• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    yes, I can't list them all bro....
    not for academy however.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      fc westchester will boast of the handful of their players who went on to mls clubs but really its a premier program at best. best years are well in the rear view window and club finances are disaster. talented and motivated players play at nysc but its very competitive and they will put you on there premier team if they can upgrade teh academy team.
      FCW has put 15-20 kids in MLS youth teams (nycfc/rb) last few years, same as NYSC. And their older DA teams have better records than NYSC. both clubs very good and better than premier.

Comment

I JUST went through this. As the first post stated, 3 years ago, Westchester FC had big promises but poor delivery on MOST aspects. We did like the original 08 girls coach, but then they replaced him with an inexperienced newbie. Downhill from there. In looking at new clubs I came to find out just how little we were getting for our money. What most clubs include (filming/ certain tourneys, etc.), parents are nickel and dimed for with Westchester FC. Many promises made of mixed teams and flowing rosters, but none kept. Save your money for a PROFESSIONAL organization, which Westchester FC is not.

Comment

NYSC is the way to go. Good training and facilities. A few things to consider, so you’re not surprised with NYSC :
          They tend to move players between teams in an age group, meaning you could be on an “A” team and find your self bumped to “B”. There are big differences between teams.

You should consider what supplemental programs you need to partake in through NYSC. Just consider all.

Good luck. It’s a fine program compared to many other local clubs.

Comment

For girls A teams, Nysc GA is much better than Fcw. Neither has teams that compete with WC. For boys, both play mlsn but nysc seems more polished and professional. Both seem to place kids at nycfc or rb academies at a similar rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              For girls A teams, Nysc GA is much better than Fcw. Neither has teams that compete with WC. For boys, both play mlsn but nysc seems more polished and professional. Both seem to place kids at nycfc or rb academies at a similar rate.
              boys 2014 nysc team is incredible , smokes fcw

Comment

2014s? You can’t be serious. Paying for a club like that for an 8 year old is hilarious.

Comment

2014s? You can’t be serious. Paying for a club like that for an 8 year old is hilarious.
                  Thats not even their youngest boys travel team. Yes i am serious and yes they are incredible.

Comment

90% will be gone by u13

Comment

Clearly a dad at his first rodeo. Half the team won't be playing in a few years, including possibly his kid. "Top" teams no long are, some "top" players passed by ones that weren't at that young age.

Oh, and wins don't matter for ulittles either. It doesn't mean the kids are learning.

Comment

To say playing Club soccer at U-Littles instead of town soccer doesn't matter is absolutely ridiculous. I have 2 kids who went through top level programs all the way through high school. One plays in college. The other one developed other interests and focused on other things. Every age from 8 years old and onward a child in a top club with good training that is not about wins and losses will be learning more and growing more as a player than a peer at 99.9% of town teams. You may decide the cost or the travel isn't worth it. That is entirely fair. But the skills and knowledge of the game are not comparable in the player coming up through a select club vs. nearly all town programs. This is based on watching hundreds of kids come and go during the last 15 years or so. The gap only widens.

Comment

I have seen on both the girls (ECNL) and boys (MLS) side that kids waltz in from town teams all the time at U12 & up. Many of these kids play for a decent town program and also do Futsal, or groups like NCE, RDS, etc. Then around U12 they jump and displace the kids hwove been at the big club since they were 6.

Comment

Clearly a dad at his first rodeo. Half the team won't be playing in a few years, including possibly his kid. "Top" teams no long are, some "top" players passed by ones that weren't at that young age.

Oh, and wins don't matter for ulittles either. It doesn't mean the kids are learning.
                            my son plays for an opponent but he is trying out for their team. They are really good. Not sure why ur so bitter!

Comment

My advice to those with little kids is to not jump too early, train, play in varied environments, play futsal and then take a step up at 9v9 and then maybe another step up at around u14.

Comment

my son plays for an opponent but he is trying out for their team. They are really good. Not sure why ur so bitter!
                                You're still a clueless first timer

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X