X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL doesn’t cost 10k a year.
    2 showcases and playoffs, all with airfare- $1200 x 3 (actually more but I’ll be conservative).
    3 weekend overnights of travel- $400 X 3 including food, gas, hotel, tolls
    Gas for my 3 hour round trip drive to practice 3 times per week- $800
    Club fee- $3000
    Team party fee- $300
    Uniform- $300
    The “every other forward is doing private lessons so mine should too” cost- $400

Total: $9600

If you want to bring mom along to see her kid play in Cali it’s more. If you work and don’t have time to prepare meals for every 3 hour road trip to practice, and therefore hit up Dunkin or Panera it’s more. Those acting like $10,000 or $12,000 or more isn’t reality probably haven’t played ECNL long enough. It gets expensive fast.

Comment

2 showcases and playoffs, all with airfare- $1200 x 3 (actually more but I’ll be conservative).
      Club fee- $3000
      Team party fee- $300
      Uniform- $300
      The “every other forward is doing private lessons so mine should too” cost- $400

If you want to bring mom along to see her kid play in Cali it’s more. If you work and don’t have time to prepare meals for every 3 hour road trip to practice, and therefore hit up Dunkin or Panera it’s more. Those acting like $10,000 or $12,000 or more isn’t reality probably haven’t played ECNL long enough. It gets expensive fast.
      ECNL is great if you can afford it, if your work schedule allows that kind of travel, if you live within an hour of an ECNL club. It’s just not possible for everyone, talented or not.

Comment

Club fee- $3000
        Team party fee- $300
        Uniform- $300

“Team party fee”? Really? Pretty sure that’s a town soccer thing. Lol

Comment

“Team party fee”? Really? Pretty sure that’s a town soccer thing. Lol
          So you don’t have to hand over money for team pizza at an overnight showcase? You don’t have to contribute to coach travel to a showcase? You aren’t asked to contribute to a coach gift at year end? I’ve spent many years between 2 of the big few clubs in MA and this was standard at both.

Comment

So you don’t have to hand over money for team pizza at an overnight showcase? You don’t have to contribute to coach travel to a showcase? You aren’t asked to contribute to a coach gift at year end? I’ve spent many years between 2 of the big few clubs in MA and this was standard at both.
            Never paid for coach travel at our ECNL club. If my kid does dinner with teammates, of course we pay—she would be eating regardless. And I choose to contribute to a year end gift for the coach (and team manager) just like I would if she played town soccer (this is totally optional—not everyone participates, which is fine). Which 2 big clubs have you been associated with?

Comment

Coach gift? What a sucker..... still sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about

Comment

Never paid for coach travel at our ECNL club. If my kid does dinner with teammates, of course we pay—she would be eating regardless. And I choose to contribute to a year end gift for the coach (and team manager) just like I would if she played town soccer (this is totally optional—not everyone participates, which is fine). Which 2 big clubs have you been associated with?
                Please. You paid for coaches travel, it’s just baked into the price. Some clubs do it separately, many figure it into club fees.

Comment

Please. You paid for coaches travel, it’s just baked into the price. Some clubs do it separately, many figure it into club fees.
                  ECNL is expensive, but so are the other leagues. Any league that attends tournaments/show cases and plays regional competition in league play will be expensive. It’s like this in every sport, it’s not unique to soccer, or is it the most expensive sport to play.

Comment

You said “contribute to coach travel”. That implies additional money outside of tuition, which I have never had to pay. You never said what clubs you have been with where you paid 10-12k for ECNL. Why not share?

Comment

You said “contribute to coach travel”. That implies additional money outside of tuition, which I have never had to pay. You never said what clubs you have been with where you paid 10-12k for ECNL. Why not share?
                      PDA & FC Stars

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X