Hands up dont shoot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former Defense Secretary James Mattis Blasts Trump For Violating Constitution

The adults are deciding they can no longer remain silent

"When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside."

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children"

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...stitution.html

Comment

Peaceful protesters vs. violent anarchists

3 self-proclaimed members of the far-right "boogaloo" movement were arrested on domestic terrorism charges for trying to spark violence during protests
      https://www.businessinsider.com/3-bo...spiracy-2020-6

One of the best unintended outcomes of these protests is that the narrative surrounding protesters/rioters/looters is finally changing. For decades the accepted narrative that the police and media have spun is that protesters turn violent, become rioters, and end up looting. Nobody has ever pushed back against this narrative.

Finally, now that everyone has a camera in their pocket, we're seeing what's actually happening. The truth is that the protesters are peaceful, and the looters are entirely separate groups taking advantage of the situation. Even when agents provocateur try to incite violence, as seen in this article, the protesters shut them down.

Right-wing propagandists would have you believe that "the left" approves of this violence or is actually causing it. Don't fall for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        3 self-proclaimed members of the far-right "boogaloo" movement were arrested on domestic terrorism charges for trying to spark violence during protests

One of the best unintended outcomes of these protests is that the narrative surrounding protesters/rioters/looters is finally changing. For decades the accepted narrative that the police and media have spun is that protesters turn violent, become rioters, and end up looting. Nobody has ever pushed back against this narrative.

Finally, now that everyone has a camera in their pocket, we're seeing what's actually happening. The truth is that the protesters are peaceful, and the looters are entirely separate groups taking advantage of the situation. Even when agents provocateur try to incite violence, as seen in this article, the protesters shut them down.

Right-wing propagandists would have you believe that "the left" approves of this violence or is actually causing it. Don't fall for it.
        Boogaloo bois aren't the only right wing groups trying to infiltrate the protests https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...loyd-protests/

Comment

2 more NYC cops were shot last night and 1 stabbed. Keep spreading the peace!

Comment

2 more NYC cops were shot last night and 1 stabbed. Keep spreading the peace!
            While the incident occurred after the city's 8 p.m. curfew, it was not believed to be connected to any ongoing protests.
            https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...olice/2446200/

More evidence that the violence is not coming from people protesting the George Floyd tragedy. Thank you for helping to prove my point.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2751357]While the incident occurred after the city's 8 p.m. curfew, it was not believed to be connected to any ongoing protests.

More evidence that the violence is not coming from people protesting the George Floyd tragedy. Thank you for helping to prove

Cherry-picking the news, again? Here are some excerpts from your posted article. Think about this genius, if these cop didn’t have to be on “anti-looting” patrol, maybe they wouldn’t have been attacked. Another peaceful night in NYC.

Three NYPD officers were hospitalized after what Commissioner Dermot Shea described as a "cowardly and unprovoked" assault. A terror-linked motivation is currently one theory for what may have happened, though nothing has been ruled in or out, the sources said. The assault happened during the seventh night of citywide -- and nationwide -- protests over police and race relations.

Two officers had been on anti-looting patrol near Church and Flatbush avenues around 11:45 p.m. when law enforcement officials say the 20-year-old suspect slashed one of the cops in the neck with a knife.

Comment

While the incident occurred after the city's 8 p.m. curfew, it was not believed to be connected to any ongoing protests.

More evidence that the violence is not coming from people protesting the George Floyd tragedy. Thank you for helping to prove

Cherry-picking the news, again? Here are some excerpts from your posted article. Think about this genius, if these cop didn’t have to be on “anti-looting” patrol, maybe they wouldn’t have been attacked. Another peaceful night in NYC.

Three NYPD officers were hospitalized after what Commissioner Dermot Shea described as a "cowardly and unprovoked" assault. A terror-linked motivation is currently one theory for what may have happened, though nothing has been ruled in or out, the sources said. The assault happened during the seventh night of citywide -- and nationwide -- protests over police and race relations.

