Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jefferson cup cancelled

I heard Jefferson cup was going to be cancelled due to Coronavirus.Airlines are shutting flights down .

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I heard Jefferson cup was going to be cancelled due to Coronavirus.Airlines are shutting flights down .
    Two airlines are scaling back 10% of their US flights starting in April. Jeff Cup doesn't have many teams that fly. That doesn't mean they won't cancel - no doubt parents are pressuring clubs who are pressuring organizers. But use some facts and logic when trying to get a reaction

Comment

so tired of the hysterical overreaction

Comment

So true. Too many people can't live unless there is a crisis to worry about.

Comment

Humans by nature aren't always rational. No doubt some (some) parents are pressing their clubs to drop out. Then others start to follow as the event becomes less appealing, schedules get messed up, college coaches start to bail. I agree the risk for teenagers or even their parents at a soccer event is extremely minimal. But I can only do me/my family and can't influence others who aren't thinking clearly

Comment

It’d no worse than the flu

Comment

Your headline is misleading. A complete untruth.
              Please refrain from lies, unless you work for Fox News, which is the platform for unchecked Presidential lying

Comment

Please refrain from lies, unless you work for Fox News, which is the platform for unchecked Presidential lying
                Weird you would bring politics into this, and even weirder how the hysteria is coming from the left but you took a chance to twist it.

Sounds about right....

Comment

It is both. Left acts like this is the end of the world and Right acts as if it is all made up. The reality as always is that it lies somewhere in the middle and someday it will be made apparent who was closer to the truth.

Comment

Weird you would bring politics into this, and even weirder how the hysteria is coming from the left but you took a chance to twist it.

Sounds about right....
                    Please explain how the hysteria is "coming from the left." I acknowledge that many on the left would welcome anything that makes DT seem incompetent and harms his reelection chances (BTW - I think it's a 75% chance that he gets a 2nd term). However, are the doctors from NIH or scientists at the CDC not telling the facts as they know them? Are they creating the hysteria by providing information? Is there enough known about this virus and its transmission to unequivocally state that there's no threat? I hope you're right, but I trust them and their information much more than I trust you.

And I have zero respect for any info coming from DT, who says that people with infection are going to work (as if that's a good thing), and is using his gut to manage the situation --- instead of using facts. His contempt (poorly masked fear and insecurity, actually) for science and experts and people with deep knowledge may end up costing many lives, unfortunately.

If this thing blows over and turns out to be nothing but another form of flu, we will all be very happy. If it is very serious and we manage to contain it and limit the impact, it will be because we are taking the threat seriously right now. If it turns into a Spanish Flu type of tragedy, you'll wish you listened to experts and watched something other than Fox or DT's twitter feed.

Comment

Don’t waste your breath trying to explain science or facts to trolls. They’re huddled in their mom’s basement right now wearing a gas mask. They just want to convince liberals to be careless & contract the virus or they’re just bored and trying to rile you up.

Comment

Sounds about right....
                        The Dow is down another 800 points this morning but you know how left wing Wall Street is with their hysterical over reactions.

Comment

Humans by nature aren't always rational. No doubt some (some) parents are pressing their clubs to drop out. Then others start to follow as the event becomes less appealing, schedules get messed up, college coaches start to bail. I agree the risk for teenagers or even their parents at a soccer event is extremely minimal. But I can only do me/my family and can't influence others who aren't thinking clearly
                          Most universities are scaling back all non-essential travel. They don’t want their employees going off to big events and getting the Coronavirus and bringing it back to the campus. Many coaches may be forced to bail from recruiting trips. Many parents won’t want to send their kids for fear of the Coronavirus - especially if there won’t be many coaches watching. No way the cup organizers cancel though. That’s too much money!

Comment

People are already there or on their way. There would be no point.

Comment

Unlike CNN or MSNBC? The textbook definition of hype, fictional, propaganda transmitters. Can't call them a news station because they are not.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X