Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    are you saying this because you're pouting or upset? Was you son/daughter cut from their team, not enough playing time, or your team was defeated by Bayside? Because bayside is easily the best team in RI all ages
    You made my point! Thank you!

Having the best teams in RI has literally nothing to do with development and everything to do with recruiting. The problem is that you quite obviously don't understand the difference.

Actually my player moved to a top club in Massachusetts because there weren't any clubs in RI that even knew what development meant.

Bruno is as lazy and laid back as a summer camp. They are town soccer with expensive uniforms. So bad, honestly. Just a laugh.

GPS RI is a scam. Some good coaches. Some bad coaches. Poor management, policies and structure. All about $$.

Bayside has always been a collection of talented players with substandard coaching. They are the classic recruiting club. They offer zero development. They just want your money.

We were at Bayside and my child was a top player, but we eventually saw through the club. We left to go to a club that actually develops its players.

Comment

We also had to leave RI to find a club that focuses more on Player development .
      The towns in RI struggle with this too. Most just want to win. We only see development on the town level in Lincoln and that’s because they work with Liverpool who focuses mainly on development however Liverpool is still new in RI and we wanted a more experienced club in this region, NEFC central. We ended up having to do a bit more driving into MA to find a team that offers competition and player development.

Comment

No I don’t think they are wrong or should go away. I think they are too small to be attractive to the competitive players. They are a dead end on the girls side too. But if they were bigger, had more resources to hire good coaches and start a year round development academy then they’d have a chance.
        Are they not the only show in town now?
        Do agree on bad parents, forced them into a home field cage bad.

Comment

Are you posting this as a parent, a competitor, or a disinterested observer?
          Sounds like SC, DY, and other SC minions are creating a BS thread! Nice try losers! Maybe your time would be better spent talking legal strategy with your coach's lawyers.

Comment

We also had to leave RI to find a club that focuses more on Player development .
            The towns in RI struggle with this too. Most just want to win. We only see development on the town level in Lincoln and that’s because they work with Liverpool who focuses mainly on development however Liverpool is still new in RI and we wanted a more experienced club in this region, NEFC central. We ended up having to do a bit more driving into MA to find a team that offers competition and player development.
            There are some good town programs that develop players. Lincoln because of Liverpool? Give me a break. There are some really stupid people on this thread.

Comment

Sounds like SC, DY, and other SC minions are creating a BS thread! Nice try losers! Maybe your time would be better spent talking legal strategy with your coach's lawyers.
              Yup, looks like smurf recruiting is not going well. Not surprised with the league they will be in.
              They will be in a lower league than ccl.

Comment

I’m an NEFC Parent and not Surf. If it makes you feel better that Bayside is getting called out and you call everyone a Smurf fine, but we all need to clear the air in terms of Bayside. Truths

Comment

There are some good town programs that develop players. Lincoln because of Liverpool? Give me a break. There are some really stupid people on this thread.
                  Not the OP, but if you haven’t experienced development the Liverpool Way, then I suggest you bring your kid to a training session.

When was the last time your player had a complete written coaching evaluation covering the five aspects of player development in detail along with next steps as part of a long term development philosophy? We do them mid year as part of our coaching. When was the last time your player had tactical classroom sessions in addition to regular training? I do them with my 11v11 teams, using Liverpool 1st team footage.

Our curriculum follows that established by the Academy in England, sessions are built online and posted for review by Liverpool staff here and in the UK and follow a tried and true formula, but are individualized for team, age and level. All our coaches go through accreditation with Liverpool in addition to licensing with US Soccer. Many also coach high school and some coach college. We actually follow the core values of Liverpool, Commitment, Dignity, Ambition, and Unity in everything we do on the pitch.

I won’t denigrate other club programs in RI and MA and if you are happy with them or their coaches, stay with them. Just don’t think we are all the same. We take our commitment to players and families seriously.

Comment

Not the OP, but if you haven’t experienced development the Liverpool Way, then I suggest you bring your kid to a training session.

