Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is this a bad joke?? What club is asking for a down payment of $200+ to hold a kids “spot” on one of many teams during a global pandemic. News flash.. there will be no soccer until EARLIEST Fall 2020. If a club is having trouble bridging the financial gap there are and were a number of loans and grants available. Hopefully all clubs can maintain integrity and stay afloat simultaneously.
    I have a small business and wasn't able to get one of the "many" loans and grants you speak of. In the cue, but ... so methinks you don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

I'm not a United parent but if you're an existing player and just paying it as a down payment for what you are going to spend anyway, seems fair to me without a tryout fee.
      So it’s an early registration fee, everyone gets on a team eventually, even if it’s the C team. No tryout required.

Comment

So it’s an early registration fee, everyone gets on a team eventually, even if it’s the C team. No tryout required.
        Just like Thornz Asylum - wait until OYSA 4th division and HS teams set their rosters and then take the scrubs that are left over. No wonder the GDA failed so spectacularly.

Comment

It's also optional and not a requirement. If you don't want to do it and wait, that will work too.

Comment

Tryouts? Don't we all agree that there are no such thing as tryouts anymore?

Comment

Tryouts? Don't we all agree that there are no such thing as tryouts anymore?
              Tryouts are a waste of time.

Comment

Upper tier clubs will still hold tryouts, presumptively in late June. Clubs that are mostly second tier/rec clubs that are more interested in collecting as many players as possible to inflate coaching salaries will just charge money and take everyone. The pool play system only works when coaches are making decisions that are not based on politics, and what families donate the most dollars.

Comment

Upper tier clubs will still hold tryouts, presumptively in late June. Clubs that are mostly second tier/rec clubs that are more interested in collecting as many players as possible to inflate coaching salaries will just charge money and take everyone. The pool play system only works when coaches are making decisions that are not based on politics, and what families donate the most dollars.
                  Rec clubs don't have coaching salaries--the coaches are all volunteers.

Comment

United Scam

Rec clubs don't have coaching salaries--the coaches are all volunteers.
                    These guys are 'super duper recreational' soliciting to collect registration fees with ZERO/NADA product to offer or even a start date for that matter.

Their highly unethical registration fee scam which doesn't guarantee anything more than taking your disposable monies.

Guess what Club Genius (UPDX), nearly every soul in Oregon could use these disposable funds during our national shutdown and global pandemic.

This thoughtless scam is evidence of their evolved humanity, community leadership and core non profit mission values.

Where do I mail my check?

c/o Heaven's Gate? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven...eligious_group)

Comment

These guys are 'super duper recreational' soliciting to collect registration fees with ZERO/NADA product to offer or even a start date for that matter.

Their highly unethical registration fee scam which doesn't guarantee anything more than taking your disposable monies.

Guess what Club Genius (UPDX), nearly every soul in Oregon could use these disposable funds during our national shutdown and global pandemic.

This thoughtless scam is evidence of their evolved humanity, community leadership and core non profit mission values.

Where do I mail my check?

c/o Heaven's Gate? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven...eligious_group)
                      Did you take a huge double hit of nitrous oxide before you typed that? Or are you possible just screwy in the head?

Comment

They are asking for a fee to hold spots because they are planning on losing players this next cycle. I know of a couple of age groups on the boys side that are interested in playing in BECNL and will be going across the river.

Comment

They are asking for a fee to hold spots because they are planning on losing players this next cycle. I know of a couple of age groups on the boys side that are interested in playing in BECNL and will be going across the river.
                          There is one club not ripping other clubs during covid-19 and that is UPDX.

I hope your club makes it through this and if you are in the position to do it, register with them. They need it.

God bless and see you on the other side of this.

Comment

I hope your club makes it through this and if you are in the position to do it, register with them. They need it.

How do you know?

Comment

"Everyone is dirty, except us!!!"

The eternal cry of the confidence man.

Comment

Did you take a huge double hit of nitrous oxide before you typed that? Or are you possible just screwy in the head?
                                You would need to be screwy in the head to send money for a 'registration fee' that doesn't provide you anything prior to the state wide tryouts (date tba) during a national pandemic crisis.

To your point that poster has a few screws loose since they are mailing them a check, 100%

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X