Two officers had been on anti-looting patrol near Church and Flatbush avenues around 11:45 p.m. when law enforcement officials say the 20-year-old suspect slashed one of the cops in the neck with a knife.
                Nothing in that hot mess (please learn how to quote a post properly) refutes my claim that the violent offenders are not there to protest the George Floyd tragedy. Those people have a very different agenda. Recent violent behavior and instigation of violent behavior have been tied to the Boogaloo movement and white supremacists. That's not to say that other groups aren't involved either, I just haven't seen proof of that yet.

Comment

Nothing in that hot mess (please learn how to quote a post properly) refutes my claim that the violent offenders are not there to protest the George Floyd tragedy. Those people have a very different agenda. Recent violent behavior and instigation of violent behavior have been tied to the Boogaloo movement and white supremacists. That's not to say that other groups aren't involved either, I just haven't seen proof of that yet.
                  So let me get this straight. The dozens and dozens of videos of people getting the shît kicked out of them, elderly stores owners getting beat with boards and sticks isn’t proof for you? How bout the videos of smashing windows out of blocks of businesses and looting TV’s, Air Jordons, jewelry, etc..Still no proof? How bout the videos of cop cars torched and fire trucks being pelted with bricks and rock? Still no proof? You see there is narrative and the truth. A previous poster made mention of phone video. He’s right. We’re getting the firsthand truth. You know me, I’ll be happy to post them. I’m sorry that doesn’t seem to support your libtard narrative and rhetoric.

Comment

Just finished watching the national press conference where the director of the FBI, Christopher Wray, singled out ANTIFA as a acting terrorist group causing much of the violence across the country. When did ANTIFA become White Supremacists? Do you think the FBI knows more than we do?

Comment

So let me get this straight. The dozens and dozens of videos of people getting the shît kicked out of them, elderly stores owners getting beat with boards and sticks isn’t proof for you? How bout the videos of smashing windows out of blocks of businesses and looting TV’s, Air Jordons, jewelry, etc..Still no proof? How bout the videos of cop cars torched and fire trucks being pelted with bricks and rock? Still no proof? You see there is narrative and the truth. A previous poster made mention of phone video. He’s right. We’re getting the firsthand truth. You know me, I’ll be happy to post them. I’m sorry that doesn’t seem to support your libtard narrative and rhetoric.
                      Once again, nothing you said refutes my claim. Maybe you should read it again.

Comment

Once again, nothing you said refutes my claim. Maybe you should read it again.
                        Except the part you say there’s no proof anybody else but White Supremacy is behind the violence. Check out the FBI press conference and you’ll see there’s a whole big world outside CNN. Narrow minds with narrow views.

Comment

Just finished watching the national press conference where the director of the FBI, Christopher Wray, singled out ANTIFA as a acting terrorist group causing much of the violence across the country. When did ANTIFA become White Supremacists? Do you think the FBI knows more than we do?
                          I'm sure trump's hand-picked FBI director (which we now know requires a "loyalty oath") wouldn't blindly repeat trump's talking points now, would he?

The white house already had to walk back a tweet blaming antifa for a setup that turned out to be a security barrier for a Jewish community center:
                          https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-...n-antifa-setup

They are so desperate to point the finger at their enemies that they resorted to outright lies.

Comment

Except the part you say there’s no proof anybody else but White Supremacy is behind the violence. Check out the FBI press conference and you’ll see there’s a whole big world outside CNN. Narrow minds with narrow views.
                            So where is that proof? Or can you tell someone's motivations and organizational connections by looking at their face on a video? SMH

Please tell me you're not taking trump's hand-picked FBI director's word for it that an imaginary organization is behind the attacks, or I might fall off my chair laughing.

Comment

More evidence that the violence is not coming from people protesting the George Floyd tragedy. Thank you for helping to prove my point.
                              Yes it happened in a quiet area where there was no protesters. Not for nothing but there's some cra cra people in NYC. FOX was screaming about it last night then suddenly stopped. Their chiron said "Chaos Sweeps Across America " whe other networks showed peaceful marches in multiple cities

Comment

Yes it happened in a quiet area where there was no protesters. Not for nothing but there's some cra cra people in NYC. FOX was screaming about it last night then suddenly stopped. Their chiron said "Chaos Sweeps Across America " whe other networks showed peaceful marches in multiple cities
                                It's almost like Fox News is deliberately trying to sow division and chaos. Their masters would be pleased.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X