Reign Academy is going down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing bad to say about Reign. Wish this didn’t happen to them. Would think it would make sense for them to merge with another club at this point. Keep the Reign name, but merge with EFC, WP, or Pac and let the top team play in ECNL.

Comment

yeah there's a marriage made in heaven, maybe a shotgun wedding lol

reign-sound merger is something that could work except geographically it doesn't make too much sense

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Nothing bad to say about Reign. Wish this didn’t happen to them. Would think it would make sense for them to merge with another club at this point. Keep the Reign name, but merge with EFC, WP, or Pac and let the top team play in ECNL.

Comment

Dont kill the messenger but I am hearing OL Reign has been asking around about taking on an Existing ECNL club. Their first choice is not who you would think (SU) but actually WPFC since they are down in Tacoma and in their backyard.

Also makes sense since Tacoma also is in the plans for a new Soccer Facility if they can get it approved.

Comment

Or better yet hopefully the Reign are honest with their families that they are reaching out to clubs to take full teams. Rumbling is they are looking for a landing spot. Maybe ask Leighton and Bill about that....

Comment

There are talks of D1 schools eliminating mens and womens soccer for up to 4 years. How would that change the local soccer landscape?

Comment

Where are you seeing these d1 runora

Comment

Where are you seeing these d1 runora
                Many articles. Here is one.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/3006781001/

Comment

Unless I am missing something I see questions about cutting sports but I don’t see soccer specifically mentioned.

Comment

Dont kill the messenger but I am hearing OL Reign has been asking around about taking on an Existing ECNL club. Their first choice is not who you would think (SU) but actually WPFC since they are down in Tacoma and in their backyard.

Also makes sense since Tacoma also is in the plans for a new Soccer Facility if they can get it approved.

Come on.... what are they gonna take 4 kids per age group?
                    Again, this is insane to think people are gonna drive that far. And also if a player wanted to play for another club they can just go there. They don’t need a merger. Essentially the Reign are just trying to keep their teams together. What’s left of them

Comment

Come on.... what are they gonna take 4 kids per age group?
                      Again, this is insane to think people are gonna drive that far. And also if a player wanted to play for another club they can just go there. They don’t need a merger. Essentially the Reign are just trying to keep their teams together. What’s left of them
                      Its not so much as all the Reign girls would migrate to any one club. It just shows you how frail Reign really is and how fast they can evaporate.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2704646]
                        Boys ECNL has an 8 team local conf with 6 Seattle area teams plus timbers and Spokane. Anyone coming on here and saying the decision is done and they know it is lying. The ECNL President has said it isn’t done and so has the Reign’s technical director. Not sure why jerks keep coming on here starting new threads to spread the same lie, but here we are.

If Reign doesn’t end up in ECNL they’ll have an opportunity to compete in GAL, which apparently will have more than 75% of the clubs that were in DA plus some others and plenty of talent. If Reign can’t hold onto its players it won’t be because of not getting a decision on ECNL yet. The stronger DA clubs around the country that aren’t getting into ECNL seem to be mostly holding onto their players and coaches. There’s every reason to think GAL will have showcases, college exposure, competitive teams and all the other stuff DA or ECNL have (take a gander at their instagram page, which was created a couple days ago and is already followed by D1 coaches and programs from around the country).

Just remember how the Reign left the ECNL (not on the best of terms the first time around). Heck, the Reign staff that was around during this time should own up to this one.
                        Sometimes you end up eating your words later. Which may be the case as teh ECNL was not happy. This is not rumor but fact so you can't argue this point.

Seriously this has to be a desperate attempt to salvage the program. It is unfortunate what has happened but it’s time to accept the fact and move in for the sake of the players.
                        Reign already cost a lot and even if GA league happens there will be more travel because nobody in the northwest is playing in that league. And no there was no financial help from ownership previously and there won’t be In the future so parents burden that expense.
                        Second , you say B teams etc? Reign could barely field teams for matches and travel trips. They moved players around all over the place. And yes this did happen cause leadership addressed parents concerns about this and sent an email.
                        It is crazy that you continue to push this argument when everybody knows that without folding of the DA there is no program. I know of players that have already jumped ship. So I suggest you get act appropriately and stop the denial.

Comment

This isn't about eliminating college sports. It's about eliminating NCAA rules that are argued to be burdensome for smaller conferences and non-mainstream sports.

Comment

Yes I heard the same thing. Bill is trying to do something to merge Reign with WPFC.

Comment

Money talks....just have to bring something to the table.

Comment

Money talks....just have to bring something to the table.

I love the comment money talks and the financial backing bla bla bla. Last time I checked it costs a premium to play at Reign and there is no financial support from the top. Let me see the ownership put money into the program to keep these girls playing and traveling.
                                Until then the affiliation means nothing more then a name on your jersey.
                                Watch out because Bill Gates housekeepers son plays for our club and we are getting a jet and traveling everywhere to play in all the new leagues. LOL!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X