Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No way the MLS clubs will allow it, nor should they. It's the non MLS clubs that have to figure out what to do. It's nearly impossible to do both at the same time, even when your state allows it. One option is to shut down during the HS season, but since it's still supposed to be 10 months it will be very difficult to jam all your games into post-HS dates. I suspect they will continue with the ban.
    Boys playing at the DA/MLS league level generally dont care about playing HS. The drop in quality is way too big to be worth it. 10 month programs are for serious kids and there's enough of them to not worry about HS.

Comment

Boys playing at the DA/MLS league level generally dont care about playing HS. The drop in quality is way too big to be worth it. 10 month programs are for serious kids and there's enough of them to not worry about HS.
      Girls seem to care about HS play more than boys.....at least according to this Board. Is this truly a gender issue?

Comment

Girls seem to care about HS play more than boys.....at least according to this Board. Is this truly a gender issue?
        My son has several good friends that play DA (not sure what to call it now) and they all would love to be able to play HS ball with all the kids that they grew up with. They come to all the HS home games and cheer from the stands. Regardless of how much a drop in quality HS can be, it’s still fun to play with old friends, for your town in front of your town.

Comment

Don't worry the transgender girls don't care about high school either

Comment

My son has several good friends that play DA (not sure what to call it now) and they all would love to be able to play HS ball with all the kids that they grew up with. They come to all the HS home games and cheer from the stands. Regardless of how much a drop in quality HS can be, it’s still fun to play with old friends, for your town in front of your town.
            Yes. It is too bad that HS soccer does not allow for outside club ball during the season.

Comment

Yes. It is too bad that HS soccer does not allow for outside club ball during the season.
              Yeah, too bad ... I am sure it would not cause conflicts .... sorry coach, can we play our varsity match on Saturday instead of tomorrow? We have 4 kids that have a club practice tonight and they can't make our game.

Comment

Yeah, too bad ... I am sure it would not cause conflicts .... sorry coach, can we play our varsity match on Saturday instead of tomorrow? We have 4 kids that have a club practice tonight and they can't make our game.
                I know plenty hate the rule but it's there for a reason - to prevent athlete burnout (you'd be playing 7 days a week) and putting kids in difficult positions with HS and club coaches. Face it, some aren't exactly "understanding." We have the most restrictive rule but in some other states that allow both, HS always has to be your priority

Comment

Yeah it's too bad they chose a league that doesn't allow it. It's all about choices. DA rules are clear, HS rules are clear. Sometimes you can't get everything you want. Pick and live with the consequences

Comment

How many tryout emails are they going to send? Desperate for players?

Comment

Beachside finally breaks

Word is Beachside is done. My son heard from a friend on his team.

Talk is that the board resigned, and Mickey was fired. That the club is done done done.

Follow the $, because Mickey is suspected of already taking some of it a year ago.

Anyone know anything?

First Covid, now this!

Comment

Talk is that the board resigned, and Mickey was fired. That the club is done done done.

Follow the $, because Mickey is suspected of already taking some of it a year ago.

Anyone know anything?

First Covid, now this!
                        Come on man, you can at least attempt a better trolling job than this.

Comment

I know plenty hate the rule but it's there for a reason - to prevent athlete burnout (you'd be playing 7 days a week) and putting kids in difficult positions with HS and club coaches. Face it, some aren't exactly "understanding." We have the most restrictive rule but in some other states that allow both, HS always has to be your priority
                          Our high school team practices or has a game 6-7 dsys a week. As the season progresses sometimes they give them off Saturday. I'll leave it to ones imagination how useful those practices are given that its HS soccer. Our club team practices 3 times a week (2 in winter) plus a game on the weekend. How are 5-6 practices a week for HS not the source of the burnout problem?

Comment

Anyone know anything?

First Covid, now this!
                            The board resigned in March, 10 members.
                            They wanted to fire Mickey, but they resigned before... Omar is taking over... good luck with that. Players are leaving the BS, only new kids are coming and they are all from Pythons.
                            By the way, My Boyfriend was on the board. Your welcome.

Comment

Our high school team practices or has a game 6-7 dsys a week. As the season progresses sometimes they give them off Saturday. I'll leave it to ones imagination how useful those practices are given that its HS soccer. Our club team practices 3 times a week (2 in winter) plus a game on the weekend. How are 5-6 practices a week for HS not the source of the burnout problem?
                              Doesn't matter, it is what it is. Can't do both, it's absolutely too much.

Comment

Come on man, you can at least attempt a better trolling job than this.
                                Where did all the money go for the facility that was never built?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X