•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Because if you are under 65 and healthy the death rate for covid is 13/100000. Much lower than the flu. So if 300million infected 396 will die. Enough of the fear mongering that 80 year olds on their deathbed are dying 2 months earlier than they would anyway.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...us-death-rate/
      It so true and some people are just scared to death cause they sit home and watch TV, whose job it is to keep them glued to the TV. Protect the elderly and people with underlying conditions, wear masks and be smart. It’s really simple.

I had CV a month ago. Didn’t know until I got the Antibody test last week. I am 42 and generally healthy. I had a mild fever for a couple days and felt tired. That was it. I was curious and went for the test. Many others have a similar story and kids seem to do quite well.

People don’t talk about the other side of staying home like depression, abuse, suicide All to real and sad. We need to move on and deal with this and I get flattening the curve, but we are beyond that now.

Comment

It so true and some people are just scared to death cause they sit home and watch TV, whose job it is to keep them glued to the TV. Protect the elderly and people with underlying conditions, wear masks and be smart. It’s really simple.

I had CV a month ago. Didn’t know until I got the Antibody test last week. I am 42 and generally healthy. I had a mild fever for a couple days and felt tired. That was it. I was curious and went for the test. Many others have a similar story and kids seem to do quite well.

People don’t talk about the other side of staying home like depression, abuse, suicide All to real and sad. We need to move on and deal with this and I get flattening the curve, but we are beyond that now.
        It’s the politicians and they don’t want to get blamed, so they are acting like nannies

Comment

Returning to the Field

Because if you are under 65 and healthy the death rate for covid is 13/100000. Much lower than the flu. So if 300million infected 396 will die. Enough of the fear mongering that 80 year olds on their deathbed are dying 2 months earlier than they would anyway.

You have a point and you are right...is it a coincidence that the majority of US citizens are fat, out of shape slobs with underlying health issues and a high covid death rate?
          A typical en tray at any restaurant is enough to feed 2-3 people easy!!!!

Get your mind and body strong no matter how old you are!!!! that is how you flatten the curve...with good old fashioned AMERICAN GUTS!!!!!

We are all going to die (well maybe not me) but you all will...in our final hours lets all go with some class & dignity!

Comment

Same, thanks for sharing, stay the course!

Comment

Ok trumper file a suit in ny like in Wisconsin
              You are merely one of the lucky ones and now that you are ok, you are selfish.

Comment

"So if 300million infected 396 will die"??? So, so far, there are about 86,000 dead from this in the US.

Comment

Returning to the Field

If you have not been infected yet, You can definitely assume you will be. its a matter of time. You will get corona virus.

Comment

"So if 300million infected 396 will die"??? So, so far, there are about 86,000 dead from this in the US.
                    His math is awful, it should be about 39K, but you missed his point. The point attempting to be made is that if one is healthy and young (say less than 55), the mortality rate is really, really low. Assuming no co-morbidities the younger one is, the less adverse effects as well.

Comment

Returning to the Field

His math is awful, it should be about 39K, but you missed his point. The point attempting to be made is that if one is healthy and young (say less than 55), the mortality rate is really, really low. Assuming no co-morbidities the younger one is, the less adverse effects as well.
                      more to the point, live a healthy lifestyle (you will have a greater chance defeating a virus with a healty immune system). no matter your age.

i see a few people at my gym some in their 60s some in there 70s. they look great and eat well. better than people in their 30s and 40s. they work hard. hope to see them again soon, they are an inspiration to others in the gym.

Comment

Did you even read your own article you posted? Never mind the age demographics, it states the death rate for the flu is .1%. That's 1 death for every 1000 cases.
                        The death rate for the Wuhan Novel Coronavirus is 2%. That's 20 deaths for every 1000 cases.

"80 year olds on their deathbed are dying 2 months earlier than they would anyway"

That statement you made shows your mentality, and I don't need to comment further.

Comment

We were supposed to stop playing?

Seriously though....yes my kid is chomping at the bit play with her team.

Comment

Did you even read your own article you posted? Never mind the age demographics, it states the death rate for the flu is .1%. That's 1 death for every 1000 cases.
                            The death rate for the Wuhan Novel Coronavirus is 2%. That's 20 deaths for every 1000 cases.

"80 year olds on their deathbed are dying 2 months earlier than they would anyway"

That statement you made shows your mentality, and I don't need to comment further.
                            And the death rate for Covid if you are under 65 with no other serious ailments like cancer is 17/100,000 that is 0.017%

Last time I checked 0.017% is a lot less than 0.1%

Look at the link and stop watching CNN. Death rate is 0.017% for most of the population. People over 80 and in nursing homes on their deathbed, well it is really high for them and skews the numbers to the 1.5% or so you see reported on your fake news networks.

#fear mongering makes you hide in the basement and they are laughing at you

Comment

Well I have had an immediate family member die as well as my best friends mother. Both were in their 80s, but I am just being straight forward with how I feel. I believe this is obviously serious, but we have to move on. This will be looked back on as a small and insignificant blip in our history.

Comment

Well I have had an immediate family member die as well as my best friends mother. Both were in their 80s, but I am just being straight forward with how I feel. I believe this is obviously serious, but we have to move on. This will be looked back on as a small and insignificant blip in our history.
                                Covid is serious. And we need to get back to work. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X