Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NJYSA Return to Play Phases

Doesn't look good for summer tournaments, maybe even the fall season.
    http://www.njyouthsoccer.com/doclib/...e%20051820.pdf

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree about the summer. Since we haven't even gotten to phase 3 yet I can't see how we will get to large gatherings with actual games by the end of July. Phase 5 in all of these state guidelines seems impossible to reach. What makes it more unlikely is that none of these guidelines, NJ, High School Sports, etc discusses how to handle a situation if/when someone gets sick on a team. Is the whole team shut down?

Fall soccer will depend on schools. If schools reopen there will be soccer. If they don't I don't see a pathway that soccer is played.

Comment

Maybe right for the summer but the fall is months away. Let’s try to have a little cautious optimism.

Comment

NJYS said on their call they hope to have phase 3 in place no later than June 15th. IMaine sort of fall season might be on the cards.

Comment

NJYS said on their call they hope to have phase 3 in place no later than June 15th. IMaine sort of fall season might be on the cards.
          It could be in the cards. Hopefully it is. It will be very regionalized though if it is. One big issue is, have you seen the guidelines from Eastern PA YS. Teams aren't even allowed to start practice until their county is in the green phase. Every county in Eastern PA right now is still in red and I am not sure that any county near Philadelphia has a shot of getting to green.

https://www.epysa.org/information-re...pening-of-pa-/

Comment

That's classic.. You can't practice until we turn Green. next paragraph- Pennsylvania has yet to determine the criteria for turning Green.

Comment

Why does NJYS have 5 but the state has 4?

Comment

Shouldn't we be in phase 3 since beaches, some stores/businesses and outdoor dinning have been opened?

Comment

Shouldn't we be in phase 3 since beaches, some stores/businesses and outdoor dinning have been opened?
                  Where has outdoor dining opened?

Comment

I agree about the summer. Since we haven't even gotten to phase 3 yet I can't see how we will get to large gatherings with actual games by the end of July. Phase 5 in all of these state guidelines seems impossible to reach. What makes it more unlikely is that none of these guidelines, NJ, High School Sports, etc discusses how to handle a situation if/when someone gets sick on a team. Is the whole team shut down?

Fall soccer will depend on schools. If schools reopen there will be soccer. If they don't I don't see a pathway that soccer is played.
                    Yet somehow EDP thinks they’re going to start hosting Tournaments in NJ on JULY 4th based on their ‘revised’ tournament schedule issued this week. Total joke.

Comment

CDC guidelines say no outside organizations in the schools even after the schools open up. That means no club soccer at the schools.

Comment

CDC guidelines say no outside organizations in the schools even after the schools open up. That means no club soccer at the schools.
                        CDC guidelines are just that, state and local will decide what actually happens.

Comment

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...continues.html

Groups of 25 for outdoor activity....So why can't soccer be done?

Comment

Yet somehow EDP thinks they’re going to start hosting Tournaments in NJ on JULY 4th based on their ‘revised’ tournament schedule issued this week. Total joke.
                            EDP makes no sense and continue to prove it is all about money. They haven't canceled the Spring Season officially and hold out "hopes" of a season of games in July. They also schedule tournaments every weekend in July. How do they intend to have both? You will either play scheduled games or play in tournaments you can't do both but EDP will continue to pretend you can so they can suck every last penny out of these teams.

Comment

EDP makes no sense and continue to prove it is all about money. They haven't canceled the Spring Season officially and hold out "hopes" of a season of games in July. They also schedule tournaments every weekend in July. How do they intend to have both? You will either play scheduled games or play in tournaments you can't do both but EDP will continue to pretend you can so they can suck every last penny out of these teams.
                              That's easy.....They will match brackets with teams in the same division and count them for both the tournament and league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X