’s all BS. They should just be honest and say GIVE ME YOUR MONEY.
    If you read between the lines - they are saying that....yet we keep paying.

Comment

The problem with all the clubs and all these leagues is nobody really cares about the kids anymore it’s all about the $$$ for them. If it really was about the kids then there would be just 1 league and club fees would be low.
      That’s the problem with clubs getting together and making new leagues. They can make money from club fees ( some very high) and now they can put all their teams into their own league and make more money from that so they are basically double dipping and the problem is us parents full for it and keep paying. Clubs all promote players first, players developed, girl power it’s all BS. They should just be honest and say GIVE ME YOUR MONEY.
      Hey - SSS is just going to be a regular NPL club after this spring. Top teams will be NPL teams. Nothing more. What a joke! Screw all the parents while the owner makes millions. Great club SSS!

Comment

Hey - SSS is just going to be a regular NPL club after this spring. Top teams will be NPL teams. Nothing more. What a joke! Screw all the parents while the owner makes millions. Great club SSS!
        Well alrighty then at least someone is making good money over at select! What does she care what league her teams play in or if the parents are mad because every year they are changing leagues, if you know they will keep paying your million dollar salary.

Comment

Well it looks more promising than before as it looks like NEFC is putting on a huge push to get back into ECNL. While LL has gone all in for NPL, NEFC wants back into ECNL. Of course the odds are still against them getting back in, but they are actually making some decent progress this time. If NEFC leaves Select in the dust and somehow gets in for next year then that will be the end of Select as a Massachusetts soccer power. They will go back to being a good NPL regional club and that's it. The days of being compared to NEFC, Stars and Scorpions will be over. There is nothing wrong with playing in the NPL, but top players don't go to Select to just play in the NPL. The next thread will change from why is select so expensive to why are the top players leaving select?

Comment

Hypothetically, if NEFC gets ECNL (which I very much doubt) what do the top players at Select do?

Stay on and play NPL? Doubt it.

Leave for ECNL? (FC Stars, Scorpions, NEFC).
            FC Stars (Lancaster) is too far for most south shore families, as is NEFC (Mendon). In a weird way I could see Scorpions (Taunton) getting a big influx of SSS players looking for ECNL and actually strengthening from NEFC’s addition to the league.

Comment

pure power move by LL to gain complete control of NPL at the expense of longtime loyal parents. I'm sure there are lots of trolls on this thread since the beginning, but I am not one of them. Almost every year in the past 4 years my daughter is playing in another league at select. Every fall there is a meeting with players and parents and coaches and LL how DPL is the future of club soccer......until it isn't I guess.
              I want my 3+ hours back that LL wasted having these meetings. On and on how great DPL is. Can someone please tell me in what universe NPL is a better league than DPL? A bunch of parents have emailed select asking for a refund as the club offered my daughter a position on the DPL team. Yes basically same teams but my question is will select parents continue to pay top dollar to become a JAC that plays in the NPL?

Comment

Leaving for ECNL-R. Buh bye!

Comment

Select is a joke now. I will say that it used to be worth it as we’ve been there for 6 years but this will be our last. They used to do a lot in terms of training, extra programs, club events, etc. However as I look at it now, it’s obvious about just taking the money of anyone that will give it to them. It used to be family, and I really mean that. The girls got along, parents got along, and I feel like my daughters were learning more than just soccer and they were making friends for life. Over the past few years it’s drastically changed. They take any kid/family on that wants to pay them. The number of girls on teams keeps increasing and there’s pretty much no rules anymore. When we first started, you couldn’t miss practice, wearing the right uniform was imperative, being a “kiss ass” wasn’t tolerated, and you had to work hard to make the team. Now I see girls being passed over for the chance to move up because a new family from GPS, NEFC, Scorpions, etc... is willing to pay money to be on a top team, girls show up in the wrong practice uniform or wear whatever color UA they want under their uniform on game days, girls not showing up to practice but still get to play in games, and just nobody gets along anymore. Not just my daughters teams either, club wide. They let this happen when they lost the close knit family aspect.
                  The price went up in a year when families were out of work and they cut down on training/offerings, they didn’t reimburse anything for last year (even though they say they did), we paid for tournaments that never happened and never got money back, they force you to do an “indoor league” which is composed of 7 games in a two week span so they can have another indoor season right after to charge more money, and they started a futsal club which you had to pay for as opposed to offering futsal like they used to.
                  The facility is a joke. The building is dirts, bathrooms constantly smell like septic is backed up, the roof leaks, they installed the turf themselves and I’m shocked more people haven’t been hurt on it, the parking lot is full of potholes and not even lit at night, and given the times, there’s no way they aren’t overcrowded. How has the BOH not shut them down?
                  I’m sure the price will go up as it’s done every year since we’ve been there but enough is enough for us. Sorry Select, you’re losing people/followers and you apparently don’t care because you’re gaining $$$$. Hate to tell you, it won’t last forever. I love my girls and want them to be happy, which is why we’ve stayed. Sad to say, even they see the downfall of the club now, which makes it easy to go.
                  You know you’re not leaving. LL has brainwashed you. Why else would you put up with the club and its facilities?

Comment

You know you’re not leaving. LL has brainwashed you. Why else would you put up with the club and its facilities?
                    and now with an entire region from NEFC coming over to select for the fall to steal playing time. Fun times at select!

Comment

and now with an entire region from NEFC coming over to select for the fall to steal playing time. Fun times at select!
                      Not that familiar with the girls side of club soccer but why would they move to Select? It doesn't seem like a better option.

Comment

pure power move by LL to gain complete control of NPL at the expense of longtime loyal parents. I'm sure there are lots of trolls on this thread since the beginning, but I am not one of them. Almost every year in the past 4 years my daughter is playing in another league at select. Every fall there is a meeting with players and parents and coaches and LL how DPL is the future of club soccer......until it isn't I guess.
                        I want my 3+ hours back that LL wasted having these meetings. On and on how great DPL is. Can someone please tell me in what universe NPL is a better league than DPL? A bunch of parents have emailed select asking for a refund as the club offered my daughter a position on the DPL team. Yes basically same teams but my question is will select parents continue to pay top dollar to become a JAC that plays in the NPL?
                        yes, move on. Those SSS DPL teams were not that good anyway. good luck!.

Comment

Then leave! Or, are you being held hostage? It isn't a democracy where everyone has a say. It is a BUSINESS! You pay for a service, if you don't like that service then don't pay for it. Go find somewhere else to play.

Comment

Serious question for select parents- what league does select’s GA teams move to when GA goes away this spring? Do they also go down to NPL? For all that is said about select this is going to be a total and utter disaster for the top girls at select.

Comment

Impact NPL rocks!!
                              Im sure the coaches at select are already pitching this NPL league is already better than GA.

Comment

Serious question for select parents- what league does select’s GA teams move to when GA goes away this spring? Do they also go down to NPL? For all that is said about select this is going to be a total and utter disaster for the top girls at select.
                                Any danger of you going away this spring?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X