When was the last time your player had a complete written coaching evaluation covering the five aspects of player development in detail along with next steps as part of a long term development philosophy? We do them mid year as part of our coaching. When was the last time your player had tactical classroom sessions in addition to regular training? I do them with my 11v11 teams, using Liverpool 1st team footage.

Our curriculum follows that established by the Academy in England, sessions are built online and posted for review by Liverpool staff here and in the UK and follow a tried and true formula, but are individualized for team, age and level. All our coaches go through accreditation with Liverpool in addition to licensing with US Soccer. Many also coach high school and some coach college. We actually follow the core values of Liverpool, Commitment, Dignity, Ambition, and Unity in everything we do on the pitch.

I won’t denigrate other club programs in RI and MA and if you are happy with them or their coaches, stay with them. Just don’t think we are all the same. We take our commitment to players and families seriously.
                    Oy. All that is missing is the "I will not walk alone" theme music. On the flip side, if you are with Surf and EDP league ends up being crap. And Bayside won't take you, I think Liverpool becomes a good second option. Wow, I would never have thought those words would come out of my mouth. Is it 5:00 yet?

Comment

Oy. All that is missing is the "I will not walk alone" theme music. On the flip side, if you are with Surf and EDP league ends up being crap. And Bayside won't take you, I think Liverpool becomes a good second option. Wow, I would never have thought those words would come out of my mouth. Is it 5:00 yet?
                      I think JT smells blood in the water! Cue the music from Jaws!

Comment

Yes!!!!
                        It’s pretty impressive. If you want your kid can train all week long and the coaches check their egos at the door. Class act. I’m impressed however we made the hard choice to leave. Not because they aren’t great, but because being new to the area and my kid entering middle school I wanted to be sure I was with a super competitive program who at the time was DA bound but who knows now. I like Liverpool in RI for our kids up until middle school but then we need a stronger program for high school that leads to ECNL or something, although playing for England’s first team would be an amazing goal for any kid. I think Liverpool has all the right stuff they just need a bit more to keep kids in high school. I think they will soon. Until then we are an NEFC family.

Comment

Appreciate the “support”, even if it was reluctant. We all want strong clubs in the area, including Bayside. We play Bayside teams at some ages in NPL and NEP. We all need competition to develop our players, and that means multiple clubs fielding teams to play each other. I for one hope Bayside continues as a competitor, even of it means my teams might not be as strong as they could be.

Comment

Yes!!!!
                            It’s pretty impressive. If you want your kid can train all week long and the coaches check their egos at the door. Class act. I’m impressed however we made the hard choice to leave. Not because they aren’t great, but because being new to the area and my kid entering middle school I wanted to be sure I was with a super competitive program who at the time was DA bound but who knows now. I like Liverpool in RI for our kids up until middle school but then we need a stronger program for high school that leads to ECNL or something, although playing for England’s first team would be an amazing goal for any kid. I think Liverpool has all the right stuff they just need a bit more to keep kids in high school. I think they will soon. Until then we are an NEFC family.
                            It takes time to build teams, especially at the older ages. It’s one reason why Surf recruited coaches who can bring over full teams, as it takes time and energy to develop and they need the revenue and competitive teams now to build a reputation.

We are developing starting at the younger ages and slowly building up teams at the older ages, but it will take time to offer in this area what established clubs like Bayside or NEFC Central can offer now, especially with many of our older teams being based in Plymouth/Carver

Glad to hear you had a good experience and good luck on your next steps.

Glad to hear your child had a good experience. Good luck with the next steps.

Comment

Appreciate the “support”, even if it was reluctant. We all want strong clubs in the area, including Bayside. We play Bayside teams at some ages in NPL and NEP. We all need competition to develop our players, and that means multiple clubs fielding teams to play each other. I for one hope Bayside continues as a competitor, even of it means my teams might not be as strong as they could be.
                              At least you brought development into the discussion JT. I think this move with Surf blowing up NEFC SE has little to do with development and the sniping between parents and coaches going on trying to move top players is counterproductive as well. I hope you pickup a few common sense stragglers and eventually base one of your top DPL teams in RI.

Comment

Liverpool is going to be a force in a few years. The young boys and girls in RI are getting excellent training.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X