Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unless parents and/or players absolutely hate their current club, I don't see why they have to take a chance to join another club with the risk being put in a second or third team? Not to mention that they can't evaluate the coach, the players and the team's parents.
    Because parents are sheep? Oh no!, what am I going to do if my 09 doesn't get onto an ECNL squad now......

Comment

So to recap your story

parents who have moved to PDA now, complained about SC's sideline behavior, which was also a bone of contention with US Soccer, prior to them dumping GDA got it
      Correct. Since no one has access to a time machine, the guy was rightfully dumped.

Comment

Correct. Since no one has access to a time machine, the guy was rightfully dumped.
        Fair enough. So now STA has no star players (left for PDA); No league of worth; No Coach with ability to teach kids how to play. In hindsight, looks like a LOSE, LOSE, LOSE situation there

Comment

So to recap your story

parents who have moved to PDA now, complained about SC's sideline behavior, which was also a bone of contention with US Soccer, prior to them dumping GDA got it
          Let’s be honest they all complained about his sideline behavior. The parents pushing “bullying” behavior were not getting the playing time their parents wanted. There are many reasons all SC’s teams are all over different clubs now. It’s not because of bullying.

Comment

That was our plan as well. I am growing a little concerned though right now. It seems that a few clubs have gone radio silent in the GA process, which concerns me. It also seems that other GA clubs may not make it through this pandemic. SSS just released their refund/credit plan for the fall, and it looks like they are raising rates above what they are crediting back for the missed season. I can't see a lot of clubs surviving this. I'm having second thoughts right now about GA

I don't think it will just be GA teams that do not make it. Remember that while some of these ECNL teams are great on the Girls side, many are playing 3rd tier league on the boys side, which is where the real cache and club reputation comes from. I think good chance of mergers, both clubs and leagues will happen in the relatively near future.

Comment

Fair enough. So now STA has no star players (left for PDA); No league of worth; No Coach with ability to teach kids how to play. In hindsight, looks like a LOSE, LOSE, LOSE situation there
              “Star Players!” Are they your heroes?

It sounds like you’re talking about 1 team. How many of those players went to PDA? Better question, why didn’t they go back to SC?

How many others decided not to go back to play for him? Wonder why that is...

Comment

Let’s be honest they all complained about his sideline behavior. The parents pushing “bullying” behavior were not getting the playing time their parents wanted. There are many reasons all SC’s teams are all over different clubs now. It’s not because of bullying.
                I think the first part is right.

But how can you be sure that they were the only ones complaining? He had 3 teams. No one, except maybe STA, actually knows.

Why are we still talking about this btw?

Comment

What “star” players are you talking about??? That was a real team no star players....

Comment

What “star” players are you talking about??? That was a real team no star players....
                    You’re responding to a delusional parent who looks up to, and idolizes 14 year old girls. Don’t try and make sense of it.

Comment

You’re responding to a delusional parent who looks up to, and idolizes 14 year old girls. Don’t try and make sense of it.
                      Delusional parents, subpar coaches, shame the turn STA has taken...

Comment

Delusional parents, subpar coaches, shame the turn STA has taken...
                        The turn? You mean, since they kicked SC to the curb? You need to let it go. The guy was (and probably will always be) toxic.

Comment

STA GDA has become PDA White. Bravo PDA. CSA is losing players to MF and PDA; PDA South has picked up the strongest players from SJEB, and NYSC has players joining WCFC. If a player has been invited to a NT training camp, they are being taken sight unseen. ECNL will be very strong when soccer starts up again

Comment

STA GDA has become PDA White. Bravo PDA. CSA is losing players to MF and PDA; PDA South has picked up the strongest players from SJEB, and NYSC has players joining WCFC. If a player has been invited to a NT training camp, they are being taken sight unseen. ECNL will be very strong when soccer starts up again
                            Is GAL going to have any strong players left in it or will it be totally watered down when the dust settles?

Comment

Is GAL going to have any strong players left in it or will it be totally watered down when the dust settles?
                              The lower level DA clubs that now make up GAL (The best DA clubs gone but 3), are all losing very good talent. GAL will not be a hint of what DA was going forward. Very water down. It will be OK for the existing old teams who have college commitments but long term I only see some talent playing in GAL for the loner run. Doesn’t make sense.

Comment

The lower level DA clubs that now make up GAL (The best DA clubs gone but 3), are all losing very good talent. GAL will not be a hint of what DA was going forward. Very water down. It will be OK for the existing old teams who have college commitments but long term I only see some talent playing in GAL for the loner run. Doesn’t make sense.
                                Where will the play. They can’t all play in the ecnl?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X