Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is a line from the movie “Animal House”. I actually had a good laugh when I read it. Well played whoever wrote that post.
    Nobody compliments anyone on here. Fake compliment! You can't compliment yourself. It's like playing with yourself.

Comment

OMG I guess I have to add this to my watchlist - Wasn't born yet when this came out.

Comment

OMG I guess I have to add this to my watchlist - Wasn't born yet when this came out.
        You will not be disappointed. All time great movie.

Comment

Nobody compliments anyone on here. Fake compliment! You can't compliment yourself. It's like playing with yourself.
          Yes you can. People do it all the time. It's natural. Just don't over do it.

Comment

Let’s assume for this example that the NWSL folded, do you think that the best players on the Thorns pro team are going to stick around for that level of competition? Think about Tobin Heath, Lindsay Horan and Becky Sauerbrunn spending their summers playing against some mid level college players with the Eugene Timbers or Spokane Shadow.

Of course this wouldn’t happen. They would leave to find better competition.
            Problem is that most of those NWSL players from the USWNT don't have the skills to play in Europe so they'd be SOL.

Comment

You are naive if you think FC Portland or THUSC have any say in another club getting into the ECNL.

So think for a second and ask WHY would the ECNL want the Thorns in the ECNL? They have an embarrassing track record. They aren’t really a club. They have been in existence for a short period of time. Go down the list and tell us why the ECNL would want the Thorns.
              They definitely have a "say", however Bernie at Xfire has the biggest "say" in the region.

Comment

Wrong. You must be a parent of 04 teams and above. And even the 04 team had a stand out come over and choose DA before ECNL, but then wanted high school. A decent handful of top players in 05 and 06 teams went DA.
                GDA 02 team had a girl on it's roster who didn't make her HS varsity team AND couldn't make the "A" team at her local club. FACT!

Comment

GDA 02 team had a girl on it's roster who didn't make her HS varsity team AND couldn't make the "A" team at her local club. FACT!
                  There were multiple on the 03 team that were same.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GAcademyLeague/s...226826753?s=20

No Thorns ... yet.

Comment

Problem is that most of those NWSL players from the USWNT don't have the skills to play in Europe so they'd be SOL.
                      And, most of the Thorns Academy players don’t have the skills to play in ECNL which is why they aren’t playing for an ECNL team.

Comment

Thorns are still looking for a local team to pair up with.

Comment

So, the two Washington based teams are the Reign and ISC! Having ISC in this league is like having the Eugene Timbers. Not a bad club, but definitely not a top level club. I don’t see how this is beneficial if you are a current Thorns Academy players. But, all of the top girls clubs in the NW are in ECNL, so I guess you take what you can get.

Comment

The Thorns are where the Thorns always were. I highly doubt they are claiming that the GAL will be on par with ECNL. Players and parents know this no matter how they spin it.

Since they havent announced yet, maybe they are holding out hope for ECNL still.

Comment

So, the two Washington based teams are the Reign and ISC! Having ISC in this league is like having the Eugene Timbers. Not a bad club, but definitely not a top level club. I don’t see how this is beneficial if you are a current Thorns Academy players. But, all of the top girls clubs in the NW are in ECNL, so I guess you take what you can get.
                              Right. Of the two clubs that service that Issaquah/Sammamish plateau area, Eastside FC is the better of the two between them and ISC, and was the Reign's feeder club until last year when they went into the ECNL. They've done well in the ECNL.

Comment

Thorns are still looking for a local team to pair up with.
                                Westside joining GAL. Bet on it. They are the Thorns "partner club," after all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X