Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You may also want to look into signing up for the town team. Lots of kids do both club and town, the schedules usually work out. More soccer and a way to meet local kids.
    At the risk of being called a troll again- what are town teams? Not a thing here. Like town parks and rec? We definitely want our kids to meet other local kids.

Are there any forums or places I can ask questions, but where no one is anonymous? Good Facebook groups?

Comment

Google a town name and youth soccer
      https://www.abys.org/

Two leagues, BAYS and MYSL. Western suburbs mostly BAYS.
      https://bays.org/bays/organizations/view/ACT

Comment

Once you know where you are going to be, ask again. Look at where the team will practice and think about whether that works for you.

NEFC, Surf, FC Stars are the bigger clubs west of Boston. Valeo in Newton is a smaller club.

Comment

Unfortunately there really isn't another message board for youth soccer. U9 is very young. When your son is a bit older the digital magazine NEW ENGLAND SOCCER JOURNAL is a resource (don't jump on me people -- it does cost something like $90/year, but there's nowhere else that covers high school, prep school, and soccer).

Comment

Unfortunately there really isn't another message board for youth soccer. U9 is very young. When your son is a bit older the digital magazine NEW ENGLAND SOCCER JOURNAL is a resource (don't jump on me people -- it does cost something like $90/year, but there's nowhere else that covers high school, prep school, and *soccer).
            *college soccer

Comment

OP here. Thanks all. We aren’t moving until May so can’t really observe - tho we’ll come out for tryouts. Will any clubs/coaches be willing to watch my kid play before then? We’d come out for that. It’s really a mental health issue for him - it’s his passion, outlet, all the things, and part of the “we’re ripping you away from all you know” deal is finding a good club. Here for under U12 you don’t get coaching assignments until after tryouts so it’s really a matter of finding a good club rather than coach. Help to have his current coaches (that we love) call clubs? Hate to play politics but hey.
              Lots and lots of politics in Massachusetts. Take your time and find the right club. It will make your life alot easier.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X