Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's the rumor but not a fact I can verify. The club's official response is:

"Our long term goal is to establish an in-house girls program that will compete at the academy level and be the standard bearer for girls development within the USA."

At one point last year I heard from one of the 07 parents that they were going to play DA and I guess that fell through. The 08 team was supposed to play EDP in fall of 2020 from the beginning, that never changed. Also the fact that they will be adding an 09 team is a sign that they're still committed.
    Very good to know. Thank you.

Comment

That's the rumor but not a fact I can verify. The club's official response is:

"Our long term goal is to establish an in-house girls program that will compete at the academy level and be the standard bearer for girls development within the USA."

At one point last year I heard from one of the 07 parents that they were going to play DA and I guess that fell through. The 08 team was supposed to play EDP in fall of 2020 from the beginning, that never changed. Also the fact that they will be adding an 09 team is a sign that they're still committed.
      That’s great an MLS league for girls! Hope it happens as I would not want to play in this garbage GAL league no better than EDP. Thanks for sharing gives me some hope.

Comment

Short answer yes RB 08 and 09 teams will play EDP they will not field an 07 team.
        Here is a bit of background. RB is starting a girls program and they want to do it from the ground up. They started 2 years ago with 07 and added 08 last year as pre-academy. The plan was for the 07 team to become the first Academy team in the fall of 2020 but the club informed the 07 team that they were not able to get in to an Elite league most likely due to the debacle of DA (this is my assumption) so the 07s should try to find a team in a competitive league. They did offer to have a team if there were enough girls willing to stay but most girls wanted to play ECNL level. The plan is for the 08s to play EDP next year and move up to Academy level after.
        How does a club with 1 team of league age think they would get into a league designed for entire clubs across the age groups? RB wouldn't be admitted until they had at least 2/3rd the teams. Otherwise why waste the time and space? Not to mention if they did let them in with only 1 team the hit to the credibility of the league. But then again the new GA did let in a perennial 3rd div EDP club along with another that is all of 2 months old.

Comment

How does a club with 1 team of league age think they would get into a league designed for entire clubs across the age groups? RB wouldn't be admitted until they had at least 2/3rd the teams. Otherwise why waste the time and space? Not to mention if they did let them in with only 1 team the hit to the credibility of the league. But then again the new GA did let in a perennial 3rd div EDP club along with another that is all of 2 months old.

At least that's the plan but what do know maybe I'm just drinking the koolaid let's wait and see.

Comment

Anything is possible in youth soccer, 3 ECNL teams for PDA, 3rd Div EDP Teams invited to GAL (Ukranian Natl), CSA losing entire teams to other clubs, if you dream it (I mean buy it) it will happen!

Comment

Short answer yes RB 08 and 09 teams will play EDP they will not field an 07 team.
              Here is a bit of background. RB is starting a girls program and they want to do it from the ground up. They started 2 years ago with 07 and added 08 last year as pre-academy. The plan was for the 07 team to become the first Academy team in the fall of 2020 but the club informed the 07 team that they were not able to get in to an Elite league most likely due to the debacle of DA (this is my assumption) so the 07s should try to find a team in a competitive league. They did offer to have a team if there were enough girls willing to stay but most girls wanted to play ECNL level. The plan is for the 08s to play EDP next year and move up to Academy level after.
              This is bonkers only because the Red Bulls Girls 07 team had at most 2 kids who could make an ecnl team. If more than that made it, I would say it is an indication that ECNL is nowhere near as elite as they say. RB 07 team was not very good at all.

Comment

This is bonkers only because the Red Bulls Girls 07 team had at most 2 kids who could make an ecnl team. If more than that made it, I would say it is an indication that ECNL is nowhere near as elite as they say. RB 07 team was not very good at all.
                I'm just passing information along I'm not here to criticize other peoples kids.

Comment

Cedar Stars (Monmouth) 2010 Girls Team is looking for a Goalie. Ours, unfortunately, moved away. This one of the top teams in the region for this age group and looking for a New Teammate to make the team complete. Looking to start training for Spring/Summer season ASAP (as lock down starts to ease up). Once things get back to normal will be most likely having 2 to 3 training sessions per week (including Goalie Training). Training is in Tinton Falls, NJ at the Beautiful CSA Facilities at Wayside Road.

If you are interested, please come to a training session and work out with us.

Please Contact Cedar Stars

or Coach Tom Napoli @
                  tom.napoli@cedarstars.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X