Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has MAYS (Midland Area Youth Soccer) decided if they are starting back up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has MAYS (Midland Area Youth Soccer) decided if they are starting back up?

Hello
    I have a child playing in the MAYS (Midland Area Youth Soccer) for town competitive soccer. Any word if the town leagues will resume soon?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello
    I have a child playing in the MAYS (Midland Area Youth Soccer) for town competitive soccer. Any word if the town leagues will resume soon?
    It depends on availability of fields, safety guidance from Mass Youth Soccer and ability of teams/boards to adapt to the "new normal."

Comment

I have been paying attention to surrounding states and soccer in general starting up. MA seems to be a little be later than most states but likely due to us being more affected by COVID. However soccer fields are in abundance in MA from towns, high schools, colleges and parks. It's a soccer state. I do believe the people in charge are trying to get us back up and running again. the biggest concern has been liability. If parents agree to sign waivers just as you would for any youth program, the towns should be covered. I admit I am way more concerned about EEE on the soccer fields than COVID so I hope we get started sooner than later. Our kids are much more at risk of getting EEE in the fall than CoVID in the summer.

Comment

It depends on availability of fields, safety guidance from Mass Youth Soccer and ability of teams/boards to adapt to the "new normal."
        There are quite a few towns who have closed fields for the summer.

Comment

There are quite a few towns who have closed fields for the summer.
          So then you reopen them. Not hard. If you can reopen a restaurant you can certainly reopen a field. Next excuse?

Comment

Hello
            Why not just ask your coach or your town?
            Some town leagues have officially canceled their season and have give back the towns team fees. If that’s the case I find it hard to think that they will play.

Comment

I don't want to bother the volunteer coaches since they aren't in charge. They would likely get back on the field if they had permission. Most fees were not returned they were credited to the fall season, so credit it to the summer season and then register again for the fall. Easy peasy. Other states are doing it. Look around the country.

Comment

So then you reopen them. Not hard. If you can reopen a restaurant you can certainly reopen a field. Next excuse?
                May not be an excuse. Some towns may not want to open fields for organized activity’s. Meaning they don’t want to give permits to team sports. I assume there’s still going to be restrictions on crowd size and player space and all they fun stuff. So do towns/leagues want to sit at every game and take a head count and if there’s to many fans start kicking people out.

Also like you pointed out restaurant can reopen but there are still restrictions it’s not like they are going to full capacity right away. So some towns may just want till the fall and see what happens till then.

Comment

They do not have to have games. They can just get teams together to practice and be outdoors. Games can be phased in later but at least let the kids practice and have scrimmages on the same team. That what most states started with. Games are added later.

Comment

They do not have to have games. They can just get teams together to practice and be outdoors. Games can be phased in later but at least let the kids practice and have scrimmages on the same team. That what most states started with. Games are added later.
                    Phase 2 preliminary guidance was issued on May 18. No more than 10 kids, social distancing, no scrimmages/games, etc. State is expecting to issue more detailed guidance by the end of this week.

Phase 3 expected to allow scrimmages/games is expected on or about June 28.

What's the point of debating something when we already know the phases, general parameters of each phase, etc. ?

Some kids also play baseball which is expected to start practice next week. Not every kid is going to come back for the initial phase of soccer, particularly if it entails solely of working out in your own personal 10' by 10 ' square.

Comment

Phase 2 preliminary guidance was issued on May 18. No more than 10 kids, social distancing, no scrimmages/games, etc. State is expecting to issue more detailed guidance by the end of this week.

Phase 3 expected to allow scrimmages/games is expected on or about June 28.

What's the point of debating something when we already know the phases, general parameters of each phase, etc. ?

Some kids also play baseball which is expected to start practice next week. Not every kid is going to come back for the initial phase of soccer, particularly if it entails solely of working out in your own personal 10' by 10 ' square.
                      Strange. RI can have 14 kids and one coach wonder why less in MA.

Comment

Strange. RI can have 14 kids and one coach wonder why less in MA.
                        Science!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X