Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club pre-offers

How are the academy clubs handling the current situation without official tryouts? Wondering how to approach these pre-offers? Should one just be patient and not accept right away?

Who is offering pre-offers?

Comment

CSA monmouth offered spots to existing players for the club if they sign the contract and parents start paying in april. this doesn't guarantee them a spot on their current team, just in the club at their age group.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        CSA monmouth offered spots to existing players for the club if they sign the contract and parents start paying in april. this doesn't guarantee them a spot on their current team, just in the club at their age group.
        This is terrible if true.

Comment

This is terrible if true.
          What is so terrible?
          If you like your club then it’s fine to accept an early offer.

Comment

"Current CSA Players,

Tryout dates and times for the 2020 - 2021 season have been announced. Cedar Stars Academy – Monmouth has established a process we believe will alleviate a lot of the distractions during the spring season. We are giving you the opportunity to accept a spot with your age group prior to “open tryouts” in April.

The actual teams (NL, EDP, Green and White) will be created after open tryouts, but your child will already be accepted into the age group pool.

As everyone is aware, we have a player progression pathway within our club which allows us to identify the right level and environment for each player, which challenges our athletes.

We encourage all of our players who wish to continue their development at Cedar Stars Academy – Monmouth, to please register for tryouts as soon as possible. We greatly value all of our current players, the passion and devotion you have displayed throughout the previous season(s)

We have set up a FAQ page for you to view HERE.

If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us at contactusmonmouth@cedarstars.com or call (732) 686-1567 ex. 632"

From FAQ:

When is my initial deposit due?
            April 15 the required deposit will be automatically charged to your credit card. Even though you accept before April 1, your deposit will not be due until April 15, 2020.

What is the cost for the 2020/2021 season?
            Full age group breakdown HERE

How will the age groups be divided into teams?
            Based on a number of factors, the teams within the age groups will not be finalized until after tryouts are complete. Depending on the age group they will be divided into green, white, black, NL, EDP.

If my child was on the EDP team this past season will he/she be on the EDP in the fall 2020?
            The fall season is over 6 months away. It is almost impossible to know which team he/she will be on at this time. Based on coaches evaluations of the entire age group these decisions will be made after open tryouts. We regularly move players both up and down based on their development and what is best for the player.

What if my child wants to tryout for the US Development Academy team (our highest level team U13 and up)?
            US Development Academy (DA) tryouts are not held until late June after their season concludes. There will be separate tryouts for these teams and if your child makes a DA team, he/she will be transferred over from their current team to the DA team.

Do I need to attend tryouts?
            Yes, all players must attend tryouts. We encourage you to attend as many CSA tryouts as possible.

When will the coaches be announced?
            Coaches are not announced until after the spring season concludes. It is not fair to disrupt the current spring season with the addition or subtraction of a coach before his season is completed.

Comment

"Current CSA Players,

Tryout dates and times for the 2020 - 2021 season have been announced. Cedar Stars Academy – Monmouth has established a process we believe will alleviate a lot of the distractions during the spring season. We are giving you the opportunity to accept a spot with your age group prior to “open tryouts” in April.

The actual teams (NL, EDP, Green and White) will be created after open tryouts, but your child will already be accepted into the age group pool.

As everyone is aware, we have a player progression pathway within our club which allows us to identify the right level and environment for each player, which challenges our athletes.

We encourage all of our players who wish to continue their development at Cedar Stars Academy – Monmouth, to please register for tryouts as soon as possible. We greatly value all of our current players, the passion and devotion you have displayed throughout the previous season(s)

We have set up a FAQ page for you to view HERE.

If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us at contactusmonmouth@cedarstars.com or call (732) 686-1567 ex. 632"

From FAQ:

When is my initial deposit due?
              April 15 the required deposit will be automatically charged to your credit card. Even though you accept before April 1, your deposit will not be due until April 15, 2020.

What is the cost for the 2020/2021 season?
              Full age group breakdown HERE

How will the age groups be divided into teams?
              Based on a number of factors, the teams within the age groups will not be finalized until after tryouts are complete. Depending on the age group they will be divided into green, white, black, NL, EDP.

If my child was on the EDP team this past season will he/she be on the EDP in the fall 2020?
              The fall season is over 6 months away. It is almost impossible to know which team he/she will be on at this time. Based on coaches evaluations of the entire age group these decisions will be made after open tryouts. We regularly move players both up and down based on their development and what is best for the player.

What if my child wants to tryout for the US Development Academy team (our highest level team U13 and up)?
              US Development Academy (DA) tryouts are not held until late June after their season concludes. There will be separate tryouts for these teams and if your child makes a DA team, he/she will be transferred over from their current team to the DA team.

Do I need to attend tryouts?
              Yes, all players must attend tryouts. We encourage you to attend as many CSA tryouts as possible.

When will the coaches be announced?
              Coaches are not announced until after the spring season concludes. It is not fair to disrupt the current spring season with the addition or subtraction of a coach before his season is completed.
              So they want you to accept without knowing your team + without knowing which coaches have even been assigned to your age group for the upcoming year? The Spring season is over before it started, so nothing to really disrupt but your wallet. They need to do better. Even MFA provided coaching assignments for the age groups ahead of time.

Comment

I understand the questions. Especially if you are traveling far and things can change like location or coaches. But overall, if you have been with a club for years it’s not that big of an issue to early commit.

Comment

So they want you to accept without knowing your team + without knowing which coaches have even been assigned to your age group for the upcoming year? The Spring season is over before it started, so nothing to really disrupt but your wallet. They need to do better. Even MFA provided coaching assignments for the age groups ahead of time.
                  this came out well before the current shut down, but yes they are looking for a commitment to the club knowing nothing else. if your kid is in the top 4-5 of their current roster (and like it), then it's probably ok to do this (even though you won't know the coach until after the season). on the other hand, you never know where you kid is actually going to be placed and might not like it after tryouts.

Comment

I understand the questions. Especially if you are traveling far and things can change like location or coaches. But overall, if you have been with a club for years it’s not that big of an issue to early commit.
                    i think if there is any chance (you need to be realistic about your kid) of being bumped down to a different roster then i would say use a lot of caution.

Comment

i think if there is any chance (you need to be realistic about your kid) of being bumped down to a different roster then i would say use a lot of caution.
                      I agree. That’s a fair and reasonable way to look at it.

Comment

What is so terrible?
                        If you like your club then it’s fine to accept an early offer.
                        Way too earlier. Too many variables. The customer (parent/kid) needs to make sure the club performs well into Spring and has fall lined up and ready as well. Seen it too many times where parents pay early and coach/club doesn’t stick to what was sold.

Comment

MatchFit “Academy”

Comment

Way too earlier. Too many variables. The customer (parent/kid) needs to make sure the club performs well into Spring and has fall lined up and ready as well. Seen it too many times where parents pay early and coach/club doesn’t stick to what was sold.
                            Exactly. I think that CSA message is disingenuous. They want you to sign on to their monthly subscription package early (APRIL!!!!) and lock you in for another year. This is a money-making scheme and nothing more. This will do nothing to "alleviate a lot of the distractions of the spring season" except for their wallets. Clubs and teams should make solid 1 year commitments to players just like parents do with their money. They shouldn't bring in anyone new mid-season unless there is a significant issue on either the team or player side. If CSA was being forthright they would let kids commit to specific teams (if current coach agrees it's appropriate) and deal with the consequences.

Comment

MatchFit “Academy”
                              Yep- they are just following the matchfit model- MF will tell you you are one team, and then halfway through move you down, for a new player that has joined the club. ( that isn't even as good ) stay away!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X