Clarkstown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clarkstown can potentially claim they develop players whereas wcfc just accumulates finished products and star players from elsewhere and that is what makes them superior...no different than PDA in that regard

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      clarkstown can potentially claim they develop players whereas wcfc just accumulates finished products and star players from elsewhere and that is what makes them superior...no different than PDA in that regard
      What youth player is a finished product? Is that even possible?

Comment

What youth player is a finished product? Is that even possible?
        Coaches at the top clubs do nothing to develop the best players even from a young age. They attain it 99% through their own god given ability coupled with the desire and focus it takes to see it through. Only US soccer coaches think otherwise.

Comment

Coaches at the top clubs do nothing to develop the best players even from a young age. They attain it 99% through their own god given ability coupled with the desire and focus it takes to see it through. Only US soccer coaches think otherwise.
          Not true, Kaz has done a lot with some special players, he is not a magician, but he can get some doors to open for you, the rest is up to the player!

Comment

I would say this is a false statement. I look at the rosters at Red Bulls and NYCFC youth programs and there are quite a few players who come from WC and NYSC, so your statement just isn't true

Comment

Not true, Kaz has done a lot with some special players, he is not a magician, but he can get some doors to open for you, the rest is up to the player!
              WC has a particular playing style that some college coaches like. They train and play that style, if that's what you want for your kids by all means. If you want your kid to reach the highest level don't keep them there too long because they will fall behind. If your kid is outstanding you don't need Katz to open any doors for you, your kid will kick thoes doors down.

Comment

WC has a particular playing style that some college coaches like. They train and play that style, if that's what you want for your kids by all means. If you want your kid to reach the highest level don't keep them there too long because they will fall behind. If your kid is outstanding you don't need Katz to open any doors for you, your kid will kick thoes doors down.
                true, except at NYSC, where they have NO style whatsoever, none.

Comment

They could potentially claim a lot of things. What can they for sure? Give me a specific example of a player who has come out of the program DS is running that is showing great potential. I’m not talking about old Clarkstown players. The coaches who trained them are long gone

Comment

They could potentially claim a lot of things. What can they for sure? Give me a specific example of a player who has come out of the program DS is running that is showing great potential. I’m not talking about old Clarkstown players. The coaches who trained them are long gone
                    What has WCFC done? I would love to read someone write that WCFC made RJ, SK, etc the players they are today...no they weren't insanely gifted players when they showed up! WCFC coaches did that! LOL.

Comment

What has WCFC done? I would love to read someone write that WCFC made RJ, SK, etc the players they are today...no they weren't insanely gifted players when they showed up! WCFC coaches did that! LOL.
                      WC didn't start a whole page to say how great they are at training people, did they? And yes, take a look at Red Bulls and NYCFC rosters and see where some of those kids started. Also, if I recall correctly, I believe that RJ played at WC for years...from U-little. Look, Clarkstown was a good club at one time until an unfortunate series of events damaged their reputation, and they couldn't recover. The new people in charge at Clarkstown are not soccer savvy

Comment

What is that style?

Comment

Let's keep this about Clarkstown. WC has their own thread. Other than the 07 team please list the players that have been called into camp or who has made a name for him or herself. I need to know why they have the best trainers?

Comment

true, except at NYSC, where they have NO style whatsoever, none.
                            This is a silly comment for anyone who has ever played at or consistently against NYSC. YOu can debate the quality of the club but they definitely have a style of play. Having been there, I can say for sure that both my son's and daughter's teams shared a pretty visible style of play. I would actually say the biggest criticism of the teams was that we were slaves to the style and did not teach the kids to adapt well enough to what was happening during games.

Comment

This is a silly comment for anyone who has ever played at or consistently against NYSC. YOu can debate the quality of the club but they definitely have a style of play. Having been there, I can say for sure that both my son's and daughter's teams shared a pretty visible style of play. I would actually say the biggest criticism of the teams was that we were slaves to the style and did not teach the kids to adapt well enough to what was happening during games.
                              True, NYSC has a particular style that they say is for the benefit of the players, ie playing out of the back, quick give-and-goes, win the 50/50 ball, and fill the box with attacking players, its a solid style. My daughter played for them for 4 years, and they taught her a lot, but it wasn't until she went to WCFC that her game became complete.

Comment

True, NYSC has a particular style that they say is for the benefit of the players, ie playing out of the back, quick give-and-goes, win the 50/50 ball, and fill the box with attacking players, its a solid style. My daughter played for them for 4 years, and they taught her a lot, but it wasn't until she went to WCFC that her game became complete.
                                Planning to make the same transition at some point, whether to WC or another club that also can reinforce some more direct, high intensity play. I think NYSC would do much better for itself if they transitioned the trainings to higher intensity as the kids get up towards the U13-14 age groups. Our team is good but we have players who lack intensity and aggression and who are not being taught to adapt when they encounter teams that play super high tempo, direct play. I also never understand how a possession based club does not teach their players to press aggressively to win the ball back when we lose it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X