Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reopen Sports in RI-Soccer

There is a really good FB page run by a parent in RI working to coordinate letter writing etc to get all youth sports open in RI. Good work. Check it out. Today due to there hard work our Governor has decided we can now have practices and scrimmages during phase 2, starting Monday, in groups of 15. Will your towns now offer a modified spring season over the summer? Our kids have had too much screen time due to homeschooling we need to get them on the fields. Other states are already playing! And we are in far better shape. Masks on parents not on kids. Let’s play!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is a really good FB page run by a parent in RI working to coordinate letter writing etc to get all youth sports open in RI. Good work. Check it out. Today due to there hard work our Governor has decided we can now have practices and scrimmages during phase 2, starting Monday, in groups of 15. Will your towns now offer a modified spring season over the summer? Our kids have had too much screen time due to homeschooling we need to get them on the fields. Other states are already playing! And we are in far better shape. Masks on parents not on kids. Let’s play!
    So kids can play, no masks. They can fully interact, share a ball, physical contact, compete, etc. Normal activity. Wonderful.

But parents who are OUTDOORS (who LIVE with the kids...THEY LIVE TOGETHER...will be in the car together before and after practice) need masks...because it is protecting whom? The coach?!!! The guy cutting the grass? LOL. The lack of logic is astounding. What a bunch of idiots we have running this state and being applauded by bigger idiots in the populous. Astounding stupidity. It's fascinating how many people cannot have a single logical thought in their sheep brains.

Comment

Well whether you agree with parents wearing masks, this IS good news. Glad our teams can get on the fields as of Monday. I’ll wear a hazmat suit and sign ten waivers whatever the league wants. The Governor says we can play so now the towns and clubs need to get it going.

Comment

I agree, it’s great news. The kids get to play. If some parents want to waste their breath continuing to complain about their own masks then so be it, but I say quit yer whining.

Comment

Soccer Rhode Island has to ingest the Governors guidelines and then make specific to soccer. Common sense and a little more patience may be required. It may be that you can run drills but scrimmaging may require too much contact.

Comment

Not according to the Governor. Stable groups up to 15 can practice with each other and scrimmage each other.

Comment

Well at least we have club soccer planning to practice this summer even if the towns take there time. No need to wait when Governor said we can start on Monday and it’s not too hard to figure out since guidelines are in place to follow. If restaurants, churches, gyms and daycares can figure it out quickly I would think the soccer organizations could wrap their brains around it in a day.

Comment

Well at least we have club soccer planning to practice this summer even if the towns take there time. No need to wait when Governor said we can start on Monday and it’s not too hard to figure out since guidelines are in place to follow. If restaurants, churches, gyms and daycares can figure it out quickly I would think the soccer organizations could wrap their brains around it in a day.
                Fields need to open and the field owners need to be on board.

Comment

Surf has started to invite players to practice next week. Everyone better get with it fast and start up. Kids have been sitting too long and feeling wanted by someone can go a long way.

Comment

If people are going to look for excuses not to open fields then they really shouldn’t be involved in youth anything. We have the green light. We don’t need more approvals. Sometimes I really question RI level of commitment to youth sports. Not the parents or players but those who choose to run it and make the decisions. Get the kids back on the fields on Monday and stop getting in the kids way. The Governor gave us permission. If you aren’t comfortable step down as a decision maker if you are getting in the way.
                    Btw!
                    Good job Surf!

Comment

Fields need to open and the field owners need to be on board.
                      My town never officially closed our fields. Groups of 2-5 have been out there kicking a ball around on and off for weeks. Funny how some people can actually exercise personal responsibility without any government mandating their behavior.

Comment

My town never officially closed our fields. Groups of 2-5 have been out there kicking a ball around on and off for weeks. Funny how some people can actually exercise personal responsibility without any government mandating their behavior.
                        I bet a lot of towns did not officially close fields. We probably all assumed the fields were closed when RI youth soccer threw in the towel before waiting for June 1. This was predicted, that the soccer could return in the summer but the soccer league quickly threw in the towel instead of postponing to June. Now that the Governor gave us her blessing the towns won't want to do summer soccer probably because they have family plans or claiming to be afraid. However, if the Governor says we are a go, and camps are reopening, and fresh air is good, then the towns need to do the right thing and make-up the spring season over the summer. If the coaches are too nervous survey the teams Ask the teams if they have parents that would be the assistant and run the practices for the coaches. If we put the kids first, we will quickly have a solution. We might need to get the News and Patch on board to put pressure on the towns that are dragging their feet.

Comment

Honestly, all of you are so dumb, there won't be any soccer this spring. But if you really want to, by all means, you'll get coronvirus.

Comment

Honestly, all of you are so dumb, there won't be any soccer this spring. But if you really want to, by all means, you'll get coronvirus.
                            Well, neither I nor my kids are in the high risk categories, and the grandparents are distancing on their own. So maybe it's better to take a chance on catching what >99% recover from with no complications than to continue the gradual slide into mental illness. You, and anyone else with concerns, are free to keep yourself and your kids away.

Comment

If people are going to look for excuses not to open fields then they really shouldn’t be involved in youth anything. We have the green light. We don’t need more approvals. Sometimes I really question RI level of commitment to youth sports. Not the parents or players but those who choose to run it and make the decisions. Get the kids back on the fields on Monday and stop getting in the kids way. The Governor gave us permission. If you aren’t comfortable step down as a decision maker if you are getting in the way.
                              Btw!
                              Good job Surf!
                              Said by someone irresponsible. Towns will be cautious and so should clubs. Every coaching training course I have ever taken has preached safety first!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X