Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can we all agree that NEFC is a mess. The people in charge have no clue or people's skills and the good coaches are all gone pretty much.
    All clubs are a mess in their own way......don't believe for a minute they aren't

Comment

Coaches are almost always hired as independent contractors. They are not employees.
      Then clubs shouldn't get all indignant and pissy when some decide the grass is greener elsewhere.

Comment

Then clubs shouldn't get all indignant and pissy when some decide the grass is greener elsewhere.
        That was my point. Clubs benefit by classifying coaches as independent contractors. They don’t have to pay insurance is the big one. If you are not going to invest in your coaches don’t expect loyalty and fidelity. They are hired guns.

Comment

Bayside is already trying to get all the NEFC players. They have a “coach” that tries to bribe kids with things to play for him. Can you say creepy?! Let’s not even mention the hundreds of messages he sends harassing parents for their kid.
          I have a player at Bayside. Should I count how many times NEFC coaches tried to recruit! Give me a break. Besides usually the Bayside teams are NPL A. At least they were offering a better competitive level to the NEFC SE players. What was SE offering better? Coaches who left their teams to follow SC? Coaches who didn't want their best players to go to DA or Central NPL teams? Follow your coach off the cliff but if you have a really good player, you should call Central!!

Comment

I have a player at Bayside. Should I count how many times NEFC coaches tried to recruit! Give me a break. Besides usually the Bayside teams are NPL A. At least they were offering a better competitive level to the NEFC SE players. What was SE offering better? Coaches who left their teams to follow SC? Coaches who didn't want their best players to go to DA or Central NPL teams? Follow your coach off the cliff but if you have a really good player, you should call Central!!
            Parents and players are delusional. Once you reach high school ages and especially the college recruiting years, if you have a player that has the ability and desire to play in college, you don't follow a coach around to play for whatever club/league. You go where you will get the most exposure and the highest level of competition.

The OP above is correct in that none of the NEFC SE players should be looking to follow coaches to Surf or whereever if they have the goal of playing in college. Too many unknowns and too much risk. There is a clear pathway with girls in ECNL and to a lessor extent, NPL and EDP. On the boys side, much depends on how this MLS-sponsored league plays out, but again, ECNL and NPL are good options. For RI players, Bayside might be a good option if the drive to Lancaster, Taunton, or Mendon isn't viable.

Comment

Parents and players are delusional. Once you reach high school ages and especially the college recruiting years, if you have a player that has the ability and desire to play in college, you don't follow a coach around to play for whatever club/league. You go where you will get the most exposure and the highest level of competition.

The OP above is correct in that none of the NEFC SE players should be looking to follow coaches to Surf or whereever if they have the goal of playing in college. Too many unknowns and too much risk. There is a clear pathway with girls in ECNL and to a lessor extent, NPL and EDP. On the boys side, much depends on how this MLS-sponsored league plays out, but again, ECNL and NPL are good options. For RI players, Bayside might be a good option if the drive to Lancaster, Taunton, or Mendon isn't viable.
              NPL, especially for boys, is now considered the low end of soccer.

Comment

NPL, especially for boys, is now considered the low end of soccer.
                I don't disagree, but there are a few boys who make it to the college ranks from it still. Same with the girls, not many, and mostly D3, but a few. ECNL is tops for the girls. Whatever MLS Academy teams compete in will be tops for the boys and we'll see how the rest shakes out. NPL isnt' a bad place to be up until about U15, especially if you want to save money on travel expenses, unless of course you play for a fully funded academy.

Comment

Amen. And good coaches shouldn't be peddling the BS that the Surf guys are right now. Some of those players have better options at NEFC right now with GA through Central. If they don't want to travel as far and they are top players, they could make a Bayside team and play NPL level which is probably better than EDP with less travel. At the very least there is a lot less uncertainty. They are way over-rating some of these coaches. Especially DY. Nothing personnel but there was a reason that JM took his 07 team.

Comment

Amen. And good coaches shouldn't be peddling the BS that the Surf guys are right now. Some of those players have better options at NEFC right now with GA through Central. If they don't want to travel as far and they are top players, they could make a Bayside team and play NPL level which is probably better than EDP with less travel. At the very least there is a lot less uncertainty. They are way over-rating some of these coaches. Especially DY. Nothing personnel but there was a reason that JM took his 07 team.
                    And good coaches shouldn't be peddling the BS that the Surf guys are right now...there aren't any good coaches at Surf. Just cheerleaders

Comment

NEFC president sent an email to all Southeast families tonight. I mean, I'm guessing it's all of them. There are like 170 email addresses in the "to" box. Yes, that's right, he included everyone's email address for all to see. He also attached five threatening letters to former coaches that have apparently been sent, including all those former coaches' home addresses. There was a sixth attachment as well, a copy of the GPS (Mass Premier Soccer) lawsuit against Surf, which seems odd for him to include, especially since that has been dismissed or settled or whatever. And finally, the email itself comes across as some kind of attempt to intimidate SE families to stay with NEFC. There have already been some interesting responses.

It reeks of desperation, and quite possibly a bourbon or two.

Comment

NEFC president sent an email to all Southeast families tonight. I mean, I'm guessing it's all of them. There are like 170 email addresses in the "to" box. Yes, that's right, he included everyone's email address for all to see. He also attached five threatening letters to former coaches that have apparently been sent, including all those former coaches' home addresses. There was a sixth attachment as well, a copy of the GPS (Mass Premier Soccer) lawsuit against Surf, which seems odd for him to include, especially since that has been dismissed or settled or whatever. And finally, the email itself comes across as some kind of attempt to intimidate SE families to stay with NEFC. There have already been some interesting responses.

It reeks of desperation, and quite possibly a bourbon or two.
                        If this is true, it’s not a good look. Yikes

Comment

If this is true, it’s not a good look. Yikes
                          It is true - unfortunately.

Here is the note:
                          I removed the email addresses/cease and desist info.
                          It contained info that should not legally be shared by a company.
                          - names / home address/ pay information.

Hi NEFC families,

I write this letter to alert you -- the parents of one or more NEFC players -- to a developing situation that may affect you and your children.

NEFC has learned from various sources, including a number of NEFC parents, that several recently-resigned NEFC coaches may be trying to poach NEFC players for the benefit of another club.* This kind of poaching is not only wrong, it violates the coaches' agreements with NEFC.* We recently alerted those coaches of our concerns by means of the attached letters.

We are hopeful the coaches will abide by their agreements with us, including the non-poaching obligations those agreements establish. If the coaches elect not to, however, NEFC is prepared to file a lawsuit and seek damages and injunctive relief from them.* This litigation will likely disrupt the upcoming season, including the seasons of any players who transfer to the other club because of the poaching.

Thank you for your continuing commitment to NEFC.*

Regards,

Brian Mazar - President, NEFC

Website* | *Facebook* | *Twitter

Comment

Interesting. GPS tried that with Juventus coaches in court and lost. I wonder why NEFC thinks it would work in this case against Surf. Families can do what they want and have zero obligation to NEFC. This definitely seems like a last-ditch effort to save the region.

Comment

Hopefully NEFC has better lawyers than GPS

Comment

I think BM is going to need to go for the good of NEFC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X